Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a police psychology problem?? (Read 113301 times)

Re: Is there a police psychology problem??

Reply #376
Race is not superficial and the sheer statistics can pass that odd thought. Equally we know that police are under pressure but one has to ponder as tyo how extensive the training actually is and it is an unfortunate part of the system that guns are so prominent in a society. This creates a gun and racial trait and as I pointed out many routinely decent whites have grown up in a situation that has existed from the early days so does not tend to be in a sense really noticed or appreciated. And anyway stresses on police are not an overall answer at all as it has went on from the starting days until now as black people have always been second fiddle. Other countries can have police who are wider trained to deal with all sorts of situations without having to strangle, shoot repeatedly, kick to death or break spines, etc. Imagine having a country where police don't  carry guns - could one imagine that?!

Unfortunately even considering decent and dedicated officers the country does have a very deep seated problem and is not some recent trend at all. A nation awash with guns and a police service continually becoming like an army is no help at all but sadly the love of weaponry has created a problem all by itself.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #377
And the farce about what passes for a police service in the ex-colonies continues. On Saturday a news report on an incident in Cleveland two years ago when police chased 2 men in a car - black of course. Some 13 policemen all fired their guns at the 2 men and one got on the bonnet and fired his gun through the windscreen not once but repeatedly. He got off with it of course it is America. So 13 cops firing guns at 2 unarmed men and one going ballistic and all of that is A1. It should be only folk in a loony bin who would regard that one as okay.

Reply #378
Other countries can have police who are wider trained to deal with all sorts of situations without having to strangle, shoot repeatedly, kick to death or break spines, etc. Imagine having a country where police don't  carry guns - could one imagine that?!
Like the coppers who refused to investigate and prosecute rape and forced prostitution allegations for a dozen years, for fear of "upsetting" your Pakis?
The police here are sworn to "serve and protect". In your country, they've been coerced to serve and protect politically correctly determined "minorities" — and screw everyone else. (To protect themselves, of course, from their masters!)
The Lords (and Commons) forbid, a minority group's members be held to account for their actual crimes! That could be considered an indication of racial bias! (The worst crime now imaginable!)

If you were numerate, I'd argue with you. But since you are also illiterate I'll let it go: You've managed to catch up quite quickly with our level of racial violence, and you didn't even have to try! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #379
You continue to give yor own country a bad name byt unbelievingly sidestepping the police issue. That rubbish about 'serve and protect' is just a publicity gimmick. How can you justify a policeman standing on a bonnet of a car pumping round after round of bullets into the motor?  The damn car was chased on the possibly genuine mistake that a backfire was mistaken for gunfire so it took dozens of policemen in a convoy and they fired 137 rounds at the couple who did not fire back because they were unarmed. That young cop who was on the car pumping like mad is typical.

Our situation is competently different. Your country started with guns but instead of getting maturity hung onto them like children. Your police are not as trained as you claim nor are they as long as ours. Ours are also trained to deal with those with obvious mental problems. You bodyswerve this Cleveland incident because there is no principled answer available from you lot. Cleveland has already had trouble with the Federal Government at them previously for un-needed violence. Indeed violence is a weekly thing over there and getting unarmed people shot regularity is the norm. Your cops don't want to run after someone just shoot them several times. Keep it up as you are making a fool of the sensible ex-colonist corner.

Reply #380
So, what's your explanation for what happened in Rotherham? Well, Howie: What of your original question: "Is there a police psychology problem?"
进行 ...

Reply #381
Oh for goodness sake. Thinking Americans will be embarrassed by you. You are trying to compare Rotherham with police right across your country shooting unarmed people as a right and get away with it? Try and face the truth instead of falling back on a juvenile clown mindset. Let me remind again as you are slow in getting past "duh."

From east to west in your country it is a regular thing for police to be too ready to gun down rather than chase or apphrehend like in other countries. You are so affixed with a badge and uniform folk of your limited grey cells  understand nothing. In the Cleveland case it is in that one case as shocking indictment. Over 130 shots fired at the car, dozens of police joining the chase in cumfy cars. That charged cop standing on the bonnet firing shots in double figures. From New York to Los Angeles police impropriety is legend and being gong on for over a century at least.  Add to this the constant militarisation of the polce and it makes you not only a damn laughing stock but a more dangerous image.  The reason why things are more prominent now is due to things ike the mobile phone where events are filmed by others watching. And even in that police have tried to stop watchers doing that.

All this gives a picture to the outside world that you police can be as gung-ho as they feel inclined to. Hardly any bad cop gets into jail for violence and like Cleveland the law acts like an ass. Why the hell does a judge make excuses for a policeman jumping on a car and continually blasting repeatedly at the unarmed man and women/ Yeah you will hide behind the excuses. Instead of you facing thr truth you try to body-swerve but we do not have a police service half trained nor the constant and regular violence you have nor have soldiers having to be on streets.  Try asking yourself why the police matter is not a distant one but continually. Ask why the police get military vehicles and equipment so easily/ Your police does have a mental issue and obviously not as well trained as you would like to boast instead with the supremacy of the gun and uniform they think they can do what they like and they can. Oh and let us remember that in supreme numbers of victims are normally black.  "Serve and protect." A farcical inscription on cars as what they do is serve themselves and stuff everyone else.

These things would be normal in a dictatorship but as regular as the clock in the place that claims principles. You have a big, big, problem but either incapable of facing it optoo self-centred.

Reply #382
As usual, you don't care about the topic — so long as it provides a soapbox from which to deliver your rants against the United States…
Ah, well. As you've said, it provides a little variety to your days.
进行 ...

Reply #383
How can you be so infantile? Oh you like trying to be funny but fall back on the old hoary one about digging at the USA. It is so damn easy the way you act and you simple cannot answer the points about the police. It has been going on for ever over there and it is only nowadays it is getting more predominance and for very good reasons.

If your police cannot run after an unarmed man without gunning him with several bullets they are not trained right. The same applies to 30 odd officers shooting over 130 bullets at 2 unarmed in a car then that idiot on the bonnet pumping in dozens.  Every so often we see because of modern tv, mobile phones, etc, police beating people up sometimes more than one carrying out the battering, choking or whatever. Recently a documentary gave an insight into some mental institutions where the unifromed guards do not take on board the occupants have mental problems and beat them up and worse. It is obliviously a deep problem you have with cops.  Hey does anyone over there remember foot patrols instead of convoys of cars?

If you had simply accepted that evidence is showing there is a big problem that would at least be respected but you are so damn red neck and huffy about terrible things that totally contradict what is supposed to be. I dare say folk of your grey cells are champing at the bit that mobile pines tell the truth about your police service and that the truth is right across the country is even more in the face. Face the truth.

Reply #386
From behind Jochie's link:

Behind the numbers: Zambrano-Montes was killed in February by officers responding to reports that he was throwing rocks at cars. The incident was caught on video, with 17 shots fired; according to police, “five or six” struck Zambrano-Montes.

In Finland, according to chief inspector Jukka Salmine, police fired just six bullets in all of 2013.

To be fair, Finland had a fatal police shooting this year: http://www.finlandtimes.fi/national/2015/01/15/13335/Suspected-Oulu-axe-killer-dies-in-police-operation

Finnish sources are more detailed than this English-speaking one. The reported details say that a single policeman fired "at least two shots" at the axeman. Before shooting, the same policeman first received a blow with the axe to the head. The policeman was wearing a helmet and he was a member of a special squad of 15 who were all on the spot with the task to hunt down the axeman who had already killed two people.

This is how this axeman in Finland died.

Reply #387
Unfortunately ersi you are not right exercising that as a fair balance. Even the US President has admitted publicly there is a big US police problem shooting in bad situations. It contradicts all the land of freedom guff. The rest of the world does not have the same headache as over the pond and Obama had to admit it. That this has been a long history was not known to many but the rise of mobile phones with cameras tells the truth. Regular shootings when guns did not have to be used on unarmed people and at the same time loads of bullets?? Shameful.

Reply #388
There are about 900,000 policemen in the U.S. If each one shoots two people per year...

Reply #389
I read at the news that one of the two men that escaped from jail in a very imaginative and well humored escape, leaving behind a smiley - have a nice day, was killed by the police near the Canadian border.
Was there such a necessity?

The American "cultural" tradition of chasing people as animals, shoot them to death and show the hunting trophy for the photograph really has no place any longer.
That is not done and never was for justice or law.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #390
The American "cultural" tradition of chasing people as animals, shoot them to death and show the hunting trophy for the photograph really has no place any longer

Utterly silly.

These convicts aren't/weren't....

I'm no Smileyfaze, but going after people like these isn't for the light of heart.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/new-york-prison-break/

Reply #391
Nearly 900,000 police? Emphasises the problem!

Reply #392
An armed and violent police force is evidently a democratic requirement.
[video]https://youtu.be/7EX3km583Dw[/video]

(Old video, the Internet moves in mysterious ways)

Reply #393

Nearly 900,000 police? Emphasises the problem!

In a population of 320,000,000. 17,496 in Scotland in a population of 5,327,700. There's a significant difference, but what does it mean?

Now, please explain what the emphasis is. I'll bet you can't.

The Vatican City has 15,550 policemen per 100,000 people. Obviously, the Vatican is overburdened by violent crime! Bodies everywhere.
=====================
Just in case you missed it, please explain what the emphasis is. I'll bet you can't.

Reply #394
The Vatican City has 15,550 policemen per 100,000 people. Obviously, the Vatican is overburdened by violent crime! Bodies everywhere.

Um, what? You can walk around it in less than a half hour and I thought the population was no more than about 900. Given certain obvious facts I can well imagine there are an awful lot of police officers employed, but certainly nothing like 15,000. :P

Reply #395
Given certain obvious facts I can well imagine there are an awful lot of police officers employed, but certainly nothing like 15,000.

You're right, but the number is 15,000 per 100,000 people. You do the math because anything more than 1+1=3 is too much for me.

Reply #396
Wikipedia says the present count of Vatican police is 130. I would have thought a little more given Jimbro's figures, I came out with 139--- given a population of 900 and assuming the percentage of police to population remained the same.

I'm not sure they do much beyond honorary stuff and making sure visitors stay off the grass-- oh, yes, being the Pope's bodyguard too. Trying to quell Chicago-style shoot-outs? Nope.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #397
Murder and bank heists aren't overly common in Vatican City.

VATICAN CITY HAS THE HIGHEST PER CAPITA CRIME RATE IN THE WORLD

BY STAFF WRITER

VATICAN CITY (INTELLIHUB) — Many people were shocked last week, when it was discovered that about a dozen condoms filled with liquid cocaine was sent to the Vatican.  The cocaine shipment weighed in at about 12 ounces and was worth tens of thousands of dollars.

While this is an interesting case, what many people don’t know is that the Vatican actually has the highest crime rate in the world.  This doesn’t necessarily mean that more crimes are committed at the Vatican than anywhere else, but it does mean that there is an incredible amount of crime considering the population of the area.

Crime in the Vatican City consists largely of purse snatching, pickpocketing and shoplifting, by outsiders. The tourist foot-traffic in St. Peter’s Square is one of the main locations for pickpockets in Vatican City, according to Wikipedia.

Reply #398
Well I'm not visiting the Vatican City. As an Orangeman I would have nothing to come home with.  :yikes:

Reply #399
I'd bet you'd still have your sneer… :)
进行 ...