Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 351411 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1325
The problem you have is your preferred candidate is Hillary Clinton!
Did I actually say this is the case? I've been hearing Gary Johnson on the radio and he makes some very valid points.
And this excuse maker liar wants to lead America?? 
Have you looked up Trump's lies? While neither can be called honest, Trump's more full of shit than a fertilizer factory. Beside, she was found to have not committed a crime with the emails anyway. Additionally Secretaries Powell and Rice also used private servers. So why is it that you guys are banking so hard on this stupid emails? Because there's nothing positive you can say about Trump? He has got to be the worst candidate ever offered by either of the major parties and again, the worst liar of them all (including either of the Clintons.

"Crooked Hillary" pales in her corruption to Trump. He's the very living incarnation of it. This to be expected of a man doing business with mobsters (which he lied about.... )

At this time, I ask you to recall that there's a good chance I'll vote for Johnson not her and I'm far from a Hillary supporter. It's just that the "scandals" the GOP levels against Clinton are hypocrisy at its finest when contrasted with the lies and corruption of Trump.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1326
I've been Gary Johnson on the radio...
Were you Gary Johnson somewhere between Sang and midnight raccoon or do you hold multiple passports simultaneously?

Reply #1327
Just some advice from beyond the grave...

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1328
As always, Sang, you present as serious an argument as you are capable of… :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1329
Krake, Guccifer 2.0 did use a French VPN
That means that even he is skillful, he isn't a pro. No pro would use a VPN service exept the service is run by himself. ;)
but the IP was traced beyond that.
Nonsense. The've probably obtained the log files from that VPN service.
As I said, it's almost cute that you don't think the FBI and other agencies  can't see beyond the first IP presented...)
There is no magic. Keep on dreaming. :)
Either the intruder makes a blooper or you need the cooperation of the authorities where the IP is coming from.
In the above case aside French authorities (if the VPN service is located in France) they needed the cooperation of at least one more authority. Namely the authorities of the country where the VPN service log files pointed at.

BTW, was it a Russian hacker?

Reply #1330
What serious arguments have I seen in favor of Trump?  Am I meant to provide an in-depth serious response to Smiley's conspiracy gibberish about "Emails!" and "Benghazi!" Fine, but I'm not bothered to type it out so so we have the NY Magazine article to read through. It first condemns the Clintons' corruption, but also notes Trump is the most corrupt candidate in US history:

Quote from: NY
Trump is the figure whose corruption stands out on a historic scale, and the notion that disdain for corruption would supply a rationale to elect him is nothing short of bizarre.

That's the last line of the article but here's another good one:

Trump is flamboyantly corrupt in ways that run to the very core of his identity and prospective governing choices.
Gotta love it. :D What kind of sheeple believe "Crooked Hillary" but don't recognize "Don the Con?"

Hillary is the lesser of two evils. But that's still an evil.  Johnson on the hand, appears to be true libertarian who ran a successful governorship of New Mexico for two terms and deserves a serious look.

Reply #1331
Johnson on the hand, appears to be true libertarian
Good God, Sang, you're actually looking for Kool-Aid to drink…! :)
进行 ...

Reply #1332
That means that even he is skillful, he isn't a pro. No pro would use a VPN service exept the service is run by himself.
I can see your reasoning in that. Perhaps this why Guccifer 2.0 was so readily identified as Russian. This is a serious problem if the Russian hackers are executing dirty tricks on behalf Trump, especially if it was under orders from the Kremlin. This is the modern day version of Watergate in which GOP operatives burglarized Democratic headquarters to steal documents, except this is even worse since we have a major foreign power trying to change the outcome the election. If Trump himself requested this, he needs to be in prison on multiple accounts, possibly including treason.

Reply #1333
Good God, Sang, you're actually looking for Kool-Aid to drink...!
The entire world's supply of it was used up by Trump supporters. But what's wrong with looking at alternatives to the Democrats and Republicans? Howie's not wrong that these parties are both corrupt.

Reply #1334
Perhaps this why Guccifer 2.0 was so readily identified as Russian. This is a serious problem if the Russian hackers ...
By reading your post I had the (false) impression that Guccifer 2.0 was identified  and caught.
He was readily identified as Russian because that's how propaganda works.
Aside the usual presumptions, is there any stalwart evidence that he is a Russian hacker?

Reply #1335
[…] these parties are both corrupt.
Damn, boy! You're making progress! :) (Now, if you'd only come to recognize the source of the corruption…)
But it's going to take a lot more thikin', to return to our founder's original conception of republican government… Of course, you don't want to go there!

BTW: If Howie told me it was raining, I'd put away my "bumbershoot," knowing I wouldn't need it…
进行 ...

Reply #1336
Guccifer 2.0: All Roads Lead to Russia That security firm as well as Crowdstrike should have all the information you need. The attacks did originate in Russia. Why does this hurt your feelings?

Reply #1337
BTW: If Howie told me it was raining, I'd put away my "bumbershoot," knowing I wouldn't need it...
Or you could look up from the right-wing blog that's poisoning your mind and look out the window...

Reply #1338
Likewise, if you told me it was raining, I'd assume you were making a political point… :) For you, everything is political!
———————————————————————————————
Fred Reed has an argument you should be interested in…
进行 ...

Reply #1339
Wish Oakdale was sober when he patters. Anyway last night I seen a passing news item on polls for the election and recent one showed Trump 2% ahead. We know they fluctuate but isn't it a revelation that Trump is showing the level he is??
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1340
I'm one of those old-fashioned people: I'll wait for the actual election results… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1341
The attacks did originate in Russia. Why does this hurt your feelings?
Not exactly my feelings but rather my intellect, dear Sang.

- If you read carefully that article you'll notice that even the author admits that he has no stalwart evidence.
Besides, anybody can use a Russian VPN service (the author did himself) and anybody can use a Russian mail service. Only an idiot hacker will use the same mail address for different tasks.
- Not hobby-hackers are the world's real problem. They don't wiretap intercontinental telecommunication cables, international institutions (e.g. the UNO), foreign governments and foreign industrial objects.
- There is a large scale anti-Russian propaganda campaign and 'Russian' hackers are only a small part of a broad picture.
'Russian' hackers are just the first step in the process of demonising leaking platforms like WikiLeaks. Such sites became a thorn in your government's eyes.
As long as the leaks would refer only to pariah countries like Russia, China, Iran,..., such platforms would be great. But leaking documents from Western 'friends' let alone the USA can't be anything else but Putin's propaganda. A platform demasking our incorruptible politicians must be a bolshevik conspiracy that threatens our Western values. Such a bolshevik conspirator is for instance Julian Assange, Putin's undercover KGB agent.
Hence it doesn't come as a surprise that the attention is not focused on what Hillary's mails might reveal but instead on who uploaded them.
It's sad that whoever uploaded them, had to choose (for good reasons) a Russian VPN service. Otherwise the person might be already sitting behind bars.
- The broader picture is the revival of the cold war by all means, something serving US interests but not those of the EU.

Reply #1342
What I find rather strange is the stuff that Clinton came out with that Russian hackers were interfering with the electoral system. Even officialdom had to admit that there was no proof at all on such stuff. However it did not stop the media and newspapers right across the country coming out with the same stuff.  How easy is it to brain people into a Cold war on well nothing?

Oakdale can I say that waiting is an excuse then you will come up trying to show how positive you were!

Reply #1343
Oakdale can I say that waiting is an excuse then you will come up trying to show how positive you were!
As usual, RJ, your inability to express yourself clearly makes it hard for one to respond… :)

Simply put: If Trump wins, I'll hope for the best. If Clinton wins, I'll fear for the worst.

(How's your new PM working out? Any progress on that Brexit thing?)
进行 ...

Reply #1344
Since I don't like either candidate, I'm going to write in my choice, Queen Elizabeth II. She's not likely to win, but it will make me feel better about my vote.

Reply #1345
Well Queen Elizabeth gets around 80% support so you poor folk are way behind. Neither of the 2 for the White House are very impressive at all but how can someone like Clinton who has the more political experience come out with guff as she has done on things like the election system being infiltrated  when there is no damn proof. The ex-colonists here know deep down that neither Clinton nor Trump will help the millions of fellow country people who are suffering and/or finding things difficult at home. The idea of a man standing without political experience is not a fault in itself it is just unfortunate whop that man is and the woman is a dangerous hawk. Damn shame for the people.

Reply #1346
Such sites became a thorn in your government's eyes.
True enough, but why his all the leaks are on Clinton when Trump has at least as much dirt. Where are the leaks on Trump's mob ties, to Trump University.  They don't seem to exist. Is this because Trump has forged an alliance with Vladimir Putin, the Russian autocrat who crushed freedom of speech under his heel in Russia?

Reply #1347
It's more likely that Trump didn't have the power of the government behind him… He may have done reprehensible things; but not under "color of law".
Do you not see the difference?

Let me give you an example:
I don't know about you :)), but I've often been a jerk. Bothersome, to some people, of course… But if I were a cop on the beat acting like a jerk, the level of harm likely to be caused to civil society escalates considerably. No?
(If you disagree, the whole Black Lives Matter movement is bogus…)

Reply #1348
Hillary Clinton tells you stuff you know is false, but you don't care... (Of course, you're used to being lied to!  :)  )
How do you feel about Trump's lies? Have you seen his Polifact file? . He actually lied more than he told the truth. It could well be true he's the worst liar on presidential campaign trail in history. Voting for him because one thinks  he's honest is quite bizarre.

Reply #1349
Oh dear oh dear midnight in giving you some credit of your grey cells I muse that I was mistaken. That utter nonsense about Trump and Putinin. Over 80% of Russians support him whether you like it or not and trying to find a US President with such a tally would be difficult. Living in a nation controlled by corporates you really have a nerve. Putin was elected and Russians like strong leaders. I would also have to say that what Trump commented on Putin was nearer the truth on leadership as Obama was a zilch. Clinton comes out with some very unhealthy attitudes to the Russians because she IS a hawk and her attitude is typical. You lot will believe anything drummed into you by a corporate controlled media like all that nonsense I mentioned regarding the Clinton childish of the bear disrupting the electoral system and all your newspapers delivering stupid propaganda. You are so easy to fool being so damn emotional and over-nationalistic.

On top of her nonsense why has she deliberately kept away from press meetings, eh? As a president she will be a dangerous woman on global matters and she will do damn all about the people in their legions in your country who are so bad off. Not one of you has yet been able to tell me she will see to them because you know she damn well won't bother her backside. She is funded by the money barons is a liar and if elected be a head-banger.