Skip to main content
Topic: What's going on in Scandinavia, North Atlantic, Baltic States and Scotland? (Read 135927 times)

Re: What's going on in Scandinavia, North Atlantic, Baltic States and Scotland?

Reply #300
Washington was wise to advise us to keep clear of European "entanglements"… :) Your squabbles will never cease, and your prejudices will persist till doomsday!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #301
Eh? When did America not get entangled in other places and their business?  For Heaven's sake!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #302

Eh? When did America not get entangled in other places and their business?  For Heaven's sake!

The UK, from 1939-1942.   :coffee:

*sips a cup of Tetley tea while waiting for Howie's humorous response, being as how he knows I am right*

Reply #303
The UK, from 1939-1942.    :coffee:
I think "the Colonel" means something like "Be careful what you wish for…" :)
进行 ...

Reply #305
Mr. Howie is an avid follower and admirer of Mr. Putin, who, if memory serves, invited himself into the Crimea and who has more recently been invited into western Ukraine.

Reply #306
Let's not forget Syria…
进行 ...

Reply #307
Too many have been "invited" to Syria! Guess who...well, it's the dual red, white and blue.

Reply #308

Too many have been "invited" to Syria! Guess who...well, it's the dual red, white and blue.

You mean invited themself, in breach with international law which evidently doesn't apply to everybody.
I can't recall Syria's still official government has invited so many...
BTW, Germany is also there with its reconnaissance jets. Probably for helping Turkey to hit Kurdish targets and for spying on Russians.
It seems that our slogan "No more war" turned into another "No more war without us".
---
Now sultan Erdogang is demanding Obama to chose between him, the high-profile NATO ally and the Kurds.
Stay tuned and watch who will be duped next.

Reply #309
Firstly it is very obvious that jimbro is still stuffed with his time in the Cold War era. What utter nonsense from an intelligent mind that Putin wants western Ukraine. Western Ukraine has a very unsavoury history and would remind him and other not very wide ex-colonist minds that western Ukraine was where there was a very strong support for the Nazis in WW2. They had their own special police units AND SS sections as well and even in today's it still mark SS heroes and a special memorial to a leader of the time. Even today we see neo-Nazis in the government and out in the streets. Putin has never by any declaration nor hint indicated anything on wanting Ukraine so the argument is silly. Indeed the Ukraine is badly run, only partly democratic has neo-Nazis in government and the place is a financial and shortage mess.ess and debt. It even owes Russia millions in unpaid power supply.

Crimea was taken and dumped in Ukraine by a Soviet era dictator and is back where it has always wanted to be and that is Russia. Obama and pals scoffed at the Crimean Referendum but were all for the Referendum that seen a province of Serbia voted out of Serbia because the US were behind that one so that made it okay. Indeed it supported the Kosovo Liberation Army which we all know got funding from drug money.  For a country like America with tens of millions of poor, hundreds of thousands losing homes a political system run by billionaires and pointing the moral finger at someone else is so not only absurd but totally unprincipled.  Now the great hypocrite country is extending the military budget (pleases the money barons) to intimidate Russia because the USA does not like any place they cannot control.

You can count Russian bases on the fingers of a hand but who spends half the global military bill and hundreds of bases. Unfortunately jimbro's mindset is on fairness not a lone one but part of that Cold War mind they grew up with and easily fall into the hands of the money barons who run the country and brain the people. Why anyone of general sense would want to own Ukraine is head shaking. It is not only a badly run country but deep in debt, racked by misuse and economic dread. As for the Colonel's attempt at being subtle and try and make a would-be point, I would say that without realising it he shows the ignorance of the ordinary. Stop reading comics boy!

Reply #310
Speaking about the Ukraine, a documentary worth to be watched in its full lenght:
Masks of revolution

Reply #311
You mean invited themself, in breach with international law which evidently doesn't apply to everybody.

Sadly, I wasn't consulted. Were I consulted from time to time this would be a much better country and world.

Reply #312
I read what you say, RJ. But I can only give it the credence it deserves…
Now the great hypocrite country
That's your whole focus, isn't it, RJ? Since your "country" was inconsequential before you were born, you feel others are poseurs… :)
(Sort-of, like your folk who wear kilts and squeak on bagpipes… No true Scotsmen!) Your country would do well, against savages; unfortunately, there are few of those left that you could meet — as an equal power.
进行 ...

Reply #313
Ah someone from a country that had half a million men in Vietnam and made a damn mes of it. That was in-between soldiers going bananas on drugs and shooting each other Oakdale!  The Commonwealth we created after the days of the BE is still there and a great thing but your imperialism depends on corruption, destabilising anyone who won;t accept your flawed way of doing things. It is all about corporate money that runs America and the money it makes overseas. As I have oft pointed out that any country that does not bow the knee to the monny men who run the country then disrupting a country of invading it is the next thing. You have been in a constant state of war since WW2.

Now the money men have organised another slow move against Russia because that particular nation will not succumb to your malpractices. More bases, crawling closer to Russia and all by the corporate industry men. You would get more respect if you spent less on military excuses and snidey policies against anyone who won't bend the knee to a system you have which treats it's own citizens in a disgraceful way. When one looks inside and what is done outside by your money barons it is hypocrisy and a reason why the present political election mess is as it is.

I am of the opinion that your mindset is one of self-aggrandisement and well expected when there are few sober times to get out out and unfortunately get lost in your own Trump brain confinement! Being Scots I am fortunate to be able to immediately see there are sensible Yanks on the forum.

Reply #315
Since Howie keeps going on about his nation's "wider" democracy, this is worth a read…

I'll let you-all determine what adjectives are appropriate! :)
进行 ...

Reply #316
I will make allowances for you Oakdale because your country is most certainly not a wide democracy and tens  of millions of Americans are suffering because of it. Corporates controlling 2 big parties funded by them is comparable to a democracy??  :faint:

Reply #317
Your "wide" democracy seems to let more than a third of your population "fall" into poverty — but the levels of affluence (except for your politicians and judges and bankers and such… :) ) that is common "over there" is so low that few would know the difference.
So: Envy's all you've got! :)

Being poor in the U.S. is like being upper-middle class, in Glasgow. But I'm sure -for most of them- their "wider" democracy is a palliative…
Then again, maybe not. It might eventually occur to them that their system of welfare-state-ism is failing, and will continue to do so; and should be reconsidered…
You know, on the basis of a "wide" democracy… :)
进行 ...

Reply #318
From the Daily Mail:
An English colleague was prompted to send Captain Maughan a letter telling him: 'Your country's (Scotland) a welfare state paid for by the English middle classes.'

Once the second independence vote takes place, it's hard to say how welfare will fare. Of course, that vote has yet to be scheduled. We'll have to wait until Nicola Sturgeon moves forward.

My heart is pounding!

Reply #319
Of course your heart is pounding jimbro as you are an emotional ex-colonist....

Truth on the sneaky comment is that in 1707 the Union of Parliaments saved Scotland as the attempt at colonisation stuff via the Daring scheme just about bankrupted up here. I well appreciate that there has been for ages a national government (Barnet Formula) that is a financial help to this small country. What does your lot in the would-be" greatest country in the world" do to help the tens of millions of poor, static wage earners and so on? Nothing.

Reply #320
this small country
You're only small because you lost your nerve, boy-o! I reckon it was before your generation, but yours certainly did nothing to regain it… ("Quit you like men" has such an ironic take, RJ; I won't belittle the fairer sex by comparing you to them: They, at least, have a place in the world and a necessary function.) Yours is -it seems to me- that of a parasite.
And you're proud of it! Do you know what that says, about you? :(
进行 ...

Reply #321
Groan. A tipsy Yank comes on here to snipe at my country. Not once over the years on Opera then here have I ever got direct answers to the list of negatives on your country. Much of your history has a good import from Scots and more damn principled one than say the Irish or Italians. Of course you have a big country of course and the negative side is unfortunately too many big heads in it as well.Creating wars, misuse of politics, damn ignoring the millions there who are suffering and so on.  The millions f decent ex-colonist folk who have been loyal have also been misused, lied to and their loyalty fiddled with. England helped create the days of Empire but the proportion of Scots who administered it was well above the game. Many Scots did so much for you place but it got corrupted by, well corruption on vast scales.

Mind you, I am aware that one cannot put all Yanks in the same hermit mind you have they are too busy struggling to keep going and deserve better. So for all the boasting about your land from your warped brain just look at the history concocted by your corporate misuses of the decent people. Constant wars since 1945 and although imperialism has slipped into history you are getting into massive debts trying to keep your alive. In truth you could learn many basics from a number of small countries that are not financial, crime ridden, military police styled cops  with constant mass murders (nearly one for every day of a year) along with a 5-figure total of the gun dead!

The size of a country is nothing it is what goes on and you had better look closer at yours before you mouth elsewhere and make a fool if the decent ex-colonists her and well, locally!  :P

ps. my quotation is from the Bible.

Reply #322
Groan. A tipsy Yank comes on here to snipe at my country.
No: A tipsy Yank responds to rank calumny from an old, ignorant bigot.
Not once over the years on Opera then here have I ever got direct answers to the list of negatives on your country.
And not once have you ever responded adequately to your county's failings… Other than to swerve and attack someone else! What does that say, RJ?
damn ignoring the millions there who are suffering and so on
Have you taken in any Syrian refugees, yourself, Howie? Indeed, what have you done in your community, since your government stopped paying you to be a do-gooder?
Many Scots did so much for you[r] place but it got corrupted by, well corruption on vast scales.
Learned from the best, didn't we? :)
Oh! We corrupted the Scots? :(
Constant wars since 1945
I'm pretty sure you and your European friends started that one… :) (Or are you still claiming that The Big One was the "War to end all wars"? Do you at least recognize that that one was stupid, as well? Nah.) Our (and others') small wars do much less harm than your lot did, when you had the power.

On a final note, apparently you think a "hermit" is someone you don't see regularly… Seems about right! :) I'm grateful for your absence. The gap between our ages would keep me from punching you; but I'd want to!
You're a Trump kind of guy, RJ: All mouth…
(You can work that into the Elections thread… I give it to you, gratis! Have fun. :) )
ps. my quotation is from the Bible
What quotation…?  Where? (I'm assuming you know how to cite the Bible. But, then, you haven't shown yourself capable of marking a quotation — from any source. There's a key on your keyboard —one of the many you routinely ignore!— that would help; but I don't expect you to find it… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #323

Groan. A tipsy Yank comes on here to snipe at my country. Not once over the years on Opera then here have I ever got direct answers to the list of negatives on your country. Much of your history has a good import from Scots and more damn principled one than say the Irish or Italians. Of course you have a big country of course and the negative side is unfortunately too many big heads in it as well.Creating wars, misuse of politics, damn ignoring the millions there who are suffering and so on.  The millions f decent ex-colonist folk who have been loyal have also been misused, lied to and their loyalty fiddled with. England helped create the days of Empire but the proportion of Scots who administered it was well above the game. Many Scots did so much for you place but it got corrupted by, well corruption on vast scales.

Mind you, I am aware that one cannot put all Yanks in the same hermit mind you have they are too busy struggling to keep going and deserve better. So for all the boasting about your land from your warped brain just look at the history concocted by your corporate misuses of the decent people. Constant wars since 1945 and although imperialism has slipped into history you are getting into massive debts trying to keep your alive. In truth you could learn many basics from a number of small countries that are not financial, crime ridden, military police styled cops  with constant mass murders (nearly one for every day of a year) along with a 5-figure total of the gun dead!

The size of a country is nothing it is what goes on and you had better look closer at yours before you mouth elsewhere and make a fool if the decent ex-colonists her and well, locally!  :P

ps. my quotation is from the Bible.

Here is your direct answer:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQASun9d8E[/video]

Reply #324
A long time I listed all the horrible hypocrisy in American history (twice I actually think) and not one was able to be dealt with. Instead there was the immature trying to find odd things elsewhere in the world instead. Terrible brained nationalism covered by being patriotic is laughable. The factual contradicts all the stuff you boast about at being the greatest. Many small countries do better than your lot! You lot live on boasting and getting lips turned up if the truth is shown.  :hat: