Skip to main content
Topic: Same Sex Marriage (Read 56770 times)

Re: Same Sex Marriage

Reply #25
Awesome run-on sentence.

That is all.

Reply #26
Like most Liberals, you'd have to -then- agree that killing unborn children was a God-given right! (Or something similar.)

There are some things that most people can agree upon. But, sometimes, their "political" positions obscure or occlude what should be in plain sight: Human life is a "good"…

Some don't admit this, I know. (They embarrass everyone else…) I'd ask a simple question:

Why do you care?

Don't you still want to seem a good Liberal? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #27
Same sex "marriage" it's no marriage, it's nothing more than two persons living together and no one cares about what they do no matter how loud they are constantly shouting to the world their sexual deviations.
An heterosexual constantly boring everybody about his sexual preferences would be arrested for harassment, I don't understand why those aren't.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #28
I have beaten this topic to death in another thread about a year ago. Or was it already at My Opera. Now it's dead.

Reply #30
Same sex "marriage" it's no marriage, it's nothing more than two persons living together and no one cares about what they do no matter how loud they are constantly shouting to the world their sexual deviations.

Gee, that's like every marriage.

Reply #32
And I fully agree with the charming man from Portugal. Good for you my boy!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #33
An heterosexual constantly boring everybody about his sexual preferences would be arrested for harassment, I don't understand why those aren't.

"A black constantly boring people about his equal rights should be arrested for harassment, I don't understand why those niggers aren't".  You are a bigotted a**hole Bel--go straight to the hell god made for you and, as always, rj too.   :knight:  :headbang:
James J

Reply #34
"A black constantly boring people about his equal rights should be arrested for harassment, I don't understand why those niggers aren't".
(You -of course- know how unfairly you posed your example? If not, the next time I walk through Dorchester, south Chicago or Watts, I'll ask you to come along! :) )
Shouldn't that be "A negroid constantly boring people about his perceived racial slights…"?

Can you not come up with your own metaphors, BTW? I mean, "Hell"? Really? :)
Wouldn't you just bash his head in…? (Do you suspect that your "no free will" stance would plea the crime down to involuntary manslaughter? :) )
进行 ...

Reply #35
You are a bigotted a**hole Bel--go straight to the hell god made for you and, as always, rj too.

Yes I am and I'm proud of it but excuse me, there's a problem with rj. We have separated hells, sort of hell apartheid, he can't enter mine. No "I had a dream" amongst the souls of the dead... :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #37

And I fully agree with the charming man from Portugal. Good for you my boy!

Says a man who isn't married agreeing with another man who isn't married.

What gives you more experience about marriage, to marry a woman for your entire life or marry a lot of them?
Funny you say that I have no experience with marrying women while you defend to be being married with men, something that I doubt very much you ever did.
True, true marriage it's different, it's a sacrament and as a sinner I confess, beyond my comprehension.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #38
My first inclination has been to stay out of this in the belief that no good can come of it. However, I have some questions that maybe one of the wise heads-- or maybe that should be wiseguy heads-- can answer.

What happens when the inevitable same-sex divorce comes? Who gets the house, kids (how that happens is anybody's guess) sizable portion of the other person's income and so on?

Typically-- at least here in the States-- when a standard male/female divorce happens, she keeps the kids, the house and a sizable portion of his income. But this wouldn't necessarily work when you have a male/male or female/female divorce.

I don't even want to think of the transgender implications. A person who isn't even sure if he/she is male or female probably wouldn't be the best choice for a marriage partner but you can bet the rent it'll happen-- and that if enough of them do marriage, there'll be a divorce sooner rather than later. Then we can really have fun trying to figure out who gets what-- the man that used to be a woman or the woman that used to be a man.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #39
Typically-- at least here in the States-- when a standard male/female divorce happens, she keeps the kids, the house and a sizable portion of his income. But this wouldn't necessarily work when you have a male/male or female/female divorce.

It doesn't sound like such an archaic system works in the first place. A more sensible system would be better for everyone, gay or not. I imagine there must be some state around that has one, so there's probably no necessity to look toward Europe for inspiration.

Reply #40
Jimbro started this party by saying a man should be able to marry a goat if he wanted to. OK. I reckon that's almost as perverted as it gets.

How about a man divorcing his wife because she loves her father's camel more than she loves her husband? I fancy that if men marrying beasts is made "normal" then divorcing because of a beast being the "other man" can't be far behind.

I said no good could come of this.....

According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #41
There are case regarding that matter mjsmsprt40 raises where some women get too much and can be unfair. The rise of queers, goats and camels undermines society and much else and meanwhile jimbro you might be brave here but hiv ma doots ye wull say that stuff in yir ane hoose.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #42
How about a man divorcing his wife because she loves her father's camel more than she loves her husband?

Shouldn't you have given the term loves scare quotes, mjm? :) (I read the print article -although it wasn't easy for my old eyes- and your "version" was misleading…)

One could make a good case, that this whole kerfuffle over SSM here in the States is fueled by lawyers who worry that ambulance-chasing will become less lucrative! (But I'd never do such a thing… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #43
How about a man divorcing his wife because she loves her father's camel more than she loves her husband? I fancy that if men marrying beasts is made "normal" then divorcing because of a beast being the "other man" can't be far behind.

I said no good could come of this.....

Well, the camel might have been exceptional.

This, on the other hand, is more interesting.

BANGKOK: Traffic came to a standstill after thousands of ducks took over a main road in Thailand, according to a media report.

The stampede was captured on mobile phone footage after drivers were forced to pull over while the birds rushed past, reported Mirror.

The seemingly never-ending line of ducks lasted well over two minutes before the video was cut off, although all the vehicles on the road were still unable to move, the report said.

According to a translation on Facebook, the man was late for a party when he got caught in the ‘duck traffic jam’.

http://filipinotimes.ae/editors-pick/2015/04/01/duck-stampede-leads-to-traffic-chaos/

Reply #44

How about a man divorcing his wife because she loves her father's camel more than she loves her husband?

Shouldn't you have given the term loves scare quotes, mjm? :) (I read the print article -although it wasn't easy for my old eyes- and your "version" was misleading…)

One could make a good case, that this whole kerfuffle over SSM here in the States is fueled by lawyers who worry that ambulance-chasing will become less lucrative! (But I'd never do such a thing… :) )

True story: One of the factors in my divorce 5.5 years back was that my wife insisted that I loved the cat more than her. Now, this cat was only a kitten, and never achieved any size to speak of so actually having intercourse was an impossibility-- but she insisted that this was, in fact, what I needed to stop doing. This was never mentioned in court-- other factors came into play there, and her charging me with that would have been laughed out of court--but it WAS a factor in play all the same. Good thing it's done with, nobody should have to live with that level of crazy.

Reply #45

I have beaten this topic to death in another thread about a year ago. Or was it already at My Opera. Now it's dead.
It's pretty much like New Year's celebrations. While little happens before or after, there's much excitement and firework when the change passes a country. Some countries experience it sooner, others later, but eventually it will pass.

Reply #46
my wife insisted that I loved the cat more than her.

Now, imagine that it was some huge bearded (yet very sensible, of course...) guy accusing you of loving the cat more than him - there you have the wonders of gay marriage...  :faint:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #47
Jimbro started this party by saying a man should be able to marry a goat if he wanted to. OK. I reckon that's almost as perverted as it gets.

I suppose a man can marry a goat, but can a goat marry a man? ;)

Reply #48
If only goats had the freedom they deserve, they might make it work.