Skip to main content
Topic: Today's Bad News (Read 117408 times)

Re: Today's Bad News

Reply #125
It's not today's news. At best it's this year's news. And it was in Taiwan, not Hong Kong.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_NT43aJ_Jw[/video]

Reply #126
I think it is today's news that the crew had turned off the good engine

Reply #127
But as a compensation the yellow car pilot is very good. Even having priority, since he comes from the right, he let the airplane to advance.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #128
Having priority, he should advance, and the airplane should stop and wait.
Rookies... :right:

Reply #129
Wow, that's not something you want to see in front of you.

Reply #130

Reply #131
I've started to learn sailing in the Tagus estuary just ahead of Lisbon's port, from where our caravels departed to discover the world, where I had to cross in front of gigantic carriers and petrol carriers. Since, according to sea laws, any sail boat has priority over motorized boats, after running away from such monster vessels a lot of times, I decided that was time to implant the sea law.

That was an impressive vision, that I can guarantee you.
Until today they don't respect the law. Next time I'll try to force them keeping some rockets aboard. Kaboom!! he he he :lol:
What they do it's pure homicidal behavior.

Only boats at a non governable state have priority over sailing boats. Like that plane.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #132
Took a closer look. Today I learned that a passenger jet has propellers.

So--- it wasn't a jet. It was a turbo-prop.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #133
Bel--- a word to the wise: Your sailboat can turn much faster than a giant freighter can, further the freighter can't stop as fast as you hope he can, further the freighter draws much more water than your sailboat does and so he must stick to the channel. I fancy trying to teach a blue-water man "the rules of the road" concerning sailboats and powerboats will end up with a dead sailor.

It's a little like trying to play "chicken" in your car with a fast train at the grade-crossing. Even if you tie, you lose.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #134
Bel--- a word to the wise: Your sailboat can turn much faster than a giant freighter can, further the freighter can't stop as fast as you hope he can, further the freighter draws much more water than your sailboat does and so he must stick to the channel. I fancy trying to teach a blue-water man "the rules of the road" concerning sailboats and powerboats will end up with a dead sailor.

Don't be always so... "reasonable" mjm. You'll let the best things in life pass by your side.

Risk always and you'll live at the fullest possible way. Until it ends of course but doesn't it ends for all of us? That moment it's already written nothing you do can change it. Useless to protect yourself, unless you ask the Saints for protection, sometimes it's granted. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #135
Don't be always so... "reasonable" mjm. You'll let the best things in life pass by your side.

That's right. Reason will ruin your life, and it will make you a terrible poster in DnD.

Reply #137
I don't like driving to the store for bread, so that's out of the question for me.

Reply #138
I love driving. I'd rather do that than fly most times... I could see me doing some sailing too. :)

Reply #139
I'd rather do that than fly most times... I could see me doing some sailing too. :)

What do you "fly"? I used to fly hang gliders, delta wing as we call it.
And yes, look for sailing, that can change radically your life. Who knows, maybe I see you entering the Tagus after crossing alone the entire Atlantic... :)
Go for it, ensbb3. Never is too late.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #140
What do you "fly"?

Oh, I was meaning on trips. I did take several hours of flight lessons in a Cessna. That was great fun for me. Instructor said I was a natural. No where near enough hours for a licence. Not that I need one for anything. 

Reply #142
Since, according to sea laws, any sail boat has priority over motorized boats, after running away from such monster vessels a lot of times, I decided that was time to implant the sea law.
Has it occurred to you, that most of your recent posts assume a serious denial of reality…? :)
Speed-boats are not in the same class as tankers and freighters… And you are not in the same class as high-school educated logicians, if you think a sailboat is "safe" because "motorboats" should cede them the right-of-way!
Motor-boats should! I agree. But ocean-going vessels of considerable tonnage can't — whether you agree or not. Darwin's Law applies! :) Stupidity has consequences…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #143
Stupidity has consequences…

Indeed... as accepting the law is just for some.
But even worst than a stupid is a stupid and coward that runs aways from the "bigger" ones. Around this part of the world we call them rats.
Has it occurred to you, that most of your recent posts assume a serious denial of reality…?  :)

He he, I like that one... :)
Welcome aboard my friend.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #144
Indeed... as accepting the law is just for some.
Refusing to read the law sensibly (or neglecting to allow for the laws of physics) has serious consequences… Quixote is probably not the best of role models.
进行 ...

Reply #145
Bad news for sure. While looking for info on a place where I worked decades ago, I Google mapped on a place in Alaska which gave me a location in Russia!

Momskiy Natsionalnyy ulus
Sakha (Yakutiya) Republits, Russia

Google, what are you doing?

Reply #147
For the Sancho Panças of this world...
he is? Well, that's not my fault.
It must be a "cultural" thing. :)
进行 ...

Reply #148
A matter of attitude.

Reply #149

For the Sancho Panças of this world...
he is? Well, that's not my fault.
It must be a "cultural" thing. :)

A note on  that.
There's two masterpieces about human behavior, one about the individual dimension, the other about the collective one. Both were written five centuries ago by two giants of the human spirit, people that saw the entire picture, no one can compete with them.

On the first, a tale between those who guides themselves along the entire life by Values, no matter the dangers and difficulties and keeps loyal to an idea of free Man - D. Quixote and those who follows greediness and have no vertebral column living the entire life as the despicable servants they were born - Sancho Pança.

On the second, The Lusíadas by Luís de Camões, the tale of a chosen People. Too much complex for today's "nations" and small people.

What can one say about "cultures" that understands D. Quixote up side down and glorifies the "success" of the scum...
A matter of attitude.