Skip to main content
Topic: Interesting German public opinion poll results? (Read 3087 times)

Interesting German public opinion poll results?

I noted in the press on Monday that in a German people some 80% of those who participated said they felt it was time to have a break from the regular things going on about the holocaust and to move on. Some 48% were also not happy with Israel political standings either.  Don't know what the age inclusion was.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Interesting German public opinion poll results?

Reply #1

I noted in the press on Monday that in a German people some 80% of those who participated said they felt it was time to have a break from the regular things going on about the holocaust and to move on. Some 48% were also not happy with Israel political standings either.  Don't know what the age inclusion was.

In other news, Glasgow remains the violence capitol of Europe.  :yikes:
(No link necessary, per your ramblings in another thread, old chap.  :devil: )

Reply #2
When I want an opinion about the Holocaust, I won't be asking the Germans.

Reply #3

Reply #4
 ???

Reply #5
There are good holocausts and bad holocausts. There's no patience.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6
How odd was that from Colonel rebel? If he cannot comment on the point as it is beyond him than he should give it a miss instead of acting like a petty wee school boy. Hhhm, maybe he has German relations//

It was an odd poll but we do tend to get the European holocaust stuck in front of us all the time. The Yesterday television Channel has had so many series about the 3rd Reich it would bore you to tears as if we didn't know everything.We know it was a terrible time yet at the same time with the estimated deaths at Auschwitz having repeatedly brought down over the years the number of Kurds wiped by the Turks at a million is like that death camp. Cambodia another mass one and there have been others. The USSR even beats the Nazis but we didn't defeat the Soviets and get access to the records. I do not know the number of Jews murdered although many however although I feel sad about that I feel the same about the Kurds, Russians, Cambodians as well.

Reply #7
Channel 19 is becoming a big sigh as they constantly repeat the films about the 3rd Reich and occasionally cobble together the odd new one. I do wish we could have a break from that and the Holocaust.

Reply #8
Maybe you should stop watching your Telly, which -perforce- focuses upon "anniversaries"… ? :)

Or find a channel that finds Scotland's various periods of dependence and independence more interesting?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #9
Shows how much you don't know as they have been doing this for at least the last two years to the point of skipping to save boredom.