Skip to main content
Topic: Scams, etc. (Read 2045 times)

Scams, etc.

There are all sorts of scams that make unprovable and annoying claims that are designed to shake people free from their money. One that I find particularly annoying is Lumosity. It advertises a lot in the US and is active in Germany and England. My guess is that they're all over Europe. Its claim is that it trains your brain.

Here's a piece in The Guardian that raises questions Lumosity.
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/apr/21/brain-training-online-neuroscience-elizabeth-day

Lumosity isn't the only such company.

Thoughts?

Re: Scams, etc.

Reply #1
Another side of that is targeting parents/grandparents with preschool learning sites. Most of the examples I've seen are no more elaborate than any $5 bundle of preschool games you can get anywhere but charge more than that a month.

Reply #2
basically , every scam is self-scam .

they can not scam some people , if they can not tell/suggest  them ,  to  scam their own mind .

Reply #3
You, Sparta, don't get it… (Not for the first time, I might add!): These people basically steal money from people who (often?) can't afford it.
But there's a benefit: If one has the capability of enhancing one's cognitive functioning, then paying to play on-line games for the express purpose of doing so should become ludicrous…
The down-side is, of course, that most of those who pay — do not have that capability.
Luckily, most of them do have the lucre! :)

It is sometimes a dog-eat-dog world.
they can not scam some people , if they can not tell/suggest  them ,  to  scam their own mind

W.C. Fields expressed it differently (using an old New England aphorism): You can't cheat an honest man.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #4
i understand enough what is this about .
as it seen , The governments , etc
allow that people to scam another people .

in other word ,  that smooth-Criminal  is Legal .

just echoing , Stupidity and insanity is genuinely human rights .

thou can not save someone from themself  ,   that want to be  charlatans foods.

#Homo_Homini_lupus

Reply #5
See, your scores in something that's supposed to measure your intelligence are improving, therefore your intelligence is improving ( as opposed to your skill at solving a particular class of logic puzzles ) :left:

Reply #6
I just read this thread and decided not to pay for/play that mind-game stuff. See, I'm smarter already! :lol:
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!