Skip to main content
Topic: Worst ever… (Read 4860 times)

Worst ever…

The category is simple: Worst ever…whatever.

But let's keep it simple. Two options, and a poll — for each.

I'll start with "Worst proconsul ever" —
Paul Bremer or Pontius Pilate? Surely, enough time has passed that we can determine…? :)
————————————————————
BTW: Does anyone know how to create a poll for non-OP posts?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Re: Worst ever…

Reply #3
Nah--- stating a simple fact. Most forums have some sort of polling available for the opening post. I don't know of any--- and certainly not this one-- that allows you to start a poll in a post halfway down an existing thread. Maybe someone can work on that.

Who was the worst barbarian? Attila, or Bodica?
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #4
Attila was the best.
Wait... "worst" in what sense? :left:

Reply #5
Ability to vote individual posts up/down could serve as the function that Oakdale wanted. Except that this would be the worst feature ever. I hate forums where people vote individual posts. It's like sneaky backstabbing.

Reply #6
Who was the worst barbarian? Attila, or Bodica?

Bodica? Do you mean Boudica the Celtic girl? :)
As for Attila it depends. For the superpower of that time (Rome) he was the scourge of God while he was depicted as a noble and generous king by some others.

Reply #9

Ability to vote individual posts up/down could serve as the function that Oakdale wanted. Except that this would be the worst feature ever. I hate forums where people vote individual posts. It's like sneaky backstabbing.

Agreed. Reddit has this so bad that I will NEVER join there. Them folk is brutal!
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #10
Is that one the naked Saxon on the horse?

Than clearly she's the worst. While it might seem sexy at first, naked horse riding is a good way to pick up fleas and other parasites from the animal in bad places :yuck: That's especially true in her day, when folks were hygienically challenged to be begin with.

Reply #11
That's especially true in her day, when folks were hygienically challenged to be begin with.

You know that's a myth? the amount of rules that we know today determining separating men and women at bath, be it by defining different places of the river or by different days, shows that having a bath wasn't uncommon at all during the middle ages.

All that comes from a famous phrase from a famous French medievalist, moyen age - nul bain pendant mille ans.
Middle age - no bath for a thousand years.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #12

That's especially true in her day, when folks were hygienically challenged to be begin with.

You know that's a myth? the amount of rules that we know today determining separating men and women at bath, be it by defining different places of the river or by different days, shows that having a bath wasn't uncommon at all during the middle ages.

All that comes from a famous phrase from a famous French medievalist, moyen age - nul bain pendant mille ans.
Middle age - no bath for a thousand years.

I have heard that the bathing rules of the aristocracy were specifically designed to be at variance from the rules that the common folks lived by. The common folks washed often, to become clean. It was a procedure for a purpose.

For the aristocrats it was a nuisance that they idled through. "Only dirty people wash themselves. I'll just sit here until I feel it's been enough." Nowadays everybody thinks like the aristocrats.