Skip to main content
Topic: Paranormal - normal or para? (Read 23833 times)

Re: Paranormal - normal or para?

Reply #75

I've never seen anything "paranormal" that didn't have some rational explanation if you want to dig for it.

You mean like the Ouija board you told about in post #19? The digging you did to find a rational explanation for it was to get rid of it...

Reply #76

I've never seen anything "paranormal" that didn't have some rational explanation if you want to dig for it.

You mean like the Ouija board you told about in post #19? The digging you did to find a rational explanation for it was to get rid of it...

That sure seemed to be the right thing to do at the time. Stuff I've read and heard since backs up that notion.

Mr Seaton would tell you not to mess with it because the "power" is fraudulent, and not apparently subject to scientific tests. I say not to mess with it because whatever is behind that thing is evil. So, JSeaton and I are on the same page concerning Ouija boards, but for different reasons. Not even that different as it happens: If there IS evil behind it as I suspect, that evil is trying to deceive you--making the advice given by the "magic oracle" fraudulent.

Messing around with witches, Tarot cards, Ouija boards and for all I know hanging garlic on your door to ward off werewolves doesn't make for good 21st Century educated discussion. All that stuff really belongs to back-woods lore at a time when people feared going to the castle on the hill because the vampire-prince that lives there would eat you. But, on a storm-tossed autumn evening, when the shadows lengthen, it makes a great story to scare each other around the camp-fire.

"Hoot"

I just heard a wolf.

(Everybody takes off, running in terror.)

Heh heh. Wolves don't hoot. :D
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #77

That sure seemed to be the right thing to do at the time. Stuff I've read and heard since backs up that notion.

Mr Seaton would tell you not to mess with it because the "power" is fraudulent, and not apparently subject to scientific tests. I say not to mess with it because whatever is behind that thing is evil. So, JSeaton and I are on the same page concerning Ouija boards, but for different reasons. Not even that different as it happens: If there IS evil behind it as I suspect, that evil is trying to deceive you--making the advice given by the "magic oracle" fraudulent.

Messing around with witches, Tarot cards, Ouija boards and for all I know hanging garlic on your door to ward off werewolves doesn't make for good 21st Century educated discussion. All that stuff really belongs to back-woods lore at a time when people feared going to the castle on the hill because the vampire-prince that lives there would eat you. But, on a storm-tossed autumn evening, when the shadows lengthen, it makes a great story to scare each other around the camp-fire.

"Hoot"

I just heard a wolf.

(Everybody takes off, running in terror.)

Heh heh. Wolves don't hoot. :D

Maybe only occasionally.

Reply #78
Anybody remember this guy? Bela Lugosi of the old Dracula movies. I'm old enough to have seen his films.

Lugosi was one of the worst actors to put on makeup and funny costumes. Here's one of the worst movies ever made, and Lugosi is in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5DZhDH8eew 

Reply #79
"power" 

there is no that kind of power , there is only lies .
and the source of that lies is Politicians  .

Definition of Politicians  ---> Lies Producers , since the People Loves to hear lies .

i tell you Sir , some myth in my land .

in Tuesday Kliwon Night , and thursday kliwon  Night    .

All Ghost will Go out .
Everybody Believe that , and most of them don't go out at Tuesday/ thurday night .

but only some that understand and just laugh  .

Tuesday Kliwon night  , is Malam Anggara kasih .
in a nutshell it is the good night to f***k and make children .

so does at  Thursday night .

that Kind of Politics , simply will Solves Peeking issues when People F***k their wives at home .

Reply #80

Anybody remember this guy? Bela Lugosi of the old Dracula movies. I'm old enough to have seen his films.

I'm probably not half as old as you are, but I watch older movies than you. Here's a pioneering film by a well-recognised illusionist.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh86QqNfs3k[/video]

Reply #81
F***k their wives at home

I'm not one to worry over spelling. First time I can recall a word misspelled in asterisks tho.

"For sexing"  or "make love to" (for a woman's acceptable version) could of been asterisk free versions of the same.

Reply #83
An interesting argument I encountered on the interwebz about mind-body connection.

Suppose that the mind is distinct from the body (which it logically must be, and no neuroscientist has proven otherwise). And that we have free will, i.e. the individual mind can move the body-parts and stuff within reach of the body-parts.

If the mind is immaterial (neuroscientists have not shown it to be anything else), then its relationship with the physical body is telekinetic. The mind moves the body-parts by telekinesis.

Normally, the individual mind is tied to a specific body, but if the nature of the relationship between them is telekinesis, then under some circumstances it must be possible for the mind to take on the same relationship with other bodies too. It's just a matter of conretely realising the relationship in oneself and figuring out the circumstances to make it applicable.

Reply #84
Suppose that the mind is distinct from the body (which it logically must be, and no neuroscientist has proven otherwise).

In which case there are minds floating around everywhere in Seance City. Anybody run into one lately?

Reply #86
My inner mind bows to your inner mind. Or whatever...
(It's not working. Damn underdeveloped mind of mine...)

Reply #87
Well jimbro I ran into a Scottish nationalist dishing out general election leaflets and regarded him as paranormal??
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #88
Russians made a lot of experiments about telepathy during under North Pole passages of their submarines when communication it's not possible.
No one knows for sure the results.
A matter of attitude.