Skip to main content
Topic: Atlantis , the lost Continent (Read 3153 times)

Atlantis , the lost Continent

so this Dude Claimed he Found the Atlantis .

it looked good, and convince-full  in english , but if someone say that in My language .
some  will react it is just Cocoklogy Science /  Match-logy .

aka Correlation imply causation fallacy .

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29S1drqGmk[/video]

also is there any chance , if Atlantis is just Utopia .

fictional civilization   created by Plato's Emotional reality , not the Physical reality .

Re: Atlantis , the lost Continent

Reply #1
Would be excellent stuff for April 1st.  :happy:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #3
Forget the video sparta, he's a Brazilian. Brazilians, as Barulheira will tell you, are rather... imaginative.

The idea of old lost civilizations, previous to what we think to be the appearance of modern Man, relies in the fact that technology for discovering archaeological findings being so rudimentary. Satellites can recognize people's face, microphones can listen to conversations inside houses, etc, etc and there's nothing to show stones under a mere layer of earth or water? need to dig it? well, it seems so...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #5

bah.. :rolleyes:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6

Satellites can recognize people's face, microphones can listen to conversations inside houses, etc, etc and there's nothing to show stones under a mere layer of earth or water? need to dig it? well, it seems so...

Ground-penetrating radar (GPR) is a geophysical method that uses radar pulses to image the subsurface. This nondestructive method uses electromagnetic radiation in the microwave band (UHF/VHF frequencies) of the radio spectrum, and detects the reflected signals from subsurface structures. GPR can have applications in a variety of media, including rock, soil, ice, fresh water, pavements and structures. In the right conditions, practitioners can use GPR to detect subsurface objects, changes in material properties, and voids and cracks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-penetrating_radar

Reply #7

there's nothing to show stones under a mere layer of earth or water? well, it seems not...

Oh? :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00h5912

What's the explanation for the lost Malaysian MH370 airplane? Were the satellites looking the other way? Perhaps the satellites look the other way also whenever anyone thinks of Atlantis. All those fancy detection systems, they simply don't want to know about certain things.

Reply #8
Perhaps the satellites look the other way also whenever anyone thinks of Atlantis. All those fancy detection systems, they simply don't want to know about certain things.

That's my opinion too.
Why is that so, that's the question. I don't know the answer but having such a question it's by itself disquieting.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #9
What's the explanation for the lost Malaysian MH370 airplane? Were the satellites looking the other way?

If you want a bite-size summary of what I linked it's that archeologists can find potential sites of interest by staring at pictures for months on end (which is still a lot faster than the alternative, and besides most things that can be found using "classic" methods probably have been found by now). Pictures which are taken by satellites that come by every once in a while. So yes, grosso modo one would expect a satellite to be "looking the other way" from any random event. But even if it didn't, why would you expect it to tell you substantially more than radar?

Reply #10
Somebody would have to know the Malaysian flight was going to disappear and be pointing the camera at the plane when it went down. The odds of that happening are astronomical.

I just got curious (again) and looked up Google Earth's image of the place I live. It sees the house well enough, but at the time the image was taken I must have been away because my van isn't there. Can't miss it, it's big and grey. Google Earth did get the image of the spot where the van has been leaking. An oil spot that can be seen from space.... Right now my van IS parked there, but the Google Earth image is still an old one from a couple of years back.

So-- back to subject;: The Malaysian plane disappears somewhere over the Indian Ocean. How do you know WHERE the plane goes down so you can aim a satellite camera at the right place? It would be like hitting the bullseye in the dark while you're not even sure there's a bullseye to hit. The odds of a satellite camera just happening to catch that--- you stand a better chance winning the lottery.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #11
How do you know WHERE the plane goes down so you can aim a satellite camera at the right place? It would be like hitting the bullseye in the dark while you're not even sure there's a bullseye to hit.

I'm sure experts can take an educated guess based on the radar data. I suppose satellite imagery could answer whether the plane was consciously trying to avoid radar or if it indeed crashed. But if it crashed, it should've crashed in the ballpark of the radar extrapolation and where the underground currents of the ocean carried the wreckage off to would still be a complete mystery.