Skip to main content
Topic: Bad Reporting, etc. (Read 22102 times)

Re: Bad Reporting, etc.

Reply #75
Many lazy spies simply report common newspaper material to their agencies anyway, nothing more.

Exactly, that's the kind of spies Americans hire, no wonder they make such idiotic decisions.
Now, who has the patience to explain to Americans the simple facts of life...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #76
At best, media analysis rises to corporate PR advisory status. But usually it's just boring statistics on keywords in the press. Secret services may find some value in this with a bit extra effort. Many lazy spies simply report common newspaper material to their agencies anyway, nothing more.
I see Belfrager only reads the words he'd use… More like a political operative than anything else, no? :)
Please tell him not to worry: We (probably) have no designs upon Portugal. (But the English do seem to visit an awful lot, don't they? ;) )
———————————————————————
Oh, jax: Conspiracy theory is ever so much more varied!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #77
Please tell him not to worry: We (probably) have no designs upon Portugal. (But the English do seem to visit an awful lot, don't they?  ;)  )

I regret to inform you Oakdale that, surprisingly and very mysteriously, American citizens represents already the third biggest contingent of tourists by nationality that visit us.
Course they are "un american" Americans since they even know where's the Country located, but even so this is not normal.

You would be surprised with the plans your governments have. Get a pair of those "they live" glasses. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #78
Course they are "un american" Americans since they even know where's the Country located
Geography (and civics, and a host of others) had to be curtailed or scapped altogether — to make room for Current Events! :)
(I think it began when they brought televisions into the classrooms…)

Portugal is easy to find: If you're in Spain, start walking west… When you reach the Atlantic Ocean, you've passed through Portugal. :)
(In my neck of the woods -California's Central Valley- there are quite a few Portuguese families that have been here for many generations.)
进行 ...

Reply #79
Wow. Americans that know where a country actually is? They really are the exceptions and not the typical.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #80
We know where Glasgow is — but it's not polite to say with any specificity…
进行 ...

Reply #81
Of course you will bodyswerve as it draws too much in comparisons with what is going on over the pond (just a wee reminder: a million annually losing homes, 40 million poor on stamps, lack of a wide political system, etc)

Reply #82
lack of a wide political system
Ouch! That one really hurts… :)
Does "wide" in your sense mean obese and anemic? (Reminds me of the description of a camel: A horse, designed by a committee.) And -I trust you're aware- that British and American polls show a remarkably similar level of "political ignorance"? (Even agreeing in relevant topics… Curious, no?)

But the topic is Bad Reporting… Since you still have government censorship, you aren't bothered by it! (Bad reporting, that is… The bad stuff is made quietly to go away in the Ministry of Truth! No need for critical reading.
Move along, citizen, nothing to see here… :) )

Of course, there's a certain level of civil disobedience in your nation, so some actual news gets published (or gets air-time, for those who won't or can't read … even on the Beeb!) Your nation has become the epitome of bureaucratic "efficiency," purpose forgot and priorities all too obvious.
But the page four, is it?, pics of boobs (the good kind!) sufficiently distract, no?
进行 ...

Reply #83
And beyond the attempt at what passes for humour is the blindness of your own corner. Journalists in the land of the free and home of the brave (snigger) are regularly spied on and intimidated by your so-called wonderful system. Just think how much all those spy agencies spend internally on controlling people led by that despicable CSA. It becomes all the more weak for you with all the high sounding keech about freedoms, rights and so on. Looking beyond your daftness you certainly help make your nation a laughing stock.

Reply #84
Journalists in the land of the free and home of the brave (snigger) are regularly spied on and intimidated by your so-called wonderful system.
What? :) They're not, in yours?

When fools laugh, they become the joke…to others.
进行 ...

Reply #85
Well explain dear Republican flunky why your country has more spy agencies than any other country in the world and outstandingly in the "free world."

Reply #86
We were slow to follow European examples! But -as you rightly note- we're doing a bang-up job of catching up! Our Homeland Security Office is almost Orwellian…
Is that glee I detect emanating from Glasgow…? :) Gee, your bile must be radioactive, RJ. My Glasgow Geiger Counter is doing a tattoo!

But have you never read anything that Northcote Parkinson wrote? (No, I don't think he's been on the telly…)
进行 ...

Reply #87
When fools laugh, they become the joke…to others.

That riposte didn't work out so well, did it? It might have done better without the "...to others". At least that would evoke something akin to a Harlequin Kid movie, with the master exhorting the novice "Become the joke! Be the joke!".

Reply #89
Jimbro, is it your contention that egalitarianism be enforced — by a leveling of the players? :) It seems so…
But, then, what of your career? (It was teaching AP Lit, wasn't it?)
—————————————————————————
I of course let your use of supercilious go — I own an affection for words that sound alike. In this case I'd claim "super silliest" pretty close to a homophone… Do you want to play with the idea? :)
进行 ...

Reply #91
You really do fancy yourself Oakdale thinking a redneck Republican ex-colonist could make my bile boil. Try and answer why you have so many damn secret agencies costing so much and then take jimbro's advice.

Reply #92
Bad reporting is deliberate. A part of a bigger strategy.
A matter of attitude.