Skip to main content
Topic: What's going on in the DnD Sanctuary? (Read 15937 times)

What's going on in the DnD Sanctuary?

An overview of  thread inquiries:

What's going on geographically?

What's going on by sector?

Some awesome sauces

Best

Good & Bad

Interesting

Worst

Problems, problems, problems

Nonsense & tripe

Stupid & ridiculous

Re: What's going on in the DnD Sanctuary?

Reply #1
Not a lot of "creative juice" here… Not a lot of neologistic mojo, either.

But just the titles are bad. The topics are often good, as are many of the comments. (Of course, as is usual, most comments are insipid or worse.) But they aren't -those good topics, the good comments- pursued: Not by many. That's the nature of the Net…

A magazine without an editor is — what? :) The Dead Letter office.

I remember when MyOpera mods would insist that thread titles needed to be appropriately descriptive (…presumably because their search algorithms were piss-poor facsimiles, hence the titles needed to give all the clues needed…). Well, they gave up.
(Both posters and publishers.)

Perhaps our mods should become editors in the traditional sense: Titles have -for as long as I've known- been the purview of editors…
You've seen what happens when incompetent editors insist upon titles who no one would likely care about. And you've seen what happens when there is no editorial control whatsoever…

There is a middle course.

(Mods: Are you willing to exchange ideas with posters…? Before they initiate new threads?)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2

Oakdale pursuing the "Third Way"?
American elites seems to be a little bit demodé these days... :)

Okay, I agree.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #3

Is it before or after the main course? Or is it the same thing as main course, but smaller and with pretentious assumption that it's something different?

Reply #4
I don't know. Oak, are you really sure you want the mods to be editors? I mean, beyond the obvious trashing of spam and trying to make sure things don't get too personal?
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #5
I've got a feeling if one of y'all start tinkering with his posts he might feel a little different. :devil:

Reply #6
This is probably the right thread to post your favourite DnD First Page, in other words the url you use to access these forums, or the url you have bookmarked, if it's something different than mere thedndsanctuary.eu

Mine is https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;limit=80

Reply #7
I am perhaps not unusual in preferring https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?board=1.0 ? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #8
When I click on "Mark All as Read", do all those damfool spampostings score another "view" in their statistics?

Reply #9
No, that only happens when you actually visit a topic. :)

Reply #10
Thank you. That takes a load off my mind.

Reply #11
Oh non not that damn "awesome" word again?

It used to be that the word was for something really outstanding and now it is used for things that are hardly more than routine. it started in the States and getting worked in here in GB. Even a tv advert (groan). On my railway simulator world it is a regular thing from Americans. It is more frustrating than say being forced to live in Edinburgh.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #12
I have been disappointed to discover that DnD Sanctuary is a bit of a fraud. It is a post-graduate research paper undertaken by some of the moderators. Not all of the posters are real. Many of us, of course, are flesh and blood, but the more colourful characters are entirely manufactured. They serve the same function as does dietary roughage, which provides the necessary bulk to encourage the efficient movement of food through the digestive system, without providing any nourishment themselves. Some of their posts are eerily reminiscent of peristalsis.

Reply #13

Oh non not that damn "awesome" word again?

It used to be that the word was for something really outstanding and now it is used for things that are hardly more than routine. it started in the States and getting worked in here in GB. Even a tv advert (groan). On my railway simulator world it is a regular thing from Americans. It is more frustrating than say being forced to live in Edinburgh.

Brilliant.

How's that for a substitute RJ?   :rolleyes:

Reply #14
Just thinking back to this conversation Southern laddie. Brilliant in theory and sounds an improvement but the emotional way your lot act that word would be spoiled too!

Reply #16
Sad news to report; mjmsport40 died yesterday evening, according to Facebook.

RIP.

Reply #17
My deepest condolences to his family.

Reply #18
Thanks for letting us know Colonel Rebel.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #19
 :(

Reply #20
That's so sad.  :down:

Reply #21

Reply #22
Now that is very sad news and he and I had exchanged chats occasionally.   :(

Reply #23
Undocumented space aliens never dies, they just keep on traveling.
Like all of us.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #24
I have been disappointed to discover that DnD Sanctuary is a bit of a fraud. It is a post-graduate research paper undertaken by some of the moderators. Not all of the posters are real. Many of us, of course, are flesh and blood, but the more colourful characters are entirely manufactured. They serve the same function as does dietary roughage, which provides the necessary bulk to encourage the efficient movement of food through the digestive system, without providing any nourishment themselves. Some of their posts are eerily reminiscent of peristalsis.
I must confess I hadn't realized what was being said in this post until know. Interesting, very interesting.
Glad I'm not a colourful character.
A matter of attitude.