Skip to main content
Topic: The Sun and The Photon .  (Read 4440 times)

The Sun and The Photon .

is there any chance if the sun bends Photons ( that produced by the Sun ) Due to the Sun gravity?

and Bombard the Sun  with Photons .

i cant find the right term for that , if it existed , what is the Scientific term for that ?

Re: The Sun and The Photon .

Reply #1
If you're asking does the sun capture its own photons the answer is no. Gravitational lensing occurs as the effect caused by space-time being warped around an object placed between an observer and source.

what is the Scientific term for that ?

Black Hole?

Reply #2

is there any chance if the sun bends Photons ( that produced by the Sun ) Due to the Sun gravity?

and Bombard the Sun  with Photons .

i cant find the right term for that , if it existed , what is the Scientific term for that ?

Photons from other stars can be deflected by the spacetime curvature created by the Sun.

Reply #3
There's never a Klingon heavy cruiser around when you really need one.

The question sorta sounds like the Sun tried to pick a fight with somebody, the meeting was arranged but the other party didn't show, so could the Sun start the fight without the other person participating.

I suppose it's possible for the Sun's own protons to come back, but-- the Sun's gravity can't be that immense that light can't escape, after all. (A) We can see it and (B) the Sun just doesn't have the mass needed to pull that stunt off.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #4
Well ,

let say ...  i just exposing my ignorance .

The Sun can bend Photons , but the mass is not big enough to Bend Photons in the  wee-hee Curve .

on the other hand , Photons that produced by a Star like a Sun can travel 1 or 2 billion light year .

if a death star is such  a huge Lens , should it be bright and shine due to there are many photons flying arround .
and the Black hole is only the Tip of the Black hole.

or ..

the photons is just simply falls in death star,  hit the  mats and absorbed .

Reply #5
 ??? I'm afraid to ask where the Death Star fits into all of this?

Reply #6
in the Mainstream theory , Black hole is a Dead Star - run out of fuel , with Huge mass .

From Huge mass , comes Huge Gravity .
~Uncle Ben

Reply #7
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #9

wee-hee Curve .

What might this be, though?

The ideal roller coaster has a perfect ratio of wee to hee. By pure coincidence it was found that photons follow the wee-hee curve on the way to their doom at the center of the [shadow=red,left]DEATH STAR[/shadow]. It is thought that without this luring mechanism, photons might still be able to escape the gravitational pull.

In the LHC it was recently discovered that photons speak to each other, saying things like "wee to the hee, baby", "I'm all about that wee" and "my hee don't want wee unless you got wee-hee." The exact meaning of this discovery is as of yet unknown, but a correlation to the wee-hee curve is hypothesized.

Reply #10
Theory, theory.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #12
In the LHC it was recently discovered that photons speak to each other, saying things like "wee to the hee, baby", "I'm all about that wee" and "my hee don't want wee unless you got wee-hee."

I see that We had a bit too much  :cheers: :beer: :wine: on New Year's evening.

Reply #13
i   sometimes think ,   this gravity analogy is awkward .

i mean , we live in earth , and wherever we live the gravity still make us fall to the ground .

it is evidence  if gravity field is as spherical  as this planet .

i can imagine that in 3 dimensional.
but can not draw , nor find proper words to describe that .  :faint:

Reply #14
Like a street map, the information provided is reduced so you can understand it better. You're looking at the effect across one plane that dips into the z axis.

More interesting is, what is space-time that it can be warped?

Reply #16
space-time that it can be warped?

IMHO Space and time in the Physical reality .
not just  Space and time in the Ken reality .

z axis

actually i was thingking , something dips in y axis .
which the Wee-hee Curve started when some object  in Gravity range .

note :  the accuracy is uncalculated

Reply #17
OK. Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

I've been looking up "Wee-hee curve" and so far the results are not promising for anything resembling a gravitational or black-hole effect.

So---- what in tarnation is a "Wee-hee curve"?

Reply #18
Still no luck, but--- looking up curved spacetime stuff, I'm guessing that it's not unlike the "great circle" used in navigation. Light takes the shortest route between two points. If a heavy object-- say, a black hole-- twists the gravity fields around it, then the shortest distance for light to travel will follow the curve rather than try to shoot directly across. Or so the theory goes.

About that "Great Circle" thing: If you want to go from New York to Damascus by air, it won't take long to discover that the shortest apparent route on a map-- a straight line-- is actually longer than a curved route that follows the contour of the globe we live on. So, if you want to get there faster and consume less fuel doing it, you plot a "Great Circle" route between these two points. Of course the problems of answering thousands of questions about why you want to go from New York to Damascus in the present political climate could take awhile, but the actual trip could be figured out relatively easily by great circle navigation. I imagine something of the sort would have to be figured out if you need to navigate around a black hole in your star-hopping adventures in the future.

Reply #19
i thought white hole is just myth.

aside ,  if one fly to Blackhole .
mostly will crashed the Ex-Star .
not go to another Dimension of space and time .

well, i do not  intend to neglect the probability .

who knows in the future someone can figure how to Warp the space and time to travel faster.

Reply #20