Skip to main content
Topic: Merry X-mas  (Read 7807 times)

Re: Merry X-mas

Reply #25

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that I'll be over in your neck of the woods in September, if everything I have planned goes according to said plan. Have to supervise and sample the various wares of Oktoberfest after all.

Getting anywhere near civilization, I mean Berlin? :left:

Nothing will become unstable whilst I am there, rest assured.  :cheers:

If you don't become at least a little bit unstable you're doing it wrong! :beer: :cheers:

Deutschland, Deutschland (und Oktoberfest!) uber alles, uber alles in der welt!

Another nationalistic drinking song turned national anthem ( complete with unfortunate implications ).

Reply #26
Drop me an e-mail sometime if you're going to be in or near Belgium and would like to meet up. That being said, Munich is rather out of the way and in any case I think I'd rather avoid it during the Oktoberfest. Plus who knows whether I'll have any time in October. But if you're going up further north after a few days, like to Frankfurt or the Ruhr district… or heck, to Belgium or the Netherlands. Well, you know how to contact me. ;)

Reply #27

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that I'll be over in your neck of the woods in September

Wish you a pleasant stay and I hope you'll enjoy the time you'll spend here.  :beer:  :beer: :beer:

:cheers:

Reply #28

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that I'll be over in your neck of the woods in September, if everything I have planned goes according to said plan. Have to supervise and sample the various wares of Oktoberfest after all.

Getting anywhere near civilization, I mean Berlin? :left:

Nothing will become unstable whilst I am there, rest assured.  :cheers:

If you don't become at least a little bit unstable you're doing it wrong! :beer: :cheers:

Deutschland, Deutschland (und Oktoberfest!) uber alles, uber alles in der welt!

Another nationalistic drinking song turned national anthem ( complete with unfortunate implications ).

It was used as a pretty movement (theme and variations) in a string quartet. Haydn, I think.
It also appears in a general-purpose Protestant hymn-book. "Glorious things of Thee are spoken". Or suchlike.

Reply #29

Where's the thread about Happy New Year? Is this one?

Had one. That one-day revolution came and went with or without happiness. February 18/19 is the next one, happy X-horse!

Reply #30
@Mac: The places my friends have offered me accommodation at are: Freiburg im Breisgau, Karlsruhe, and Heidelburg. Also possibly Munich, although that hasn't been confirmed yet.

lol, Indeed, I perhaps may be a bit unstable.  :beer:

Yes, well, that song's first two stanza's are the current extent of my known German.  :D

@Frenzie: I will indeed Sir; a musician friend of mine wants me to pop 'round Antwerp while I'm over there. That would be awesome!

@krake: Cheers Sir.  :cheers:

Still haven't heard back from the job I'm supposed to get. God how I loathe waiting on a massive state bureacracy to process it's shite and jump through it's hurdles. (Have the first month's pay held back as well, which is why IRL, I am getting quite anxious.)