Skip to main content
Topic: Merry X-mas  (Read 7806 times)

Merry X-mas

hmm ...

mandom

Re: Merry X-mas

Reply #1
I personally never use the abbreviation for Christmas but share the message!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #2
[move]   MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS    MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS       MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS        MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS      MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS    MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS       MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS        MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS   [/move]

Reply #3
Odd you should highlight the word in red. It can apart from making a kind of point look hypocricical when your irish pals are beyond the ken.

Reply #4

[move]   MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS    MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS       MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS        MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS      MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS    MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS       MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS        MERRY  [glow=black,2,300] CHRIST[/glow]MAS   [/move]

Your reindeer are running back-asswards.

Reply #5
Odd you should highlight the word in red.

Quite so, considering how the church tried for centuries to put down the holiday. Santa comes to bring gifts, just as various solar deities returned to bring gifts of the Earth. Jesus himself is a hodgepodge of various old deities. Who was the son of God, rode into the capital city on a donkey, was reviled by the religious authorities, crucified and rose again on the third day? Dionysus. Jesus's connection to wine is also interesting to note. Much of the rest of him comes from Mithra. What the historical Jesus supposedly preached was some good stuff about non-judgement, etc but Christianity itself forgot those and became more like the "generation of vipers" Jesus warned against.

Reply #6

Reply #7
You're welcome.

Reply #8
Very appropriate krake.  :lol:

Reply #9
Had a very pleasant Saturnalia

No doubt Mr. Howie celebrated the Winter Solstice by having one too many Diet Irn Bru's?

Reply #10
Wo-ho. Don't shove that Winter Solstice or Winterfest  keech under my nose. No Surrender is my traditional Protestant cry and that includes on CHRISTMAS!  :knight:

Reply #12

Anybody can play that game.

Of course dear Jimbro.
While one picture refers to the Nazi regime during WWII more than 70 years ago, the other one refers to the leader of the free world at present time...

Reply #13
Why do I doubt other powers aren't also in so deep?

While you turn so much resentment to the US one has to wonder what your country is doing in the shadows. The ignorant bliss of finger pointing is always a temporary illusion.

Reply #14

While you turn so much resentment to the US one has to wonder what your country is doing in the shadows.

You want a honest answer?
Destabilising the Middle East and creating havoc there is one thing while destabilising my country's backyard is another...

Reply #15

I prefer reasoned discussion to frantic pissing contests. No qualms about participating in either tho.

You look to simplify everything in to the US's fault regardless of who else seems willing to indulge. Irrational and short-sided wasn't my first impression of you.

With a contingent of 5,350 soldiers and policemen, Germany is one of the main contributors of troops to coalition operations in Afghanistan. 

Reply #16
Wasn't the title of this thread "Merry Christmas"?

My word, some people have weird methods of celebrating what is at least supposed to be a joyful holiday.

Happy New Year to you, too--- if you can keep from blaming the US long enough to ring in the new year.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #17
dat iz enuf internet fur today .

Reply #18
Spot on there mjsmsprt40.

Reply #20
That lad has a good chance of winning a competition at that.

Reply #22
Where's the thread about Happy New Year? Is this one?

Happy New Year to you all, that this new year you can do whatever you never had the the possibility of doing.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #24

While you turn so much resentment to the US one has to wonder what your country is doing in the shadows.

Destabilising the Middle East and creating havoc there is one thing while destabilising my country's backyard is another...

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that I'll be over in your neck of the woods in September, if everything I have planned goes according to said plan. Have to supervise and sample the various wares of Oktoberfest after all.

Nothing will become unstable whilst I am there, rest assured.  :cheers:

Deutschland, Deutschland (und Oktoberfest!) uber alles, uber alles in der welt!