Skip to main content
Topic: Attracting new members (Read 59468 times)

Re: Attracting new members

Reply #175
I posted a link to this site on another forum I am a member of. Might be able to attract some new members around here.  :cheers:

Reply #176

I posted a link to this site on another forum I am a member of. Might be able to attract some new members around here.  :cheers:

Why??

I seem to be doing well enough reinventing myself on a regular basis .... who needs new blood?

RJ makes sure I bleed enough (don't get me wrong, occasionally I get my shot to the knutts in too just when he thinks he's got me)  

Good goin' there Johnnyreb!

Reply #177

Good for you - I've done the same, even invited one or two to join in who I thought would be fun members, but so far it's not really worked.

If I look at the threads we have in DnD Central, some have become hackneyed and very difficult to contribute to because they have so much back baggage and history that it's a daunting idea to even get into them. There are some timeless threads such as Good News which don''t need any knowledge of what has gone before to contribute but for many I've found it difficult to get back in after being away over Christmas.

Maybe some more thread titles would help, or even re-inventing some to give them a fresh start.

Edit: I just saw Jax's Thread on repetitive titles on "What's Going On ...". It fits with what I was writing above.

It's good to see that the Otter Browser Ping generates interest - thanks to Emdek for that one in linking us to Otter as its official forum.

By the way - congratulations, Manchester United have at last scored more goals this season as Bournemouth.  Wont last of course.

Reply #178
The titles in that overview were not "repetitive" (well, with one exception).

I don't think existing threads will deter new members, quite the opposite. Lack of activity, or too much of the wrong activity, might.

Reply #179

Good for you - I've done the same, even invited one or two to join in who I thought would be fun members, but so far it's not really worked.

If I look at the threads we have in DnD Central, some have become hackneyed and very difficult to contribute to because they have so much back baggage and history that it's a daunting idea to even get into them. There are some timeless threads such as Good News which don''t need any knowledge of what has gone before to contribute but for many I've found it difficult to get back in after being away over Christmas.

Maybe some more thread titles would help, or even re-inventing some to give them a fresh start.

Edit: I just saw Jax's Thread on repetitive titles on "What's Going On ...". It fits with what I was writing above.

It's good to see that the Otter Browser Ping generates interest - thanks to Emdek for that one in linking us to Otter as its official forum.

By the way - congratulations, Manchester United have at last scored more goals this season as Bournemouth.  Wont last of course.

Yeah, it was my favorite sports forum, and as it is, the new member @Djcrenshaw, took me up on the link. I had hoped others would join too, but then again, it appears to me that many in my region of the deep south are very wary of getting in on an international forum and international opinion. After all, opinions masquerading as facts are much more comforting. ;)

lol, yes, I doubt it lasts either.  :cheers:

@SmileyFaze: :cheers: sir and lol!