Skip to main content
Topic: What are your favorite Symbols? (Read 4055 times)

What are your favorite Symbols?

Post your favorite symbols here.......the ones that you, or anyone else, can use in posts.

Here are a few that I use:

➤ ~ ! @ # ➤ ¢ ► ◄ ➥ % ‰ ★ № ^ ° 个 ➜ ➡ ➨ — « » »» √ ☑ ✖ ✙ ❖ ( ) { } ↘  ↙ ☘ ♒ ♛ ❤ இ ⚓ ⚶ ▷ ◁ ⚫

Re: What are your favorite Symbols?

Reply #1
☂   ☁    ☀   ☃   

Reply #4
ׂ

Reply #5
Most of these can be added to a keyboard layout with a layout editor. Actually all of them probably can. I have set up another two layers on my keyboard to activate with a dead key ( ' ) (Shift - ' ), and logically arranged useful symbols on these layers. This enables me to quickly call up ß while typing by pressing DeadKey-B, the cross † by pressing DeadKey-T, £ by pressing DeadKey-$, copyright – DeadKey-&, registered – DeadKey-Shift-&, etc.

I just use a custom button run on the FireFox Custom Buttons Extension/Add-On.

No complicated keyboard shortcuts to memorize, or keyboard button sequences to press.

Here's a snapshot of the open (selected/clicked) toolbar button:

This simple little example button I just whipped up can handle hundreds more insertable symbols, is totally customizable, & when the container box extends past the browser page bottom it automatically attaches a scroll slider, which makes the visual search available to your very last entry -- no matter how may entries there are.

Adding new symbols into the button is a snap -- as easy & fast as you can copy & paste.

Reply #6
Most of these can be added to a keyboard layout with a layout editor. Actually all of them probably can. I have set up another two layers on my keyboard to activate with a dead key ( ' ) (Shift - ' ), and logically arranged useful symbols on these layers. This enables me to quickly call up ß while typing by pressing DeadKey-B, the cross † by pressing DeadKey-T, £ by pressing DeadKey-$, copyright – DeadKey-&, registered – DeadKey-Shift-&, etc.

I find the compose key really useful. You could set it up for those things too, but I use it more for regular typing of characters like µ (compose key, m, u). I presently use Caps Lock for the purpose, which is otherwise a fairly useless key.

Reply #7
⇉⇊±©®℗℠™§☄☇☈☊☋☎☏★☆◇◆■□⚪⚫▬➲▷◁ღლ♦♧♻♺۞⚖⚢⚯⚶

Reply #9
5:00 on the clock.  (End of the work day)

.....Being a smart arse with that.

On a more serious note, # and @

Symbols

Reply #10
Not favourite - just symbols!;)
On MyOpera, I "tested" some copypaste symbols from http://copypastecharacter.com   And (I was with G.Chrome) had quite a lot of quadrangles instead of symbols.
Now I'm with Opera, and only one guy from there gets quadrangular, namely "⌲" — can you see it? :)

PS: I guess they could just change the set. It's not static, it seems... ???

Reply #12
☘ ☣ ⚓