Skip to main content

Poll

Does it look ok now for you?

Absolutely.
Partially (not all browsers or so).
Some roughnesses...
Mostly ok (minor roughnesses).
Beer!
Topic: Looks and Appearances (Read 18070 times)

Re: Looks and Appearances

Reply #50
I don't like the colors and I'm right.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #51
Something along these lines will probably remain for the time being, but you can always write a user CSS. What kind of colors would you have?

Reply #52
Blue is the easiest to look at on screen, for me. Most of my themes lean toward those shades of blue/teal.

Reply #53
What kind of colors would you have?

As ensbb3 said, blue's nice. What I don't like are the tones being used, specially the header and the page's bottom layer. Also the orange is difficult to match with such blue tones. Being a complementary color doesn't mean to be harmonic.

See? It doesn't work in my opinion.

I would go more along these tones.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #54
The orange looks pretty decent to me. I mean, it's not like I picked it just because some stupid theory claims it's complementary. However, my screen is a cheap LCD and your screen probably isn't calibrated either. :) As far as it goes it actually looks better on my higher quality phone screen.

Anyway, I'd forgotten to add linear-gradient support for older browsers (do you use Opera 11 or something?). You may or may not like it better now.

Reply #55
What Bel referred to looks rather pinkish to me. I don't like it either, but I can go with it.
What I meant (in another thread) is a set of chooseable colour schemes - either preset or customiseable. For example, if I don't like something, I could tinker about it - either choosing another preset or something like "x=1, y=2, z=3" (see how a user can choose his car's colour in this racing game).

Reply #56
Thanks to the changes I made it's easier to create a userstyle now.

Reply #58
No, I mean there's less that needs to be overridden. Userstyles are a browser thing. I've already added one aspect of userstyles as a site preference, but I don't want to slow down processing too much. In any case I don't have the time.

Reply #60
@Frenzie

The new Logo looks great, & the colors are comfortably smooth to the eyes now.

Good Job Fran!!