Skip to main content
Topic: Do you consider yourself free? (Read 27507 times)

Re: Do you consider yourself free?

Reply #50
Our highly respected Scot is adamantly opposed to independence.

Absolutely, he searches dependence. Poor Scotland, it used to be free centuries ago...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #53
No one says "Yes, I'm a proud free man."
That was my point.

I need to look somewhere else.
People have to start joining, if not by physical proximity, than by communication for the creation of a network.
Brothers in arms.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #55
I could do with a little more freedom. I work in an industry that has always been highly regulated, and as each day passes it seem that more regulations-- written by bureaucrats who have never driven a truck and have no idea what it's all about-- get passed down to us. I have a friend in the business who has just sold his truck because the cost of regulation made it not profitable to stay in the business. So-- I could do with a bit more freedom.

At that, I'm on the free-est end of the business. Cargo vans aren't regulated to the extent that the big trucks are, so I do have a measure of freedom that the friend I mentioned never did have.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #56
I am free to do anything I want to do.
The situation is simplified by the fact that I don't realistically want to do things that would be forbidden me.
One day, as I grow feeble and incapable, my driver's licence will be taken from me.
I hope I will then have the wit to see that I shouldn't drive and not regret it too much.

Reply #57
On this occasion I fully agree with Smileyfaze terror supporter. Freedom doesn't come free. It was the money lot that started the Revolution and have run the place ever since and look at the stae it is in for the majority.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #58
Yes, Freedom doesn't come free.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #59

I am free to do anything I want to do.
The situation is simplified by the fact that I don't realistically want to do things that would be forbidden me.
One day, as I grow feeble and incapable, my driver's licence will be taken from me.
I hope I will then have the wit to see that I shouldn't drive and not regret it too much.
Just like Superman!

Reply #60

So [glow=green,2,300]they[/glow] will decide when you must stop driving.

What if you disagree, feel great, see great, have excellent reflexes & hand eye coordination, & haven't has any problems driving.........but[glow=green,2,300] they[/glow] take your license away anyway because at your age you should be feeble & incapable of driving.

How free are you to aggressively  pursue the government (at their expense, not yours) to overturn[glow=green,2,300] their[/glow] decision, & return your license, which you contend was wrongfully taken away.........or do you just rollover, submit quietly to the government like a good ole boy, take it in the waazoo, & prepare for death?

Reply #61
Of course not. How could you suggest such a thing.
I'd put on my tricorn hat and a stern expression, load up my trusty flintlock, and shoot anyone who came within fifty feet.

Reply #62

Of course not. How could you suggest such a thing.
I'd put on my tricorn hat and a stern expression, load up my trusty flintlock, and shoot anyone who came within fifty feet.

Ok, so in short, like an obedient boy sheep bird, you'd sob & take it in the tail.

Reply #63
I don't care if people thinks that SmileyFaze is wrong or not.
Things are much worst than people thinks and only radical positions will grant freedom. This is not a moment for sissies but a moment for real men.
We'll see who is at each side of the barricade. Because the moment of barricades is coming soon.
Open your eyes.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #64

I don't care if people thinks that SmileyFaze is wrong or not.
Things are much worst than people thinks and only radical positions will grant freedom.

Well, I suggest they ask the European Jews of 1939-1944 how they felt they were treated.

Did they stand up against oppression, or lay prostrate to it?

Did they believe in their eventual fate?

History will repeat for those that learn nothing from it.

Denial is a dirty word.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.........JQA

Actively restrict government at every opportunity & turn.  To ignore this obligation will hasten your entry into bondage........SF

Reply #65
Well many Jews did die unfortunately but they are not the only ones who suffered. A 7 figure number died in Cambodia in the Red times. There were drive massacres in the old Turkish Ottoman Empire.In the USSR far more people died including on racial grounds than Jews in the late 1930 and 40 period. In fact the deliberate pogroms by Stalin in one State seen more dying than in the 'Holocaust.'Just under a million German soldiers die in US captivity post WW2. Need we go on? There were others in history but the difference is that with so many Jews involved in places of power including the media and economics they can highlight their corner

Mass deaths for whatever reason are never justifiable and on historical matters the Jewish race has used it's influence to somehow create the mythology that they are top of the list. So when it comes to history Smileyfaze there is always a wider picture than that propagated to us. You are right on that statement.........

Reply #66
Mass deaths for whatever reason are never justifiable and on historical matters the Jewish race has used it's influence to somehow create the mythology that they are top of the list

I imagine that Simon Wiesenthal, the nazi "hunter", most be already hunting you...
Don't worry, you can always ask for my help. :)

I'm a very expensive help, by the way, but effective...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #67
What he would charge you for rj, I'd be thrilled to do for free .... Except for a blowjob,  for that you'll have to deal with expensively effective Bel. 

I'm a very expensive help, by the way, but effective...

Reply #68
Exceedingly generous of you there Belfrager. But (cough, cough) the hunter is as they would say here, "deid." Anyway he was not all he was cracked up to be as my brother traced info about him that showed his own history was not all completely accurate. What I do get tired of is the constant stuff we get about the holocaust as if it was the only one that ever happened. As I said more got snuffed out in the old USSR and there were other historical examples. Trouble is that with many Jewish people in positions of power and the media they get the high ground given to them. They also use WW2 as some sort of modern excuse in the ME to do what they like. Anyway I am not feart of Zionists any more than I am of ex-colonists. Paying excessive fees I would have no probs with as I appreciate that Lisbon still has my great interest - trams.

Reply #69
Except for a blowjob,  for that you'll have to deal with expensively effective Bel. 

Is it? is seems that you are an expert about  blowjobs... probably a family specialization on such area of services.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #70
 :yes:

Looked back at that picture earlier from Smileyfaze of his revolutionary lot. The freedom thing is a load of baloney as from the start it was corporate led and still is.  Americans only think they are free. The corporates noty only control the government but the press and television, etc. The big tv networks have seen a number of journalists leaving because reports or investigations they looked into were cut so as not to offend the corporates who fund the systems. Freedom is an oft used word but it has no comparison with what is enshrined in the constitution. Today the government ignores the law when it suits and uses security and other garbage to infringe people continually.

Reply #71
Americans only think they are free. The corporates noty only control the government but the press and television, etc.
Free from what?
Is rjhowie free, or is he held captive by his anti-US mania?

Reply #72
Quote from: rjhowie on 13 March '14, 04:40:39
noty

You know exactly what he meant Josh so no need to be so pedantic.
Rest of your post removed.

Reply #73
Well jimbro we have an equality what with your anti-Russian/Putin mania. Just because you are comfortable off proves nothing against what I declare. You cannot even find a worthwhile party to vote for. As long as your nation continues to try and rule the world, contradict it's own constitution when the government feels like it, continue to create wars and be the greatest hypocrisy nation on Earth there is plenty to see to! Pedantic suits the man from Michigan as saves doing any exercise except in a chair and computer. If you could have atheist monks he would get in with no problem!  ::)

Reply #74
If you could have atheist monks he would get in with no problem! 

I'd love to be free of religious notions. This was a silly thing to say unless you completely misunderstand atheism.

It's not really a belief there is no god(s). It's more a lack of belief in god(s). That the religious don't or won't understand the difference is a bit droll. Atheism isn't a religion or belief system. There's no limit to what not believing in deities can mean. The term really means nothing overly useful unless you're religious.