Skip to main content
Topic: This is a testing forum (Read 31034 times)

Re: This is a testing forum

Reply #75
Frans, that was not a joke.
The new board just - for several times - showed me 1) the "new" icon, 2) "1 topic, 2 posts"; but hitting that "new" pile of paper, I saw "no new" - for a couple of times; and only having hit the main link there (the title), eventually I saw the topic with the orange "new" thingy with it.
There must be something not very well with that "new replies" mechanism...

Add.: for the second time I notice not having either smilies nor other upper tools in the preview mode.

Reply #76
Ho! ho! ho.

What about establishing a temporary forum section sort of "Testing area"? I'd like the polling thing to get worked with. It'll require starting several 'fake' topics with the polls differing in settings, that sort...
Please welcome to the Testing Board and participate in our polling exercises;)

Reply #77
Part of the problem comes not necessarily from the font itself, although it doesn't help, but from the relative lack of contrast. Checking the contrast tells me that #666 on #f9f9f9 is technically WCAG 2 AA Compliant, but a contrast ratio of 5.45 is not much even with a better font. Changing it to #444 or #333 results in a pretty big improvement. You'd think it's pretty obvious you can't use guidelines aimed at normal fonts with very thin fonts.

Tabulated?

Reply #79
Same bulletin: text or more BB Code   (and here's a tabulation after the closing "tt" too!)
The code:
Code: [Select]
[tt]text or more BB Code[/tt]	
(Ah! it just was my copypaste:fool:)

Tabulation-turbulation;)

Reply #80
...So, guys!
We can't use the "Tab" button to tabulate within the text typed here in the boxes — but we can get our home-made tabulated texts shown through copypasting here from some txt, RTF or something:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H
A      B      C      D      E      F      G      H
A         B         C         D         E         F         G

Reply #81
You might want to use [code] or <pre> for that kind of thing.

one
two

one
      two

Edit: hm, looks like the forum converts it to spaces unless it's in [code]. That makes some kind of sense, but goes against proper PRE imo.

Reply #82
How would I use "code" for that kind of stuff!?   ("tt" is bullshit - in terms of right-now-seeing what you're doing actually.)

Reply #83
How would I use "code" for that kind of stuff!?

Because it preserves whitespace. HTML doesn't preserve whitespace, except apparently the forum does by turning it all into non-breaking spaces. I'm not convinced that's a good thing.

Reply #84
Look:
	Column 1	column 2	column 3	
bullshit 1 bullshit 2 bullshit 3
crap 1 crap 2 crap 3
   Column 1   column 2   column 3   
   bullshit 1   bullshit 2   bullshit 3
   crap 1   crap 2   crap 3
How does it look for you? ???

Reply #87
I said it preserves tabs and spaces the way you type them, not that it makes them into columns. Tables are for columns.

Where did you see that?

The HTML source to this page. Or you can just select the text to see that it's spaces and not tabs.

Reply #88
Stop!..
	Column 1	column 2	column 3	
bullshit 1 bullshit 2 bullshit 3
crap 1 crap 2 crap 3
poops 1 poops 2 poops 3
When "coded", it seems to do columns... ???
...Oh crap... :faint:

Reply #90
   X      O      X   

O      X      O   

X      O      X   
Hm!..

Sorta matrix... Reloaded!;)

Reply #91
To compare:
X      O      X   

O      X      O   

X      O      X   
Yup, the initial tabulation at each line is [was] presented/shown - for me. M?

Embedding a map :D

Reply #92
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.767877,-2.384033&amp;num=1&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=53.089076,-1.172791&amp;spn=0.691381,1.524353&amp;t=m&amp;z=9&amp;iwloc=A&amp;output=embed"></iframe>
<small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.767877,-2.384033&amp;num=1&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=53.089076,-1.172791&amp;spn=0.691381,1.524353&amp;t=m&amp;z=9&amp;iwloc=A&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map[/url]</small>

Reply #93
Allowing iframes would pose a security risk.

WAP access

Reply #96
Hey!
I'm now accessing the forum via my mobile phone. The interface here lacks many options, and my phone is quite dull

Wipe Asses

Reply #98
I decided to check that access because the Jump Quote seemingly demised: ie the WAP interface doesn't have any such stuff anyway - so one won't expext any "differences":rip:

Reply #99
This forum makes more tests than Americans did to put a man in the moon...
Dnd astronaut will never go anywhere... :)
A matter of attitude.