Skip to main content
Topic: This is a testing forum (Read 30904 times)

Re: This is a testing forum

Reply #25
                                                                           Try pressing play on this lil demon.

The best of both worlds..                                                  

Reply #26
The first one is similar to the one I posted, while the second one is just a video file link which comes up as a new tab here, & as a "Save As" Download request.

Reply #27
Ahhh, you're correct my FireFox Quick Time Plugin streams mp3s (1814) in the browser.

With the .mkv video I have the choice to save it, or I can 'Open with' WMP.

I would have to guess I can choose for it to stream via option, but if I remember correctly, a long while ago I ordered it to always ask for this file type.

I could do the same with .mp3s too.

Reply #28
The best of both worlds..                                                  
That's a pretty decent concept actually. It's a shame that it's probably not the most straightforward option.

Reply #29
I made the Image actual Youtube size in my example for no particular reason, but I would probably use a smaller (not too too much smaller) Image of the original Youtube (or video host of origin) Image (50-70%).........the actual intention is not to deceive the reader, but to signify that it is a Video they can watch, & a very limited visual taste as to the content of the Video.

Reply #30
Quote from: j7n
The picture did get my Internet security alarms ringing. The time display at the bottom was surrounded by ClearType Christmas pixels. And since I don't use subpixel fonts, I knew it was not the real player....

BRAVO!!!!
My internal alarm always rings too .... Trust if you will, [glow=red,2,300]but if you're like me....always verify!!![/glow]

Reply #31
I just saw this: DnD Central
Discuss political madness, orchestrate grand religious debates, explore urban development potential, you name it.

Frans' sense of humor and his obvious intellect (…yeah, I'm sucking up! But I've read some of his writings — including code…) don't explain "urban development"…
Is jax on-board? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

testing...

Reply #33
Let's test attaching something...
Gosh!
Attach:
(Clear Attachment)
(more attachments)
Allowed file types: css, js, py, odt, txt, tar.lz
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 192KB, maximum individual size 10KB
O'k, it's not helping at all.. >:( I guess we'd better think about where to put our stuff!:cry: :(

Reply #34
I haven't quite decided whether to turn attachments on or off, but note that 10kB isn't completely worthless. For instance, my Textarea Backup UserJS comes in at over 20kB, but compressed it can be less than 7kB. The main question there is whether it's worthwhile over e.g. PasteBin or Github.

Reply #35
I don't know either guy your mentioned last.
Yes, for text it's not insignificant. Next time somebody if not me will check attaching some txt or odt to see how it looks when done.

By the way, do we do grammar?
Author Topic: Photo Albums  (Read 1 times)

Is there a button to correct such stuff, Frans?:)

Reply #36
I see nothing wrong.

Reply #38
Oh, right. I think displaying the read count up there is kind of silly regardless, so I might remove it completely in the DnD theme.

Reply #39
:P

O'k, let me test the attaching. By the way, I did try it just now. The story is that when one of the files occurred to be oversized, and I had an"error" page, the "back" button dropped me "to the void": I had the thread page that looked as if my attachment attempt had never existed, and my further "back-buttoning" proved the forum "really had thought" so. Perhaps I should've just right away hit my keyboard "back", but -- are we testing the place or what?

Reply #40
I can't confirm that. The message remains intact in Opera/Presto, Chromium, and Firefox. (As an aside, clearly ODT was a mistake. It's way too bloated.)

Reply #41
O'k, they look that way... (No "in-page view"? No? Just asking...)

Well (not exactly), what I was trying to note about the attaching in that failed attempt mentioned, is:

• what about RTF? No way? And - ods? Just asking...

• most of the odts I went through in my files trying to find something to attach here are much more than 10 kB; I mean is that '10kB' just to be a plain text 1 page thing or what? that'll be not at all enough, I guess...

(checked the "list" feature (not numbered))

Besides, while I was typing,
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

What shall I have done? Suppose I wanted to "review"? I didn't find any "review" button. Nor any preview for my currently created post was available! (I always preview my posts.)

Reply #42
Correction: I saw your "meanwhile" submission, ok. I just didn't get it

• the other posts on the preview page are upside-down and

• I didn't thus get what that was about.

Yes, my forum settings implement that I see the posts chronologically not "the newest first". But the preview displayed posts the other way.

Reply #43

I can't confirm that. The message remains intact in Opera/Presto, Chromium, and Firefox. (As an aside, clearly ODT was a mistake. It's way too bloated.)
I use Chrome. And the site with 150% zoom -- and I set that BEFORE you've adjusted the text range from your side.
O'k, we dump odt? And other OO, ok. Now what about RTF? They are obviously plain text and usually not very heavy as well. The thing is I, for one, prefer the format to make my notes and other stuff here offline...

Reply #44
You can use e.g. Dropbox or Wuala as a file sharing service.

Reply #46
Anything.

Reply #47
Quote from: An earlier post by Frenzie
You can use e.g. Dropbox or Wuala as a file sharing service.
Quote from: An earlier post by Josh
What kind of stuff do they share?

I haven't found any file Dropbox wouldn't accept, & accumulative storage space is a generous 2gb--up to 16 gb with referrals (last I checked).....I'm not familiar with Wulala.

A short couple of months ago, Dropbox discontinued 'Public Links' whereas if you uploaded to a special folder called 'Public'.

Dropbox would generate a link upon request---generate a public link for sharing the file,

Like I said, that's been done away with, but I know a manipulative work-around, that enables you to manually create your own sharing link for any file you wish to share.

What they replaced the sharing option PUBLIC feature with is a 'User to User' collaborative synced folder system.

You can set up a 'shared with' folder whereas anything uploaded can be collaboratively shared/synched with other selected Dropbox user(s).

Here's my Dropbox Referral Link....all you need to do is sign up for the free service (there is a paid PRO service too) & when you do we both earn another 500mb of free space to upload to. No obligation, but hell free space is free space...

Reply #49
Wuala is used by Aard Dictionary to host its downloads. It's a lot like Dropbox, but more secure in more ways than just being European. On the downside, usability is lower.