Skip to main content
Topic: bugs (Read 96697 times)

Re: bugs

Reply #51

@Pref, that commit adds context menu which allows to to toggle all toolbars, so it allows to recover (at least when someone knows how to use context menu ;-)).

and also in this view F4 does not work, just informing.

Works fine here, maybe some extra step is required to reproduce that part?

Emdek, ad 1 - yup! Works now fine, sorry, I did not notice. However, RMB with context menu offering turning on Menubar, Tabbar works only on this tiny grey space between Search Field and Bookmarks (I am referring to Bookmarks Manager only), and on that big grey field at the bottom.
Ad 2, F4 - just have noticed, works fine in Bookmarks Manager (when Tabbar and Menubar is off) only for the first time. The next switches do nothing. I have to restart Otter, then again, F4 in Bookmarks Manager works fine only once.
And I do not know if it is OK, but in Sidebar opened there is nothing, empty, just a grey space with a cross to close it.

Also, once you are here :) I have a huge bug (or something) which would be unreasonable to report officially because I do not have any precise data.
Just steps:
1. open LinkedIn profile;
2. click PYMK, People You May Know at the right upper menu.
3. Otter dies, freezes completely, Win 8 reports lack of memory, closes Otter. I even cannot open an error console to provide you with the report.
One clue: opening LinkedIn gives some JS errors in the console, then I click PYMK, and here we are at the point #3.

Reply #53

Ad 2, F4 - just have noticed, works fine in Bookmarks Manager (when Tabbar and Menubar is off) only for the first time. The next switches do nothing. I have to restart Otter, then again, F4 in Bookmarks Manager works fine only once.
And I do not know if it is OK, but in Sidebar opened there is nothing, empty, just a grey space with a cross to close it.

Try about:config CurrentPanel. Enter and save there in turn bookmarks, transfers, and history if it makes any difference.

Naturally I am hoping to get the buttons back. And to have a drop-down list to access the panels. The drop-down list should be placeable anywhere as a menu, like in Opera.

Reply #54
@Pref, F4 might be some kind of focus issue (this would explain why it happens only sometimes).

That crash looks interesting, most likely something to be reported upstream, as long as it is reproducible.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #55
Emdek, that crash is reproducible anytime at least on my PC :) , and this happens only on LinkedIn so far. I do not wander too much through Internet, focusing on work rather.
Also LinkedIn was the reason I left Opera 12, as it was really slow on that portal. If it helps.

Reply #56
@Pref, does it require being logged in?
I'll try to reproduce it under Linux and Windows 7.

Reply #57
Emdek, yes, logged in.

Reply #58
Always crashing when I visit duckduckgo. Please solve this.
And then... something happened.
(the Narrator)

Reply #59
@denes, please post some details, are you using custom User Agent or something like that?

Reply #60

@denes, please post some details, are you using custom User Agent or something like that?

Okay, sorry, I forgot this. That was the problem.
I edited the override.ini file, deleted, the user agent line and problem solved.

Thank you for your suggestion!

But I don't understand why not working with firefox or chrome user agent? It is not important just a question.
(the Narrator)

Reply #61
Emdek, I have just noticed that the latest experimental version, 59, works visibly slower than 58.

Reply #62
@denes, I've started debugging that issue, but so far without useful results...

@Pref, are you using 64 bit build?
You could try to ask bajasoft on IRC if there were any changes in build process, maybe it was built with debug symbols (executable should be bigger in this case)?

Reply #63
Emdek, it just not right. Otter is not compatible with duckduckgo. Or duckduckgo with Otter. After when I click on a search result, doesn't redirects me, shows just a blank page (with default setting). Choosing another user agent is a must. But then crashes. Earlier didn't appeared that problem - worked flawlessly with an user agent which was obligatory. Maybe the ddg team changed the scripts. What is the solution?
(the Narrator)

Reply #64

@Pref, are you using 64 bit build?
You could try to ask bajasoft on IRC if there were any changes in build process, maybe it was built with debug symbols (executable should be bigger in this case)?

Emdek, yes, 64. I will try to ask.

Reply #65
@denes, no idea, works just fine here.
Crash with custom UA when doing search is known to occur under Windows.
Note that Windows XP is no longer first tier platform for Qt, it might be a good idea to upgrade or move to different OS if possible.

Reply #66

@denes, no idea, works just fine here.
Crash with custom UA when doing search is known to occur under Windows.
Note that Windows XP is no longer first tier platform for Qt, it might be a good idea to upgrade or move to different OS if possible.

The problem disappeared spontaneously, whatthehell. But yesterday... notmatter.

I wait for Win10. Will be free - as in beer. Cheers :cheers:
(the Narrator)

Reply #67
If I'm not wrong 7z format of Otter x64 supposed to be portable, isn't it? But Otter creates folder named Otter in /Appdata/local directory in which cache and otter subfolders are created and otter subfolder saves the configuration, history, keyboard shortcuts, toolbar options and adblock files. Is it intentional? or a bug?

BTW I've extracted Otter in a folder on (E:) drive where app launcher and profile is saved.

Reply #68

@fernandel, is there any ETA for Qt 5.4?
Apart QtWebEngine it also has various fixes for QtWebKit.

As I wrote before we don't have any ETA for Qt 5.4 yet. I did update again new qtwebkit but my problem is here still.
I don't know if is any FreeBSD user on this forum but in case that is here, could you check redbubble.com/people/lumiwa for example and "click"  on any picture, please.
Thank you.

Reply #69

If I'm not wrong 7z format of Otter x64 supposed to be portable, isn't it? But Otter creates folder named Otter in /Appdata/local directory in which cache and otter subfolders are created and otter subfolder saves the configuration, history, keyboard shortcuts, toolbar options and adblock files. Is it intentional? or a bug?

BTW I've extracted Otter in a folder on (E:) drive where app launcher and profile is saved.

Yes, it's not portable. But I know the solution for that, I shared here.

Packed in .7z doesn't mean it's portable.  It means that it's packed in smallest possible size to download it faster if you have slow internet connection. Or download in zip if you don't have 7zip installed. Both have the same content.
(the Narrator)

Reply #70
@anikul, yes, it should, it is packed using default settings, using 7-Zip.
So, settings directory is created on the same drive where is binary instead of user directory?
That shouldn't happen.

Reply #71

That shouldn't happen.

That's what I thought :). Otter default settings including adblock lists, cache etc. saved in C:/.../.../Appdata/Local and Otter directory is present where it was extracted on (E:) drive. :(

Reply #72
@anikul

So what's the problem? Did you try my advice?
(the Narrator)

Reply #73
@denes Emdek seems to agree with me. No, I didn't try it out yet.

Window size after restart

Reply #74
Window size after restart is only restored when "Startup behavior: Continue previous session" ist set, the other options result in a tiny window in the middle of the screen, just like described in github issue #691".