Skip to main content
Topic: bugs (Read 96699 times)

Re: bugs

Reply #350
Otter 0.9.11 weekly 138 '' QtWEbKit'' version

Uncontrollable adblockplus ! :(

- - - - - -

P.S. But, custom lists is OKAY. If you use version 138, please check 'Enable custom rules'. :wait:

Reply #351
weekly 138, win x64
no settings are being saved/remembered

verry disapointing where otter is going...
some rudimentary stuff ain't working

Reply #352
v140 win7 x64, youtube lags like hell on html5 video, even on worst 240p
page zoom setting doesn't apply on newly opened tabs, one has to drag slider manually

Reply #353
beta 11
Known issues:
version 2 (UTC 19:30)
no problem about all images. :up:
Proxy :Manual Configration mode is available

ALL OK! :)
 HTTP out! ???
 HTTPS out! ???
 FTP unknown...
 SOCK5 unknown...

Reply #354
Updated Otter
Now I can't find anymore my blocking profile in the 'Content blocking > Profiles' list.
I can't even add.
Help!
EDIT: Sorry for my above hasty comment! I figured it out, now works! Thanks, Emdek, for this great, flexible feature!
And then... something happened.
(the Narrator)

Reply #355
Breaks Otter v149 on many sites

Reply #356
I like using the previous session quite a bit. An annoying bug has now appeared.  Namely, if the web page is enlarged with the zoom in option, the correct zoom level is not remembered for that web page when Otter is executed again using the previous session.  Steps to reproduce:
   1. Load a new web page (say, www.ask.com).
   2. Enlarge the web page quite a bit using the zoom in option under the view menu.
   3. While the view is thus enlarged, exit Otter.
   4. Execute Otter again with the option to reuse the previous session.
   5. Note that the web page is not enlarged like it was in step 3. In fact, the web page appears even larger.
Using weekly 153, 64-bit, Windows 7 or 8. Maybe this bug can be corrected in a few weeks. Thank you for this browser.
Sincerely,
Mathman12

Reply #357
pictures are no longer displayed :monkey:

Reply #358
pictures are no longer displayed :monkey:

1. What OS are you running it on?
2. Are you using the latest weekly?
3. Is EnableImages in about:config set to enable?

Reply #359
Understood => RU AdList<=I blocked the display of images

Reply #360
Understood => RU AdList<=I blocked the display of images

Oh, it might be related to the issue I am having with certain sites not showing properly. Does the page in question only show text? If so, then its the same issue that I am having.

Reply #361
There appears to be a slight problem with the 32-bit version of Beta12 on Windows 7.  Namely, some of the images do not display.  Steps to reproduce:
   1. Load the weather website   --   www.weather.com.
   2. Scoll down to where a lot of images are displayed.  No images appear.
Hope that this problem can be corrected. I would like to use the smaller 32-bit version.  The 64-bit version does not appear to have this problem.
Siincerely,
Mathman12

Reply #362
I have a similar problem on 32bit windows webkit version beta 12 (no xp) here on youtube, where i have no images on the preview thumbnails of the videos; I have tried to disable content-blocking and all user js scripts with no results.
the xp webkit-legacy version works well.

anyway, a  :cheers: for the beta12!

Reply #363
Note that the web page is not enlarged like it was in step 3. In fact, the web page appears even larger.
Indeed, seems to be happening when built against revived QtWebKit, it seems that zoom value is set as base value (setting 100% makes it look like if zoom was set to value from previous session) and then applied again.

About images issue, apparently QtWebKit build for Windows 32 bit has again issues with JPEG rendering. :-/
For now I can only suggest to stick to xp build.

BTW, this topic is a mess, please use one topic per issue (unless they are related).
I'll close it before end of January, please confirm reported issues that weren't fixed yet.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #364
So everything was already fixed? :-D

Closing as promised.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.