Skip to main content
Topic: bugs (Read 96702 times)

Re: bugs

Reply #25
I don't know if is the correct place to complain about my problem.
I have Otter 0.9.04 beta 4
Web browser controlled by the user, not vice-versa.
Web backend: WebKit Backend 538.1.
SSL library version: OpenSSL 1.0.1j-freebsd 15 Oct 2014. I am am FreeBSD 10.1 user.
I use a lot of redbubble.com site and the Otter doesn't open photos correct.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa is my site  and if I click on the whatever photo it shows on the right side a little of photo and all the other part is a black or the black photo is above. If I want to enlarge it then just for a moment shows and again just black. In this case the Otter is not usable for me but I like the browser. With no one other browser I never had a problem.

Thank you.

Reply #26
@fernandel, could you please prepare some short screencast or series of screenshots showing this issue?
Looks like some kind of rendering issue in QtWebKit.
If Qt 5.4 is already available under FreeBSD then you can try this:
https://github.com/Emdek/otter/issues/615
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #27

@fernandel, could you please prepare some short screencast or series of screenshots showing this issue?
Looks like some kind of rendering issue in QtWebKit.
If Qt 5.4 is already available under FreeBSD then you can try this:
https://github.com/Emdek/otter/issues/615

No we don't have 5.4 yet.
I did attached two pictures.

Reply #28
@fernandel, looks like something borked in QtWebKit. :-/
Do you have content blocking enabled? If yes then try to disable it.
Another option is to try to mask as Chrome or Firefox (can be set for this website in Website Preferences).

Reply #29

@fernandel, looks like something borked in QtWebKit. :-/
Do you have content blocking enabled? If yes then try to disable it.
Another option is to try to mask as Chrome or Firefox (can be set for this website in Website Preferences).

In  Otter - Tools - Content Blocking I don't have anything checked. I did also rebuilt a qt5-webkit and didn't change anything.

Reply #30
@exley, this weekly may fix your issue.

@fernandel, is there any ETA for Qt 5.4?
Apart QtWebEngine it also has various fixes for QtWebKit.

Reply #31
I must say I'm getting bigger and bigger smile with each new weekly release !  :up:  :D
love the Otter ! oh and thank you very much for doing it :D (I'll still report here if I find something wrong - hope you don't mind)

Reply #32
@exley, sure, although official bug tracker is best place for bigger stuff, sometimes it's best to ask on IRC channel first. ;-)

Reply #33
Hi,

I understand this is the thread to report the bugs in.

Win 8 64 Pro, 8 GB RAM, Otter in Polish, first 32 then 64.

Absolutely fantastic thing:
I switched to Bookmarks, and then all the menu disappeared, even no possibility to enter it using a mouse (maybe a shortcut?). Reinstalled, same thing, probably settings remember the last "view", as when Otter starts it opens Bookmarks only, no way to switch to Tools, no Menu visible.
[edit] I know where the bug is now.
1. In the Preferences, General, Starting set to "continue the last session" or similar.
2. Open the Bookmarks Manager, no other tab.
3. Menu, Toolbars, turn OFF "show tab bar".
4. You are done. :) Nothing to click on, no menu as it vanished with a tab bar. F4 does not work, also F3.
5. Press F2, enter any website address. Go there. In the right upper corner there is a DuckDuckGo search engine.
6. Scroll down the duck. At the end you have an option "Manage search engines". You are saved. :) As through there you can go to Preferences and change the starting behaviour. Otherwise it will always open Bookmarks view, and you are at the point #4. :)

Also, F4 which I am so used to use in Opera here opens kind of a sidebar but it contains nothing. Just an empty left side bar with a cross to close it.

Also, a tab bar is movable, great, so I moved this immediately to the left, it opened kind of a blueish field, I dropped the tab bar there and, ups! All the tabs were turned 90 degrees, simply vertical position to read. Hard to explain, a screensave would do the job, I will put it later.

However, I must say I admire the work being done, I want to contribute, will find the way. I think Ott is much, much faster than Vivaldi, and already has much more features and options, really closing to my beloved Opera 12.

Reply #34
@Pref, see these tickets:
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/700
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/190

@vas231279, QtWebKit requires codecs to be installed in the system, in case of 32 bit build on 64 bit Windows it requires 32 bit codecs.
We are investigating if bundling them would be feasible.

Reply #35
@Emdek, thank you, maybe it would be helpful for people if such a thread "Bug reports" with the link to Github was at the top of this board.

Reply #36
@Pref, maybe it would help a bit.

Reply #37
Clear Cookies on close has no effect, cookies are still all there after restart, right?

Reply #39

@Pref, see these tickets:
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/700

Emdek, just FYI, this still happens in weekly 58, x64 Win 8. That is:
1. switch to Manage Bookmarks;
2. turn off Tabbar;
3. turn off Menubar;
4. done, without knowing the shortcut a newbie cannot find the way, and this is rather not the usual way;
5. and also in this view F4 does not work, just informing.

Maybe one of the solutions would be splitting off Menu and Tabbar. And placing this drop-downed Menu like in the new Opera or Vivaldi, in the very upper left corner, always available when Menubar is turned off.

Reply #40
@Pref

The solution is in about:config ShowMenuBar. No sticky button needed. Unconfigurable buttons are evil!

Reply #41
@ersi
In the situation described above, without knowing a shorcut, you have no chance to use about:config. No place to write it. In the Bookmark Manager there is only field Search.

Reply #42
There should be some way to recover, but I would like to add that Opera's insistence on not letting me disable both tab and menubar is one of my gravest annoyances with the program post-10.50.

Reply #43

@ersi
In the situation described above, without knowing a shorcut, you have no chance to use about:config. No place to write it. In the Bookmark Manager there is only field Search.
In the situation described above, thou shalt type about:config in the address field and press enter. This should work.

If you have disabled the address field too and you forgot the keybind to invoke the secondary address field (F2 by default) then, yes, Houston we have a problem. But this scenario is highly unlikely even for extreme noob-cases.

Reply #44
@Pref, that commit adds context menu which allows to to toggle all toolbars, so it allows to recover (at least when someone knows how to use context menu ;-)).

and also in this view F4 does not work, just informing.

Works fine here, maybe some extra step is required to reproduce that part?

Reply #45
Now a function to whitelist specific cookies (like those from mail and weather locations) would be great

Reply #46

Now a function to whitelist specific cookies (like those from mail and weather locations) would be great

This is supposed to be taken care of by site-specific options. It permits cookies based on domain rather than based on individual cookies, but this was the plan, if I am not mistaken.

Reply #47
this forum is either bugged or I don't have priviledges to send PM's to Emdek...
in any case Emdek if you recieved my PM please confirm it as I don't see report under "sent messages"

Reply #48
@rincewind, @ersi, it might be doable already, although proper support for this feature will require turning Browser/EnableCookies into something like was done for Network/ThirdPartyCookiesPolicy.
Then global value could be set to ignore and enabled separately for each website using Website Preferences (or manually, in override.ini).
See:
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/463

@exley, yep, it's odd that it doesn't list sent messages.

Reply #49

@exley, yep, it's odd that it doesn't list sent messages.

It does if you remember to specifically checkmark it before sending. It is not saved by default, and there's no sticky option.