Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestion: --tempprofile (Read 1969 times)

Suggestion: --tempprofile

Otter has a --privatesession option which misbehaves. I think a better idea would be a --tempprofile option which would create a whole new profile at startup, load the default settings, and delete the profile at program quit.

DWB browser has this option. It's very good for testing some specific features of the browser with new profile and also when allowing someone else to browse around the web for a little while in your browser.

Btw, the new click-to-load feature for plugins, implemented in weekly47, seems to work fine :)

Re: Suggestion: --tempprofile

Reply #2

Code: [Select]

otter-browser --profile /tmp/testprofile/config
rm -r /tmp/testprofile/

?
I am actually doing something like this, and it's getting kind of tiring. DWB has it inbuilt. My request is a matter of convenience, like everything is, really. I could browse the web with Netscape 4 or Mosaic 1, but it's more convenient with modern browsers...

Re: Suggestion: --tempprofile

Reply #3
@ersi, I'll think about that while I'll be fixing that issue.
I was considering that earlier, we could try to modify it so it won't even try to write anything to disk, that seems to be better than deleting directory when quitting (which can fail in case of crash or system reset).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.