Skip to main content

Poll

Do you consider Islam a 'Religion of Peace'?

Yes
No
Not Sure -- Let me ponder while enjoying a few dozen ice cold beers & some pork sausage off the barbi!
Topic: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace? (Read 87836 times)

Re: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace?

Reply #350
The mote is what he was trying to remove from our eyes. Blasted rafter keeps interfering though.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #351

Boko Haram, the extremist Islamic group that wants to enforce Sharia Law across Nigeria, has inflicted mass casualties in northeast Nigeria. Some reports put the number of fatalities as high as 2,000.

Amnesty International, communicating with experts on the ground in Nigeria, has said the assault on the town of Baga could be the deadliest attack by Boko Haram since the extremist group surfaced in 2009.

“The attack on Baga and surrounding towns looks as if it could be Boko Haram’s deadliest act in a catalogue of increasingly heinous attacks carried out by the group,” said Daniel Eyre, Nigeria researcher for Amnesty International.

Amnesty International has quoted some sources that say the town has been razed, with as many as 2,000 people killed. If true, that would mark a “disturbing and bloody escalation of Boko Haram’s ongoing onslaught against the civilian population,” Eyre added.,,,,,,continued

Some religion of peace ........ men, women, children, elderly slaughtered all in the name of Allah, following the example of a bogus prophet.

Reply #352
All prophets are bogus unless they get one occasionally by luck.

Somebody here prophesy the outcome tomorrow's BCS bowl. There are only two probable outcomes, OSU or Oregon, unless mjmsprt40's watermelon catastrophe happens.

The winner will get a one month cruise on SmileyFaze's yacht, hotties included.

Reply #353

.........The winner will get a one month cruise on SmileyFaze's yacht, hotties included.

Welcome aboard, but it will only be for 2 weeks.
I never spend that much time at sea, & only rent the yacht for 14 days max.

Reply #355
Sad then jimbro what with your luck running out?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #357
1. Muddled. 2. Trueish. 3. False.

Reply #358
A typical would be liberal mindset and thus blind answer from you jax.  :down:

Reply #360
Considering I have none anywhere near me I do hope my immediate neighbourhood stays the same. All god Prots and one pleasant elderly RC woman. Happy with that! And don't you laugh boy when you consider how many Muslims there were and how they have multiplied you have seen nothing yet. In fact I wll add this. Your political system is already being effected by Hispanics and company isn't it? The imports will THIS century be the majority in the US and when the Muslims keep multiplying as they do Europe will no longer be a distant look but your own doors.

If a nation wishes to maintain it's hegemony and traditions it needs something like 2.4 children. That no longer exists in Europe nor in Great Britain but when you look at the Muslim birthrate it is whopping and growing at some speed. a number of European countries will have at least half and more citizens who are from Islam and will happen in the US too this century. When they get to over the 50% I tell you that all hell will eventually break out and it will not just be placards and shouting and odd throwing things it will be more violent. The proportion of extremists will grow in proportion to the general Islam increase fuelling the fire.

Reply #362
Yes noticed that in a newspaper item and kind of says it all.

Reply #363
a religion of disgusting animals.

That remembers me something...
Saxons? Protestants? Atheists? American Bible Belt?  Reformed English teachers?

Oh, sorry... course not, it has to be those that put the above shaking with fear... those are the animals, never the above ones.

How interesting how protestants and atheists reacts when foreseeing being beheaded. Cowards.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #364

Religion of peace? Of course for some that's true, but for the outsider renegades a religion of disgusting animals.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/world/66728558/With-sledgehammer-Islamic-State-smashes-Iraqi-history

Islam is five hundred years behind the West, but this destruction is not even part of a Reformation. It is ignorance, inferiority, envy, and barbarism.
Come to think of it, so was the destruction that accompanied the Western Reformation.

Reply #365
Islam is five hundred years behind the West, but this destruction is not even part of a Reformation. It is ignorance, inferiority, envy, and barbarism.
Come to think of it, so was the destruction that accompanied the Western Reformation.

You see well. Six hundred years behind, that makes them equal to someone of the fourteen century but with cellphones, toyota vans, explosives and youtube. A lethal combination.
Glad they are not and do not represent Islam.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #366
Might be behind the West but little sign of positive progress and don't discuss democracy too much with them.

Re: ISLAM -- The Ideology of Peace?

Reply #367

Barack Hussein Obama (عليه السلام) says that Terrorism is not an Existential Threat to Peace or Mankind.

Believe that & you've been smokin' the same drugs Barack does did!  

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLgOH-cS8SU#[/VIDEO]

Reply #368
How in your mind do you come to the conclusion that terrorism could be an "Existential Threat to Peace or Mankind"?

Terrorism can be an annoyance, sure, a problem as well, and a menace in the worst afflicted areas. In those areas terrorism and other destabilisation could put society over the brink. But for "Mankind" terrorism is unlikely to make the top 100 list of existential threats.

Reply #369
No, the IS isn't a real threat, neither for mankind nor for the world.
Some lunatics on Toyota pick-up trucks armed with mashine guns conquering the world?
Wonder how many idiots see this as a feasible scenario?

The real threat comes from the state that wages wars in breach of international law, destabilizing entire regions to push its geo-strategic agenda.
Iraq, Libya and meddling in Syria lately. It's called "reshaping the Middle East" aka get rid of governments that don't obey the Hegemon.
The IS is only the ugly face of power vacuum as a result of such interventions.
'Everlasting' new military bases in the region build up by the Hegemon will 'solve' the problem and serve the geo-strategic agenda.

Reply #370
The IS is only the ugly face of power vacuum as a result of such interventions.

I partially agree.
They're indeed a result of such interventions, but they exist because such interventions wants them to exist with the characteristics they have. In other words they're not the result of power vacuum but a deliberate result. They are what someone wants them to be.

Half of them have to be informants for at least a dozen secret services and that includes probably their leaders.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #371
i live in the country  where the  Muslim   is the majority .
also the most biggest numbers in the world .

and it have some  unique patterns .

--Abrahamic Stream will Double Quadrat ( 22)  Insanity .
--Lunaticians  aint stop until the People Follow their Way( By force if needed)  , even their way is Scientifically proven Wrong .

on the other hand , i think... in any land 

Topics about religion is undead  .

Reply #372
??

Reply #374
TIME magazine has two opinion pieces, one arguing that the West  (the U.S.) should send in ground troops and one arguing against it.
It would be much simpler just to poison the wells.