Skip to main content

Poll

Do you consider Islam a 'Religion of Peace'?

Yes
No
Not Sure -- Let me ponder while enjoying a few dozen ice cold beers & some pork sausage off the barbi!
Topic: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace? (Read 87253 times)

ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace?

What are Islam's true political & religious teachings according to Koran & other teachings of Mohammad? 

Is Islam truly a Religion of Peace, or are it's teachings a threat to all Non-Islamist peoples of the world - Infidels or Kafirs.

Who do Islamists consider Infidel or Kafir?

Could they be described as:

⚫ Atheists – do not believe that god exists.
    ⚫ Deists – believe that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of a "Creator".
    ⚫ Agnostics – have no claim or knowledge of whether or not a god exists, & do not care one way or the other.
    ⚫ Skeptics – question religious authority, & are skeptical of all religious beliefs &/or practices that are unverified or unproven.
    ⚫ Non-Believers -  Any person who rejects 'God in Islam', or who hides, denies, or covers the 'Islamic version of Truth.'

So, do you consider Islam a Religion of Peace, or do you consider otherwise?

Why?

Disclaimer: This thread may or may not be seen as to have been influenced by this thread here (which may or may not be available).
This thread should be considered a new work, judged on it's own merit, & any similarities in subject matter to that linked thread should be considered purely coincidental.

Re: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace?

Reply #1
That reminds me of this report. You'll note that atheists can be put to death simply for being an atheist in 12 Islamic countries.

Reply #3
Yup.

Reply #4
I'm damned in at least 3 categories. :I miss the scared emoticon here:

Reply #5
Feel free to use it. It might start working in the future. :P

Reply #6
No problem at all with Islam, a so peaceful religion as any other.

Is has some advantages over Christianism, mainly at cohesion social aspects and charity. Besides, are the only ones to really understand what luxury is about.

It has however the same problems of Protestantism, literal interpretations of sacred books mixed with absence of centralized, hierarchical organization and authority leading to that anyone can appear speaking and acting in the "name of Allah".
A matter of attitude.

Reply #7
I am glad I am not apart of that religion or a muslim. I enjoy being different.  I wonder if I would feel the same if I had grew up in that culture?

Reply #8

I am glad I am not apart of that religion or a muslim. I enjoy being different.  I wonder if I would feel the same if I had grew up in that culture?

Which one? It's not like there's a single muslim culture or that they're all Taliban.

Reply #9
Quote from: An earlier post by Barulheira
I'm damned in at least 3 categories. :I miss the scared emoticon here:

This one???

Reply #10
"Abolition of blasphemy is what the EU Guidelines on Freedom of Religion or Belief are pushing for, it's what the UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief wants: a global repeal of blasphemy to protect everyone's right to convert."
But they can't say so. Too many immigrates… (Is it just my English-only sensibility that hears "in-grates"?) "If these six countries can't do it (Iceland, Denmark, New Zealand, Poland, Germany and Greece) what hope is there for countries that punish insults to religion with death?"

They don't believe in hope. We shouldn't, either.

We should take to heart the ancient maxim: Might makes right!

(If there was ever a short-list of countries that would be expected to evidence the results of the Enlightenment, wouldn't those be included? :)) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #11
An interesting thing in Islam, it considers Jesus Christ, Son of Maria, an Holy man, a Wise man, with many teachings that are worthy of listen and follow.
They just don't consider him a prophet, someone that God has given a mission to - that one and only one would be Mohamed. To them, someone to call himself "Son of God" is too much, let's say... ambitious...

A very practical religion, Islam, much more than Christianism. Wash your hands, don't eat this, don't eat that, all of that were what we can call proper public health measures at the time, to prevent epidemics. So religion and practical life are much more connected amongst them.

It's really interesting to speak with any cult Muslim person and compare both religions.
In preference, somewhere where they can enjoy a whiskey, they will be glad to offer you one as the excellent hosts they are.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #12
A very practical religion, Islam, much more than Christianism. Wash your hands, don't eat this, don't eat that, all of that were what we can call proper public health measures at the time, to prevent epidemics. So religion and practical life are much more connected amongst them.

It's really interesting to speak with any cult Muslim person and compare both religions. In preference, somewhere where they can enjoy a whiskey, they will be glad to offer you one as the excellent hosts they are.
Appropriate description, I must say. People everywhere are usually just people, not some murderous maniacs.

I have also had the opportunity to enjoy the hospitality of Muslims. It seems to be culturally required, but it's also remarkably impeccable. Both Islam and Judaism are very practical religions in terms of hygiene and such. But Islamic civilisation is superior on the outside. Both Judaism and Islam originated among obscure desert peoples, but Jews remained an obscure desert people until Christians made them prominent. In contrast, Muslims made themselves a world power all by themselves.

As to religion of peace, I don't know of any grand civilisation that would be peaceful. Just like the "love" is a slogan in Christianity that can mean anything, so is it with "peace" in Islam. Jews and Christians taught this to Muslims. Not that Muslims are blameless now, it's just that all cultures share this feature and tend to mutually reject and annihilate each other based on this.

Still, as regular people, I have found it easy to get along with Muslims.

Reply #13
Which one? It's not like there's a single muslim culture or that they're all Taliban.

Agreed. Painting the entire Muslim world with one broad brush is a mistake. Not every Muslim is a Taliban killer, just as not every Christian genuflects before Pope Francis.

Reply #14
[glow=black,2,300]Sochi terror fears grow as new Islamic militant video threatens to strike tourists at Olympics[/glow]

[glow=black,2,300]Islamic Terror on the march in Russia?[/glow]

Quote from:  The National Post 
An Islamic militant group in Russia’s North Caucasus claimed responsibility Sunday for twin suicide bombings in the southern city of Volgograd last month and posted a video threatening to strike the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.

There had been no previous claim of responsibility for the bombings, which killed 34 people and heightened security fears before next month’s Winter Games.

In the video, two Russian-speaking men warned President Vladimir Putin that “If you hold these Olympics, we will give you a present for the innocent Muslim blood being spilled all around the world: In Afghanistan, in Somalia, in Syria.”

They added that “for the tourists who come, there will be a present, too.”....................continued
SOURCE ARTICLE

[glow=black,2,300]Video[/glow] -- Click on the beard to watch.

What do you think of this newest installment from the[glow=black,2,300] "Religion of Peace"[/glow]?  Makes ya wanna go right out there & hug a Mujahadeen.

Reply #15
What do you think of the latest from the "Religion of Peace"?

Just a few miscreants out of millions of peaceful adherents.

At any rate, nothing to worry about since Herr Putin says that everybody will be safe. ::)

Reply #16
Ban beards at the Olympics!

Reply #17

What do you think of the latest from the "Religion of Peace"?

Just a few miscreants out of millions of peaceful adherents........

Well, until those so called millions of peaceful adherents, as you casually label them, call for the same punishments that are prescribed for Apostatizing from Islam under Islamic Law.

I think we should all hold those so called millions of peaceful adherents accountable for the deeds of, as you so cavalierly call them, the few miscreants (the murderous Terrorists), rather than giving them a politically correct type free pass.

By the inaction of these so called millions of peaceful adherents, they signify their concordancy.

Reply #18

At any rate, nothing to worry about since Herr Putin says that everybody will be safe. ::)

After safeguarding Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria ..., Emperor Obama is sending warships into the Black Sea to make sure nothing can go wrong in the region.

Reply #19
Speaking of Putin....that's one of my daughters overlooking him.

Reply #20
Is this one of your daughters you are speaking about?

Reply #21
I don't know if I want to see that link, but in any case it doesn't work. :P

Reply #22
It works for me at least  :P
Checked with Opera Presto and Firefox  :)

Reply #23
NFG here too......a Yahoo Sign-in is required....skrew that.

Reply #24
I signed in and it still doesn't work. Probably because it's not an attachment to an e-mail in my inbox.