Skip to main content
Topic: Storing profile, bookmarks etc (Read 2161 times)

Storing profile, bookmarks etc

Is it possible to change the location of the profile, bookmarks etc?

The reason is that I regularly restore a baseline image to my machine and everytime I do so all the settings are lost.

I am using the syntax <"G:\Program Files (x86)\Otter Browser\otter-browser.exe" --profile "F:\Otter\Otter"> to load Otter which works in as much as Otter loads but not seem to be saving what I need.

Re: Storing profile, bookmarks etc

Reply #1
It seems to work for me with --profile /tmp. That means it could be fixed by now, a Windows-only problem, or perhaps an issue with permissions? Also, while I'm not sure how to escape spaces in directories in Window from the top of my head, you shouldn't need quotation marks around a path like F:\Otter\Otter.

Reply #2
Thanks

That seems to work but now when I open it, it adds two blank tabs, also setting the default zoom is not working

Reply #3
I am a bit confused over this. If replace the quotation marks then it does not load the blank tabs and restores a different profile.

Also I can import the bookmarks from Opera without problem but they are gone when I shut down and reload.

I am using 0.9.03 weekly 37

Reply #4
Just to be perfectly clear, you do need quotation marks around "G:\Program Files (x86)\Otter Browser\otter-browser.exe", although without I guess the program wouldn't even run, so there's that… Very weird.  ???