Skip to main content
Topic: The Time  (Read 7517 times)

The Time

In the theory of relativity, if one can travel faster than light, one can also travel back in time.

then How to travel to the Future time  ?

Silent Slower than the Speed of Dark ?

or something ?

anyone have ideas about this ?

Re: The Time

Reply #2

In the theory of relativity, if one can travel faster than light, one can also travel back in time.

or something ?

Google does.  :D

Reply #3
Don't listen to them Sparta, forget google.
Concentrate yourself at Dylan, the times they're a-changin'...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #4
Within Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, the passing of time is relative to an object's speed - hence the theory of being able to travel into the past. But traveling into the future doesn't seem possible because those events haven't happened yet and there an infinite number of variables that determine exactly how the future will play out.

Reply #5
Everybody travels into the future. Slowly, one day after the other and yet no one ever leaves the present.
The problem is conceptual and can't be solved by any physician.

Anyway, I firmly believe that time is accelerating. We can't notice it regarding all other things because everything it's under time's influence so there's not any relative difference but our "inner clock" keeps sending the message - it's not possible, already monday??
Time used to be slower than today, I have no doubts about it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6
i am the people of the future

since i live 9-16 hour  in the future , than  the observer that  live in Europes or mericans .

or time in earth is faster or slower than The time in 0,9 m/s2 gravity  space , Moon , Mars    , the  Sun , Blackhole , etc

but not that  the point .  :rolleyes:

if somehow Human can really create some Craft that can run faster than speed of light ..
So considered  on relativity-theory , those people will travel to the past ..
let say they go  to the Year 1930  ...

that will be a one way ticket journey ..

since they can not back to the time they belong ...
except they also can travel to the Future i/e back to the year  15.000

btw , beside there is acceleration , there is also deceleration .
How exactly  in Physics to express deceleration   after the Present times ?

in example  , a car that Run 200kmph braking and decelerate to 0 kmph in   299 792 458 m / s

if those car somehow keep  decelerate   faster than  299 792 458 m / s  after stopped
so generally speaking , that car will go to the Future .

but is that even possible to decelerate faster than  299 792 458 m / s ??  :spock:

Reply #7
i am the people of the future

since i live 9-16 hour  in the future , than  the observer that  live in Europes or mericans .

I'm afraid I have to destroy your illusions, you're not a man of the future, you just get out of bed earlier than we do. :)
We are lazy people compared with you, very specially those in California.

I once thought to write a letter to the people of the future.
You, people of the future, I'm writing you this letter so you don't keep on saying that our wcs are clearly a place of worship to our divinities. Are you stupid or what??
From the past, with love
Belfrager
A matter of attitude.

Reply #8
physician

That, sir, is someone who practices medicine.

if somehow Human can really create some Craft that can run faster than speed of light ..
So considered  on relativity-theory , those people will travel to the past ..

And that, sir, ain't how it works. 

You'd still be going to the future. Time passes more slowly for you at speed so the longer you travel at or around light speed the farther into the future you'd go relative to the time frame you accelerated from. It would seem to take you less time to get to their future is all.

Reply #10
Quote from: ensbb3

Time passes more slowly for you at speed so the longer you travel at or around light speed the farther into the future you'd go relative to the time frame you accelerated from. It would seem to take you less time to get to their future is all.

wait ,
What ?

is Mr. stephen hawking deluded ?

is that  just troll-science ?

or he mean travel to back in time is   time  stopped in the speed of light .

let say their time is freezed , and left behind than our time .

and in the speed faster than 299 792 458 m / s  , in example , 799 792 458 m / s

theorically the time  is just stopped .

not run backward .

Reply #11
That's just math. Let's see.
Travelling near the speed of light, time passes slowlier to you than outwards. So, you are going farther into the future than it would seem.
Travelling at exactly the speed of light, you would be going instantly into any point into the future, including infinity. You would be omnipresent (as you can be anywhere anytime) and immortal.
Travelling beyond the speed of light, you would come into the present from negative infinity, that is, you would be sometime in the past - and approaching.
That's just theory.
It is not possible practically, because of relativistic mass (inertia) that increases brutally as speed increases near the speed of light.

Reply #12
s Mr. stephen hawking deluded ?

is that  just troll-science ?

If anything he's making a rhetorical point to the contrary.

According to the theory of relativity, nothing can travel faster than light. So the round trip to the nearest star would take at least 8 years, and to the centre of the galaxy, about a hundred thousand years. In science fiction, they overcome this difficulty, by space warps, or travel through extra dimensions. But I don't think these will ever be possible, no matter how intelligent life becomes. In the theory of relativity, if one can travel faster than light, one can also travel back in time. This would lead to problems with people going back, and changing the past.

Reply #13
Travelling at exactly the speed of light, you would be going instantly into any point into the future, including infinity. You would be omnipresent (as you can be anywhere anytime) and immortal.

? speed of light is not instantaneous not even close, that's why you measure the universe in year-light. Something twenty two years-light away means that the light from it took twenty two years to arrive to us travelling at exactly the speed of light.
Omnipresent? immortal?? cool down Barulheira... :)

The reason you can't travel at the speed of light it's because you'll transform yourself into pure energy, no physical reality anymore. That comes from the equations.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #14

or something ?

Wait; it will soon happen.

Reply #17
I find the philosophical, as well as the artistic approach of Time much more interesting than the supposedly scientific.
Even the poetic approach it's better.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #18
A mixed approach, both theological and economic: :)

By the tenth century, with the beginning of monetization, that would gradually substitute an economy of exchanging goods for the circulation of currency, people start to charge interests when lending money.
That raised the problem if it was a legal thing to do and the erudite people of the time studied the matter and reached a definitive conclusion - totally illegal, in effect even heretic.

The argument was simple, Time belongs to God so no human being could ever sell it by way of charging interests based on time.
To the argument that it was a different mater because both parts agreeing on doing it, the answer was that since Time affects everything in the Creation, even the stones would complain if they could...

Since everyone was doing it, including the erudite ones, the way of solving it was simple. No one ever said nothing about for an entire century and, later, theologians decided better to think about other things. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #19
Probably this is just my sceptical mind ...  :monkey:

But , there is no evidence if time run slower in higher Speed .

there is only evidence , if Clock run slower in higher speed .

mathemathically , Correlation does not imply causation .

Just because The Clock run Slower , is that mean the Time also Run Slower ?

Reply #20

Omnipresent? immortal?? cool down Barulheira... :)

You are right. I exaggerated things a bit. From the universe's perspective, going from one place to another would take some time; from your perspective, at the speed of light, it would take no time at all.
Immortality: yes. Since time doesn't pass at all, you would never die. :sherlock: (But there are obviously many other weirdnesses and contradictions at such a hypothetical situation.)

@Sparta: You are right. The clock is not the same as the time. But, since time is measured with clocks, and since the predictions are being confirmed, this is a hint. :spock:

Reply #21
Immortality: yes. Since time doesn't pass at all, you would never die.

is there any observations or evidences  if someone that live in outer-space  aging faster  than those that live in 9,8m/s2 acceleration ?

based on that theories , those that live in Jupiter , will have longer ages .  :left:

since it have 24.79 m/s² .

if that theory is valid and legitimate .

those that live in Jupiter will live for 157 - 250 years   :insane:

Reply #22
is there any observations or evidences  if someone that live in outer-space  aging faster  than those that live in 9,8m/s2 acceleration

Yes. GPS satellites must constantly have their clocks re-calibrated to account for time dilation.

You wouldn't perceive the passage of time any different tho. If an observer could watch you moving near light-speed you'd appear to be moving in slow motion. You would only live longer relative to that observer. For you time would pass the same.  

Reply #23
How is the acceleration due to gravity related to anything in this thread? :right:

Reply #24
Special Relativity  :doh:

gravity influence time and space .

we are accelerated down to earth due to gravity .
mainstreamly in the 9,8 meter / second2  .

thats how we stay in   ground ..

not fly arround .

btw ,

this thread is about Speed , velocity  and Time .

i guess , anything arround Speed , acceleration , deceleration , etc

is still on topic .