Skip to main content
Topic: The Time  (Read 7516 times)

Re: The Time

Reply #25
Now it makes sense. :left:

Reply #26
Our Milky Way and the Local Group move through space pretty darn fast at 600 Km/s (2.2 million kilometers per hour), in the direction of nowhere in particular--well, perhaps towards a region beyond the Hydra-Centaurus Supercluster.  What draws our Local Group (20 galaxies), and other galaxies in that direction is unknown and referred to as "the great attractor"--speculated at one time to be the Norma Cluster with the mass of 1000 trillion Suns.  While the Norma Cluster is massive, and local galaxies are moving toward it, it doesn't explain the full motion of local galaxies.  The mass of the Great Attractor isn't large enough to account for the pull.  When cosmologists look at an even larger region of galaxies, they find that the local galaxies and the Great Attractor are moving toward something even larger.  It’s known as the Shapley Supercluster--it contains more than 8000 galaxies and has a mass of more than ten million billion Suns. The Shapley Supercluster is, in fact, the most massive galaxy cluster within a billion light years and we and every galaxy in our corner of the Universe are moving toward it. 

The Shapely Supercluster is about 150 million light years away, so we won't be arriving any time soon--and I have no idea of what we will do when we get there about 75 billion years from now, but it's on my calendar.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #27
Shapley Supercluster

well...

that's pretty brutal  :chef:

btw , we have galaxies Gravity .

so, is  we also have Universe gravity ?

if it exist , what a Universe Gravity can do ?

beside can bends  the light  , nor influence time and space  .

Reply #28
i prefer the Milky Way from my local sweet shop with it's soft chocolate and smooth toffee. More practical.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #29

I'm not big on sweets, but, this stellar candy is my favorite. :love:

Reply #30
I don't tolerate lactose. :worried: