Skip to main content
Topic: What's what… (Read 3492 times)

What's what…

I don't remember how I got there… But I just read a "fun" article on the web! The site is -in my experience (pre-Internet) — should — be taken as "juvenile satirical" tweaking of noses, and -perhaps- twerking of "wholes"… :)
Yes, I'm well into "my cups"!

But I am who I am! The question is: Who are you?

The author (who I do not know, and had previously been unaware of) says, "Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."
(Shouldn't there have been an exclamation point…?)
I'm not convinced, that happiness is the "greatest good," individually or in the aggregate…. In fact, I think (I've come to a determination on the basis of this, that, and the other…) that "happiness" is a red herring…
(Perhaps…) You only have One Life.

What would you do to "make a difference"…? (The topic has come up, before…) Would you change — yourself?

That's the gist of the article… If you can't change the world, would you consider changing yourself?

Here's the link: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Re: What's what…

Reply #1
"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

The association between (lack of) effort and moral guilty it's a protestant mantra deep inside the capitalist and utilitarian mind and useful to maintain people working their entire lives as little ants sacrificing themselves for the anthill. No?
That's the gist of the article… If you can't change the world, would you consider changing yourself?

I can't see the reason why I should change is to be related with the impossibility of changing the world.
Who are you?

The little devil inside your conscience...  :devil:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #3

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness Ambition takes effort."

I suppose it works better now.

It doesn't, they confuse happiness with ambition, better saying they make happiness depend from ambition. Typically Saxon (and protestant).

What a nice thread, unfortunately it will end fast. The world it's full of more important fait divers...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #4
That's what I meant. :up:

Reply #5
Tut, tut, Oakdale. You should wait until sober before such entries.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #6
Why, rj?
进行 ...

Reply #7
Okay, okay, on reflection Oakdale I was wrong. Hhhm on thinking you are the same whether drunk or sober. That makes deliverance of sense even more a problem. Ah well.

Reply #8
Waddaya know? I've taught an old dog a new trick!

Now if only someone could teach him English… :)
进行 ...

Reply #9
Anex-colonist on speaking English?!  ???

Reply #10
What's an anex colonist? :confused: Maybe a resident of an annex territory to a pre-existing colony?

Reply #11
You'll learn not to ask, Sanguinemoon… At any rate, he won't answer; because he likely doesn't know what his knuckles meant to type… :)
进行 ...

Reply #12
A bit like your brain Oakdale that doesn't know what to type and that is more serious. But not to worry in the land of nut jobs there is a big head shrinking system but you might have to wait in a queue.

Reply #13
Oh, I've stayed away from the "professionals" of the field, both psychology and psychiatry…as a client or patient: A healthy fear of being "found out" by their like is, I think, quite rational! :)

(Plus, I'm enough of a cheapskate to be mistaken for a Scot! I'd never fork over the kind of sums for such useless luxury… My guess is that a random passerby would "diagnose" me as well, and gladly!)
进行 ...

Reply #14
Hah, wise man there Oakdale. They would be fighting amongst themselves to get you in so stick to your wise self-assessment!  :D