Skip to main content

Poll

Have you had some ph. albums on MyOpera?

Yes.
[ 1 ] (16.7%)
Yes, but I don't care.
[ 1 ] (16.7%)
Yes, and I know a place to hold it up.
[ 2 ] (33.3%)
Not sure...
[ 0 ] (0%)
Beer!
[ 2 ] (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Topic: Photo Albums (Read 11882 times)

Re: Photo Albums

Reply #25
But which pages aren't working?

Reply #27
Worked for me.

Reply #29
Brenda's picture is (or was) hosted at a place called UploadEdit, not My Opera.

Michael must've deleted his files.

Reply #30
On Frenzie's recommendation, I opened an account in Photobucket where I'm storing my favorite photos, including this gem.

Reply #32
mjmsprt40 informed me that Flickr offers something like 1TB free photo hosting.

I have free accounts with IMGUR, ImageShack, PhotoBucket, & TinyPic...

Personally, for web based hosting services, I use IMGUR.

I have to say that 2liv3 appears to be great for sharing albums, not so much for sharing a single photo within that album.

So, what else people have to say?
We have Flikr, IMGUR, ImageShack, PhotoBucket, TinyPic, and 2liv3. Some feedback?
Michael, did you shoot it "on the go"?
:rip: MyOpera's Albums!..

Reply #34
Right now, the only sites I have going as far as photos is 2liv3 and Vivaldi. Yes, I did delete just about everything at MyOpera almost a week before the official shut-down, on the advice of somebody who suggested that anything not deleted might be stored on servers for an indefinite length of time. I lost nothing as far as photos because they're all here on this machine-- and on a USB fob-- and on another laptop here anyway.  Josh managed to back up the blog before I nuked most of it, I left only the last two posts until the end. I suppose I'll have to post a link to my 2liv3 album-- I'll catch that a little later. My blog exists now on Wordpress.com, you can catch that easily by entering my username in Google-- it'll take you right there (one of the blessings of having a weird username).
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #35
I've tried twice to approach 2liv3, but I couldn't find anything to learn how the hell would it look like using it. I don't like that.
Michael, some guy on MyOpera once mentioned Wordpress were photohosting too. Know something?

Reply #36
I haven't looked that closely-- though I do have just over 3 gigabytes of space on my Wordpress site for that purpose. I am considering it for photos that I would try to post to forums like this one. 2liv3 doesn't let you post your photos on forums-- I tried last night on another system and it was a shambolic experience. The way 2liv3 operates, posting photos there seems to allow only slightly more sharing than I would have if I just left them on my machine and didn't put them on a website at all.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #38
I have this one in my album. I call it "Teacher, can I go to the lavatory?"

The poll

Reply #39
An Error Has Occurred!
This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.
What the fuck is it and why the fuck was it?  :irked:  

Reply #41
What the f*** is with the poll?

Try asking in a civil manner and you may get a civil answer.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #42
Nah, because it was bullshit in the first place.  So you're free to answer uncivilisedly.:arse:

Reply #43
So you're free to answer uncivilisedly

Thanks, but I never feel the need to be uncivilised.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #44
You can try once in a while.
So what's with the poll?
I can see no logical justification in the lock-up.

Reply #45
You can try once in a while.

No need to.

So what's with the poll?
I can see no logical justification in the lock-up.

I have no idea why it was locked, Josh, I don't know who locked it neither. If I had to guess. I would say that it's served it's purpose and there wasn't much point keeping it open. Hopefully now you have asked a bit more politely, (wasn't that difficult was it?), the moderator or administrator who did lock it will let you know why. If you haven't heard in a couple of days. give me a shout and I'll try and find out for you.