Skip to main content

Poll

Have you had some ph. albums on MyOpera?

Yes.
[ 1 ] (16.7%)
Yes, but I don't care.
[ 1 ] (16.7%)
Yes, and I know a place to hold it up.
[ 2 ] (33.3%)
Not sure...
[ 0 ] (0%)
Beer!
[ 2 ] (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Topic: Photo Albums (Read 11929 times)

Photo Albums

What does this "Maximum votes per user" do - in the "Poll Options"?
Well, I just checked the attachments feature here on the Forum, and found that we can't attach anything significant. Even no image formats I know of are listed. The size limit is next to zero for what I would like generally.
It is understandable, but the question arises: what a hell do we do if we care about sharing some breastsphotos?
Now I get it that we should find some other place so to put there our masterpisses, then post a link for them here when we need to show them. Monsterpieces, I mean...
What do you think? Does anybody already have some experience somewhere about that imaging? I, for one, would like it to be easy to use, for example. Not buggy. Not very NSAish? Well, skip it;) In few words, I'd like it simple.
I don't know much about flikr, uninformed what other picture hostings exist, etc. What I know is that I like to have smooth uploading, clean previewing, and not very scriptish watching/leafing. Too many befoldered pages for one image like on flikr? It doesn't look tidy for me...
So what have you say?.. 

Re: Photo Albums

Reply #1
What does this "Maximum votes per user" do - in the "Poll Options"?

After voting you can remove your vote and recast. I imagine it means users can do that a maximum of X times.
Well, I just checked the attachments feature here on the Forum, and found that we can't attach anything significant.

I can afford to dedicate only slightly over 1GB of disk space to this forum, not to mention all the extra bandwidth use attachments would cause. The question under some degree of consideration is whether I'll allow small attachments or none at all.

mjmsprt40 informed me that Flickr offers something like 1TB free photo hosting. I have no idea how they intend to fund such a thing (except that only a small percentage will ever use more than a few hundred MB), but I imagine that makes it worth considering assuming they don't require you to sign away any rights to your work.

Reply #2
Here we're again, Frans: ;)
1 Replies
- just now for this thread in the topics list right above (was):)
About the "votes". I don't get it - since we have a box to check "the users ARE ALLOWED to change their vote". So was the question -- either a bit of redundancy - or a sort of unnecessary ambiguity - ???

On the topic. I fully understand your feasibilities and all. I was just mentioning that we might be considering doing something about it. That Flikr you mentioned? Ok, let's hear other folks - what they're going to say. If any... 

Reply #3
I don't think a forum based dedicated image host feature is needed being that there are quite a few  [glow=green,2,300]FREE[/glow] image hosters out there to fulfill the need.

I have free accounts with IMGUR, ImageShack, PhotoBucket, & TinyPic......but for my everyday use I use my own website.

Personally, for web based hosting services, I use IMGUR.

It best fits my needs when I must use a 'web based image service'.

The Free Version is limited to 225 images per account (hint hint)

It allows hot-linking; you can maintain a personal database; you can get an app (ex: tinypic uploader) which gives you easy upload possibilities (I use anonymous feature for pics I just want to link to once), & it gives you right-click menu uploading option(s).

My favorite feature is that it accepts hot linking to animated gifs, either in your account, or as you can do anytime, you can upload it anonymously (not signed on) & simply get the link.

Images last for 6 months in the free account, but any activity extends that.

Some Features:
Privacy controls for your images
Delete and edit your uploaded images
Create fast and easy photo albums
Get link codes fast, to any of your images
Have complete control over your images
Add captions and titles to your images
Make your account public, or keep it secret
Place captions on images in the Gallery
Like or Dislike images in the Gallery

PRO version is available ($23 or so a year??)

Reply #5
Michael says he's already here:
Quote from: 2liv3
2liv3 is a FREE website that allows you to easily create professional looking pages without technical expertise. Fill your 2liv3 site with pictures and content from your life's experiences, share it, and stay connected with people.

You can create:
Albums
Pages
Hierarchies
More

Albums allow you to organize a collection of pictures and write short descriptions.

Albums are an easy way of showing pictures without putting too much effort into the writing

Reply #6
I have to say that 2liv3 appears to be great for sharing albums, not so much for sharing a single photo within that album. Right-click is disabled on the site, so selecting a single photo to share on the forum looks like it will be a lot of trouble. There may be a keyboard work-around, I'll have to see if I can turn up anything useful.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #7
Quote from: An earlier post by mjmsprt40
Right-click is disabled on the site, so selecting a single photo to share on the forum looks like it will be a lot of trouble. There may be a keyboard work-around, I'll have to see if I can turn up anything useful.

Mike, if you're using FireFox then this lil extension     RTC   should resurrect your "Right to Click"

I tested it on an example 2liv3 site.

Reply #8
ׂ

Reply #9
I've been using a keyboard binding, "j shift", to toggle Javascript since '05 or so. On the bottom-right of my screen I've got a toggle to see the current setting, or in rare cases for use with a mouse. I could show you a screenshot, but it'd be somewhat uninformative. I haven't actually used the quick preferences in years, even though I loved it back in Opera 7 (and 6? was it in 6?).

Reply #11
There's no "no" answer?  I never bothered with a photo album on My Opera. Doubt I would here, either.

Reply #13
Beer means no?  Alrighty then.  I don't drink so that's not an option for me, especially beer.  LOL

Reply #15

Not even so plain: I've made even 2 "no" options - "not sure" is a 'no' too.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

The only options I see are:
Yes.
Yes, but I don't care.
Yes, and I know a place to hold it up.
Not sure...
Beer!

I don't see a "no" there at all. 

Look up "josh" in a dictionary!:P

I must be slow or something.  I honestly don't understand.  I'm sorry.  ??? :-[

Reply #17
ROFL.  Okey doke!!!

Reply #19
mjmsprt40 informed me that Flickr offers something like 1TB free photo hosting.

I have free accounts with IMGUR, ImageShack, PhotoBucket, & TinyPic......but for my everyday use I use my own website.

Personally, for web based hosting services, I use IMGUR.

I have to say that 2liv3 appears to be great for sharing albums, not so much for sharing a single photo within that album. Right-click is disabled on the site, so selecting a single photo to share on the forum looks like it will be a lot of trouble.

O'k, what else have you add? Instagram? Is it shit or what?

Reply #23
What links are you noticing to be dead? (Also, does it really matter whether they're dead now or in a couple of days?)

Reply #24
I've plans to undertake some final walkaround there.
And I expected the pages themselves would be alive till the 3rd.