Skip to main content
Topic: Energy of a Life  (Read 7435 times)

Re: Energy of a Life

Reply #25
is this arguments valid ?

MASS and ENERGY
-whereever there are mass , there also energy .
-every energy changes , it will also change the mass .
i/e iron that heated will change the mass .
therefore every energy is mass .

PHOTON , ENERGY , AND MASS.
-Photon is Energy
-photon also particle
-photon is particle that move like electron .
therefore every energy is photon, and every energy is mass . 

i see what Einstein Did there  :sherlock:

btw, since this thread have changed  from about energy,  to thread about weird stuff like photon .

how if  we do some phun   ? 

if photon have mass   , What happen to the thing that Hitted massively with something that Shotted in the Speed of light   ?

if photon have mass , why is we can not  place that thingy in a box ? 

Reply #26
if photon have mass , why is we can not  place that thingy in a box ?

Boxes not small enough! (Aren't you familiar with the two-slit experiment?)

I'd recommend Feynman's QED… But what you'd get from it is — a headache! (That's what everyone gets from it… :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #27
photon is wave that interact like particle .

it seems not everyone get a headache from it ..

Reply #28
MASS and ENERGY
-whereever there are mass , there also energy .
-every energy changes , it will also change the mass .
i/e iron that heated will change the mass .
therefore every energy is mass .

Any physical system, be it an atom, a ball or the entire universe has a property of mass and a property of energy.  The properties are proportional by a factor of the speed of light squared or more precisely, E=mc2.  To change a quote somewhat, "Energy is something that matter has--it is not what matter is.  (I have height and weight--that does not mean I am height and weight.)" 

Some issues discussed in this  http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/mass-energy-matter-etc/matter-and-energy-a-false-dichotomy/  interesting article include:

--Matter and Energy really aren't in the same class and shouldn't be paired in one’s mind.

--Matter, in fact, is an ambiguous term; there are several different definitions used in both scientific literature and in public discourse.  Each definition selects a certain subset of the particles of nature, for different reasons.  Consumer beware!  Matter is always some kind of stuff, but which stuff depends on context.

--Energy is not ambiguous (not within physics, anyway).  But energy is not itself stuff; it is something that all stuff has. 

--The term Dark Energy confuses the issue, since it isn't (just) energy after all.  It also really isn't stuff; certain kinds of stuff can be responsible for its presence, though we don’t know the details.

--Photons should not be called `energy’, or `pure energy’, or anything similar.  All particles are ripples in fields and have energy; photons are not special in this regard. Photons are stuff; energy is not.

--The stuff of the universe is all made from fields (the basic ingredients of the universe) and their particles.  At least this is the post-1973 viewpoint. 

Btw, heated iron has a small increase in mass because of the added oxygen molecules to the metal and not because of any added energy.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #29
well ...

that are alot of points about matter , energy , and  photon .

ich mag  :up: