Skip to main content
Topic: Adblock for Otter (Read 12181 times)

Re: Adblock for Otter

Reply #25

@ultraviolet, I guess that we will try to create variant where newest Qt libraries are shipped with binary, that should work on most of Linux systems out of the box (assuming that basic stuff like gstreamer, libxml2 or curl are installed, curl used to turn out as missing sometimes when using SDK binaries).
Then you will just had to download one bigger archive and do not care about compiling, which isn't that scary anyway (we have just few external dependencies, and only Qt itself is the only direct one). ;-)

That would be great in the future. I realise Vivaldi is a far bigger 'company' but all i had to do to try their very nice browser which is still in early stages was download one file.
To get your product out to more people to try and give feed-back to, the easyer the process the better surely.

Im a lazy linux user who doesnt much like tinkering around :-)
“I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”

Re: Adblock for Otter

Reply #26
For those of you who - like me - have updated from beta4 to beta5 and missed part of the adblocking functionality: ~/.config/otter/adblock is no longer considered. The new folder to substitute it is called ~/.config/otter/blocking.
If you manually made changes to ~/.config/otter/adblock.ini and added lists to folder .../adblock just move the lists to .../blocking. You can then delete folder .../adblock. File adblock.ini can remain unchanged. After restarting Otter you will have access to the additional lists again.