Skip to main content
Topic: What is your weather now? (Read 140644 times)

Re: What is your weather now?

Reply #75
Raining a lot - temp heading to plus 9 C then down to minus 9 C tomorrow.  Another quick freeze.  Ugh.

Reply #76
-10C now, -17C expected tonight, with plenty of wind chill.

Reply #77
5°C Heavy rain, high winds.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #78
Was 9°C last night with heavy winds and rain, 3°C when I woke up, now it's hitting 0°C and everything is freezing up solid.

Supposed to go to -13°C tonight.  Going to be very icy and slippery today.

Reply #79
3°C Occasional showers but sunny at the moment.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #81
Cool & Dry  63°F  17°C

Reply #82
2°C Cool but dry with the odd glimpse of sunshine.

Reply #83
Hot.......Getting Hotter!  91°F  going up past 97°F

Reply #84
We had a blizzard yesterday - about 40 cm of snow and -12 C most of the day with wind chill of -30.

I have always found wind chill temperatures to be of dubious value, especially in winter weather. Wind chill is supposed to indicate temperature on naked skin, and you will not see a lot of skin in a blizzard. It is somewhat relevant if wearing a wind-permeable outer layer of clothing, but no sane person does that either.

Reply #85
Raining a lot - temp heading to plus 9 C then down to minus 9 C tomorrow.  Another quick freeze.  Ugh.

Reminds me too much about Oslo. Wintertime the temperature hovers around freezing, and has a depressing tendency to be just above freezing during daytime and below freezing at night, to ensure a fresh new layer of ice to slip on. Also the city is vaguely bowl-shaped, colder/more snowy towards the rim/hills, so on a walk to or from the centre there will always be at least one thaw/melt zone on the way. For perfection add a thin sprinkling of fresh morning snow to hide any evidence of the surface below.

You get in touch with your inner balance artist this way.

Reply #86

We had a blizzard yesterday - about 40 cm of snow and -12 C most of the day with wind chill of -30.

I have always found wind chill temperatures to be of dubious value, especially in winter weather. Wind chill is supposed to indicate temperature on naked skin, and you will not see a lot of skin in a blizzard. It is somewhat relevant if wearing a wind-permeable outer layer of clothing, but no sane person does that either.

Well, to us, windchill is an indication that, even though it might only be X temperature, it's freezing out there on your face, which is always exposed to the weather. It also can be so cold in the windchill that frostbite is an issue but not very often. It's rare for it to go below -10 here for any length of time.

Reply #88
-3°C Very frosty with wintry showers.

Reply #89
Well, to us, windchill is an indication that, even though it might only be X temperature, it's freezing out there on your face, which is always exposed to the weather. It also can be so cold in the windchill that frostbite is an issue but not very often. It's rare for it to go below -10 here for any length of time.

You don't use scarves over there? If it is seriously windy, snowy, or cold outside, I would expose no skin to the weather anywhere except for eyes (behind glasses) and probably around mouth/nose to avoid soggy clothing.

If for some reason I couldn't I would watch my boots or walk backwards, depending on wind direction.

Reply #90

You get in touch with your inner balance artist this way.

Or fall a lot, as I do!! LOL  I really hate ice.  Snow I love but ice?  Nope.  Most of our snow and ice will be gone by tomorrow - heading for a week of above zero temperatures.  Ugh.  Back to ugly brown winter.

Reply #91
Tis hot 85°, will probably get hotter as the day gets on.....the sky is the bluest of blue....not one cloud in sight horizon to horizon.

Reply #93
1°C Cold but dry with occasional showers.

Reply #95
-1°C Cold but dry at the moment.

Reply #97
3°C Raining

Reply #99
Cold and wet.