Skip to main content
Topic: Ecofascism (Read 9851 times)

Re: Ecofascism

Reply #25

But perhaps ersi can explain why this is in-coherent? :)

Lay it out in a relevant thread and I will deal with it. I mean, I won't even try to think what you may think its virtues are. It goes like this:

You think it is a system with defensible virtues? Spell them out and we'll see. Until then, keep imagining.

(I'd also like to hear about the latest scientific assessment of the ozone layer of our atmosphere…)

"Since the adoption and strengthening of the Montreal Protocol has led to reductions in the emissions of CFCs, atmospheric concentrations of the most significant compounds have been declining. These substances are being gradually removed from the atmosphere; since peaking in 1994, the Effective Equivalent Chlorine (EECl) level in the atmosphere had dropped about 10% by 2008." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion#Prospects_of_ozone_depletion

Bottom line: It was found out to have been caused by the modern industry of our civilisation and is effectively being dealt with by means of policies concerning the industry.

Reply #26
This site tracks the Antarctic ozone hole from 1979 (size 1.1 million km2) - 2013 (24 million km2) . The ozone has good years and bad years, but in general it seems safe to note the hole reached its peak in 2005-2006 the trend is downward. However, it actually grew in 2013.

Reply #27
"Since the adoption and strengthening of the Montreal Protocol has led to reductions in the emissions of CFCs, atmospheric concentrations of the most significant compounds have been declining. These substances are being gradually removed from the atmosphere; since peaking in 1994, the Effective Equivalent Chlorine (EECl) level in the atmosphere had dropped about 10% by 2008." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion#Prospects_of_ozone_depletion

Which shows that we can do it. :)

Reply #28
Which shows that we can do it.  :)

Taking fourteen years to reduce a mere ten percent it's not exactly an example of efficacy... it would take one hundred forty to eliminate the rest.
But a nice joke you made there with the yes, we can... I wouldn't be surprised if a new Nobel prize at environmental defense would be attributed to him...

While you discuss climate changes I'm trying to create eco-something to oppose the ecofascism thing.
Eco-social-democracy? eco-liberalism? eco-anarchy? no-eco-at-all?

Nope, I'm not going to save the world... eco-chicken rules already.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #29
Eco-Sanity   :sherlock:

the Sane thingy is the Opposite the insanity of the Fascist .

since they are usually are manipulators , label sellers , etc

Reply #30
Eco-Sanity    :sherlock:

the Sane thingy is the Opposite the insanity of the Fascist .

:)
Well said Sparta.

Even worst than the Fascists it's the eco-absenteeism.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #31
There isn't any such cogent phenomena. Animal rights activists have had the most violent track record, but the actual casualties have been miniscule, a handful fatalities globally. A more murderous outfit like ISIL would kill more people on a slow afternoon than animal rights activists have since records began.

More substantial green organisations, like Greenpeace, are non-violent. Some might unwittingly put themselves or others at risk, but the risk would be far lower than being killed by your razor.

People who decide to live primitively in a cabin in the forest by the lake, like this retired Finn, are few. Some of them, like this retired Finn, spout fantasies on Facebook or in other comments about wanting to kill millions of people they claim are worse than worthless. Others don't. But this Finn and millions of others wanting to kill millions of other in their mind haven't even killed 0,0001% of a million people in real life. The Unabomber did, but it still took him two decades to kill 0,0003% of a million. Bearded people in a cabin in the forest by the lake are a lesser danger to society than bee hives in the forest by the lake.

The number of people romanicising this kind of life is larger, even I have a cabin in the woods by the lake (that I use about once every three years), but the people truly believing that primitivism  is the way ahead to save the planet is in actuality rare, and much less common than anti-green voices claim. The Finn at least practice what he preaches (except for the genocide part), the rest proscribe primitivism and forced birth control for others, usually people in other countries.

Reply #32

Taking fourteen years to reduce a mere ten percent it's not exactly an example of efficacy... it would take one hundred forty to eliminate the rest.
But a nice joke you made there with the yes, we can... I wouldn't be surprised if a new Nobel prize at environmental defense would be attributed to him...

It pretty much is. Removing these gases faster would be extremely expensive to little benefit. The growth has been halted and slowly reversed. Given the time delay effects, it can take decades for gasses not produced not to leak into the atmosphere, this is pretty good, a success. The risk for a half-century project is that it may be forgotten and other gases produced in the future to reverse the reversal. I don't find that very likely though.

I hope you are alone in assigning a can-do attitude exclusively to the current US President.

Reply #33
Sparta you do not need to be a Fascist or the opposite to be a manipulator. Would-be democrat people are just as capable.  :cry:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #34
Sir , manipulative is the symptomp of psychopathy .

so what's the oppossite of insanity if not sanity ?

Reply #35
I hope you are alone in assigning a can-do attitude exclusively to the current US President.

I hope you, jax, are alone in missing Belfrager's sarcasm... :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #36
Belfrager's sarcasm..

It's not easy to me to express in English the right amount of irony, sometimes I under do it, others I over do it...

And to complicate things, irony must be adequate not only to Americans and English but also to Czechs, Germans, Dutch, Brazilians, Estonians and Indonesians as well as to the hidden rest of the world that avidly reads our posts...

I long quited to try it with the Scotish...
And I'm writing English increasingly worst... I don't know what's happening, have I already reached the top and now it's always going down?? :)

I said irony not sarcasm because it's not the same. I do irony. Well, I try to.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #37
In fairness in too little or too much is something that most can identify with so you are not that distant. As for chatting in Scotish as an alternative maybe Scottish would be easier for you......?
"Quit you like men:be strong"