Skip to main content
Topic: New versions (Read 3196 times)

New versions

I get notifications of an update available from Sourceforge but when I look at the About in Otter there does not seem to be any difference from that in the current version. Or am I missing something?

Re: New versions

Reply #1
Since it's the development of 0.9.02 I don't think you should expect to see any difference, although perhaps some more info there could be interesting. For instance something like the build date.

Reply #2
The notifications you are getting are most probably related to the release of weeklies. However many of these weeklies are part of 0.9.02 (second Beta) as the development of a Beta version is an ongoing process.

Also, there is an issue ticket on GitHub for the inclusion of date timestamps within Otter itself for identification purposes.

Reply #3
Thanks for the replies.

I was referring to the About window where the build numbers remain the same.

Reply #4
Me too. Like how in Opera it says "Version 12.16 Build 1860." :)

Reply #5
Maybe we could go for manually added version string, appended to "main" version defined already, it could be "weekly #some number" or "beta some number" etc.
Such approach seems to have less disadvantages than automatically generated values and is more flexible.
We could try this today.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #6
Sounds good to me!

Reply #8
@Emdek
Yes, let's have it this way! And did you try it today? It would be nice to see a more elaborate version number in the next turn-of-the-month release.

ersi still has the old turn-of-the-month release 0.9.01

Reply #9
@ersi, yes, although defining this text in .pro file wasn't straightforward. ;-)
Code: [Select]
OTTER_VERSION_CONTEXT = " weekly $$LITERAL_HASH""30"
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.