Skip to main content
Topic: What are you up to right now? (Read 122967 times)

Re: What are you up to right now?

Reply #175
Where is it that buses are expected to have WiFi?

Reply #176
Not sure if I was watching Winter Olympics opening ceremony or Russia's version of Disneyland.  ::) :-\

Reply #177

Where is it that buses are expected to have,  WiFi?
Hmm, could be cool to have a WiFi transport world map. I generally expect long-distance buses and trains to have WiFi. Regional buses (buses outside cities) generally don't, but the buses in Värmland county in Sweden do. In principle. Local buses, municipal buses, generally don't either, but a few like Copenhagen and Karlstad, Värmland do. Of these I prefer Karlstad, as Copenhagen requires a phone registration, a step which usually means that the network will be available on the next trip. Seoul was a disappointment as yes, there was WiFi in the metro, but no you had to have a subscription (unless I've missed something).

Airports more commonly have free WiFi as well, usually with phone confirmation.

Reply #178
Not sure if I was watching Winter Olympics opening ceremony or Russia's version of Disneyland.

I've just had to suffer the figure skating thanks to my Mrs watching it. How can that be called a sport it's dancing isn't it?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #179
long-distance buses

Ah, fair enough. I don't use those. I suppose technically there's a bus with destination Mechelen I very occasionally use, but I doubt I'd ever take it all the way. It probably takes like three hours with all the stops. :)

Over here there's a few buses and trams with WiFI, made available thanks to corporate sponsors.

How can that be called a sport it's dancing isn't it?

Well

Reply #180
Quote from: Luxor
I've just had to suffer the figure skating thanks to my Mrs watching it.

I hope you won't miss the Olympics hockey finals because Mrs insisted on watching something else.

Reply #181

Not sure if I was watching Winter Olympics opening ceremony or Russia's version of Disneyland.

I've just had to suffer the figure skating thanks to my Mrs watching it. How can that be called a sport it's dancing isn't it?

You have a point. They probably consider it a sport because not everyone can do it?
I've been aching to put on some ice skates. Talked about it with my sister but our schedules have been conflicting.

Reply #182
I hope you won't miss the Olympics hockey finals

I hope I do, not into hockey in the slightest.
Might watch the toboggan if I'm not doing anything, but that's my only real interest in the Olympics.

Meanwhile back on topic.

Cleaning the windows.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #183
Got that UV therapy. :)

Reply #184
Getting ready to head out and put salt and slag on the roads, as sleet is beginning to come down heavily, and the temps are dropping.

3-5 inches expected, along with this damnable ice.

No sleep for me tonight....  :(

Reply #185
Quote from: Mandi
I've been aching to put on some ice skates.

I remember from your Opera blog that you mentioned something like skating as one of your hobbies. ;)

Quote from: Luxor

I hope I do, not into hockey in the slightest.

Oh really? We're the opposite then, Olympics hockey is my fav. :D

Reply #186
Watching Olympics Short Track speed skating.

Reply #187
Eating late dinner, and watching women's 500m speed skating.

Reply #188
Just laid in bed from what seemed like the longest 7 hour shift ever. Unfortunately, it will only be for a short nap.

Reply #189
ׂ

Reply #190

Reply #191
Relaxing before bed.

Reply #192
Playing on my son's tablet. This is what happens when you get it taken away for unacceptable behavior. Plus, I promised to add more music to it.

Reply #193
Just registered to some interwebz forum... I think   :o

Hello all  :)

Reply #194
jusa

Reply #195
Been talking to bureaucrats on the phone.  :-\

Reply #196
Trying to stay awake.

Reply #197
Just finished my Buffy marathon...now re-watching Frasier while just hanging out on the interwebs...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #198
Wondering why I'm up this early. 12:35 pm and wide awake already. What's up with that?

Reply #199
About bedtime. :zzz: