Skip to main content
Topic: Happy Birthday America!!! (Read 3223 times)

Happy Birthday America!!!

[glow=blue,2,300]HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!! [/glow]

[Move][glow=white,2,300]Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July     God Bless America    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day   Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day     Happy Fourth of July   God Bless America    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July     God Bless America    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day   Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day     Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day   Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July     God Bless America    Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day   Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day     Happy Fourth of July    Happy Independence Day    Happy Fourth of July    God Bless America!!!!![/glow]
[/Move]

Re: Happy Birthday America!!!

Reply #1
The 1776 Declaration of Independence

[glow=blue,2,300]  ---- [/glow]

A Direct Reading

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETroXvRFoKY[/VIDEO]

[glow=blue,2,300]The Liberty Bell ............. Long May It Ring! [/glow]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvInYZxLKXU[/VIDEO]

Reply #2
Well done America!

Reply #3
 :yes: :hat:

Reply #4
Happy independence day USA.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #5
Couldn't ask for a better day. 82F with a cool breeze.

And it's not dry so no threat of a firework ban. The show will go on! :hat:

Reply #6
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAYPN-1Yjt0[/video]

And on a more regional level:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmnkL4CR1HY[/video]

Reply #7
Ah the second flag and tune I much prefer than the two-faced one before it! Indeed it is amongst the small group of my favourite tunes. And mighty me - "Long may the liberty bell ring" (?). It either stopped early or hasn't been heard by many.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #8
I think this is as near as rj is ever likely to come to wishing a happy birthday.

Reply #10
You got it in one tt92. I see Chicago celebrated that event well by having a shooting/killing fiasco.  Well, keeping up a national pastime. Being concerned as one is for the land of nut jobs in a moment of consideration i could stretch to being pleased you took ideas from our great King Billy and his Bill of Rights in 1688.   Please don't thank us though as that would stretch things a bit for me.

Reply #11
Hhhm, the original bell was quite appropriate having been cracked (!) like many of the present day. The declarations do all sound very principled and highly moral but unfortunately they do not exist in practice and the present day ex-colonies are a mess politically along with racial problems, millions of poor, interfering in other nations and well above it's head in increasing debt.

One can say that there would no doubt have been founders who were reasonable and idealistic men but what subsequently followed contradicted the declarations and the intentions.  Maybe SmileyFaze can help the 27 million poor and the over-the-top military expenditure and try and get back to what was meant to be intent ended and not the fact of today. Far too many inconsistencies and you lot should have listened to President Eisenhower when he warned of the rise of corporate control all those years ago. By jingo it certainly emphasised the word 'hypocrisy'. Suppose it is in principle nice to celebrate a birth but you unfortunately produced super nationalists (Smile comes to mind!) and covered that with the word 'patriot.'  ;)

Reply #12
Have a care, sir.
One day a generous impulse might leap up and bite you on the arse. Do you have any acquaintance who would recognise it and identify it for you?

Reply #13
No chance tt92. My ancestors were Scots Covenanters and they weren't fearties and neither am I. Having visited the Howie monument south of Glasgow it is always an inspiration! One wouldn't mind the hoo-ha about your celebration if it wasn't so hypocritical in practical modern life. Whether it is who really controls the place the level of poor the constant attack on personal liberties, spying on everyone in the country, imperialism that it condemns ( :lol:). Whatever the intentions of the Revolutionaries the principles sadly have long gone. Still say Eisenhower was right!  :up:

Reply #14
Henry Kissinger turned 100 years old. So he's older than me, hmm...

And he did an interview with Wall Street Journal for the occasion https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-great-strategist-henry-kissinger-turns-100-china-ukraine-realpolitik-81b6f3bb

In the interview, he says that the leading countries of the world, almost all of them, have lost a sense of direction. Trying to make Ukraine a member of Nato was a massive mistake and brought about the current war, but now the only option is to make Ukraine a Nato member. In Kissinger's opinion, loss of Sevastopol would threaten the integrity of Russia and therefore Ukraine should not take back Crimea.

About Taiwan, Kissinger thinks the tensions are to be solved later, the only solution is time.

And Kissinger prophesies that Japan will soon build own weapons of mass destruction.

In other reporting (Financial Times) it is claimed that Kissinger has been fiddling behind the curtains in Africa to persuade Ukraine into a ceasefire.