Skip to main content
Topic: Possible bug in address bar (Read 3635 times)

Possible bug in address bar

Firstly there is no Paste & Go for the address bar but presumably that will be added.

So the problem is that if you paste an address into the address bar. Pressing Enter then deletes the entry rather than taking you there. For now you have to remove the highlight, then press Enter and it will take you there.

Re: Possible bug in address bar

Reply #1
@djgl, that action is already available, in master (so also in upcoming weekly) it's also in context menu. :-)
Which version are you using? I cannot reproduce it using latest master on Kubuntu 14.04 64 bit (Qt SDK 5.2.1).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #2
I am using 0.9.02 in Windows 8.1/64

Reply #3
@djgl

Can you try out if this bug affects you too? https://github.com/Emdek/otter/issues/331 To me it seems related. Steps to reproduce:

1. In terminal: otter-browser --profile url http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2641 (should open a clean profile, right?)
2. The first image on the page, merely clicking on it opens it up in the SAME tab WITH the address in the address field. (i.e. no bug)
3. Right-click > Open image opens it in a NEW tab WITHOUT the address in the address field. (i.e. buggy)
4. Right-click > Save image, no file name offered in the download location prompt.

Reply #4
I am using Windows so probably not relevant to you

Reply #5
@djgl, could you please try to reproduce that with new weekly (so far only 32 binaries)?

@ersi, no chances to try with current master?
Beta 1 is ~50 commits behind master.
It's not that hard to build from sources. ;-)

Reply #6
Unfortunately for me it is hard enough. I will wait for the next turn of the month to install the next release and take the issue up again, if still relevant.

Reply #7
@ersi, it's just installing cmake, g++ (or clang), optionally git (to fetch only changes instead whole package each time) plus headers (Qt 5, GStreamer 0.10) and then entering listed commands. ;-)
It will take more time to install (but just once) headers than to compile from source.

Reply #8

@djgl, could you please try to reproduce that with new weekly (so far only 32 binaries)?

Just d/l the latest and can confirm that is fixed - at least for Win 8.1/64

Thanks

Reply #9
@djgl, thanks, should be fixed for all, only fraction of errors (usually rendering) is platform specific.

Reply #10
I have just d/l the 64 bit version and seems to be running ok, but I have a query which happens in the 32 bit as well.

When I enter the address of my router (192......etc) it loads up the search engine for that address instead of connecting to the router. All other browsers I have connect to the router.

Reply #11
@djgl, thanks, I'll check that.