Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble in Ulster not unexpected (Read 1345 times)

Trouble in Ulster not unexpected

Have never cared much for people throwing fire bombs, wrecking etc and the last few days over there although not pleasing there was a basic frustration by many loyalists. The Sinn Fein lot  a historical violent lot had 2,000 people all turned out in white shirts and black ties and a massive crowd watching them marching behind a dead IRA man's hearse. That was utterly disgusting and was illegal as such things like funerals and weddings were strictly curtailed due to the virus. The Leader of the Shinners was there and she is the deputy First Minister for goodness sake!It just gave an okay for that lot and is totally disgusting and should have been stopped. Recently as small group of secretive loyalists went out on a short march with a band but broke up in short time. Police tried to find out who that daft handful were but 2,000 terrorist supporters on a big march is fine and law mean nothing. Disgusting.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Trouble in Ulster not unexpected

Reply #1
Should have said that the so-called Good Friday Agreement was a farce on democracy. There was some months ago a Republican funeral for a former terrorist that had more out with it than legally. interesting the irish Prime minister coming out to condemn that recent violence in Belfast, etc but where was he when those terrorist lots came out in 4 figures for that funeral??

Reply #2
It's a sad thing indeed, RJ: Those who've had "genocide" practiced against them tend not to forgive and forget... Kinda like a Scotsman is tight with his money: He may not have much; he may even not have much use for it; but it's his, and he'll hold tight to it - forever! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #3
Yep O it is sad. I started going on holiday from the age of 5 with my parents before all the stuff that was to happen as bad as it did when the republicans went mental. As an adult often went over the Irish sea for a break and always in a good hotel in Belfast  Then as the senior officer in a uniformed boys organisation here (and across the world!) took many boys to a very modern camp on the County Londonderry coast (front lawn dipped onto the beach!) and the village rail station a minute way). Was in charge at 17 camps and we never had any bother with the nutcases as the area was A1. Indeed many many years ago I even had a Belfast girl friend whom after several months departed from me and i had to stick to Glasgow lassies! Spent a week at Christmas at her family home then a summer holiday twice. Many years later she phoned me and although doing well work-wise her husband was too much into drink and had been an army sergeant. Nice to know she missed me!!

Ulster has a great atmosphere for me and I will be glad when the virus control situ eases and I get back over there and i am glad it is part of Great Britain and the people likeable - well apart from it's terror nutters but they will not stop me getting on a ship or ferry and getting about. Nice to know that Ulster lady never forgot me but ladies always liked being with me and being missed by an Ulster one is top of the range!!

As for the limited places of trouble with the police I still stand by what I said about the terror lot having a mass funeral parade of 2,000 when it was damn well illegal but they got away with it. Disgraceful.

Reply #4
Nice to see your human side take precedence, RJ, over your carping; It gives a sense of conviviality to these 'plaints, no? Like a pub room, its regulars ensconced and going through the motions - for old times' sake.
We won't solve any of the world's problems... But by merely surviving in our "fine fettle" we show plainly that we are undefeated, come what may!
Carry on, good sir.
进行 ...

Reply #5
Uh-oh. 'Carping' is a handy excuse for a body-swerve stance dear man! Whether Ulster or the USofA I am near the points! The North of Ireland will remain British and that clown who was Labour Party Prime minister years ago who created the Good Friday agreement was a groan. And when the province became what it got as independent of Eire in 1922 i stick by the stance on maintaining the new border and refusal to give in. Cry was "Not and inch" and I stick by that when go there for a nic break or sometimes a parade and I am all smartly dressed, etc! :)  :up:

Reply #6
You do know, Howie, that you as the bundle of emotional attachments and aversions you are have no say in anything, beyond how often you perform your ablutions and how long you're willing to keep your eyes open as you sit before your Telly? :)

Who in the "seats of power" gives a fig for your feelings?
进行 ...

Reply #7
I do not sit all the time in front of the telly to be brain controlled like Yanks! When that Labour groan Tony Blair who introduced that damnable Easter "solving"years ago what did he do? He quietly left the Church of England background and went into the RC Church! His wife was  if that side. It was totally disgraceful that the Chief constable of the police in Ulster totally ignored that massive RC funeral for a dead terrorist man. Yet recently when a small group of loyalists went out on a very small short parade with a band the same police wanted to know more. It was a total disgrace that those 2,000 smartly dressed gits got off with what they did as it was illegal.

Would say to you OakdaleFTL that I have always been a strong protestant and do not agree with the Church of Rome but do not hate them or go after them either. Don't have much time for Islam either!! I had ancestors way back in the 17th century who stood by their face against persecution and indeed south of the great city of Glasgow is a memorial to John Howie a fighter for the faith!  :yes:

Reply #9
Nice try.

Reply #10
south of the great city of Glasgow is a memorial to John Howie a fighter for the faith!
Send us a pic... Oh, wait! You can't, for so many reasons...
Well, well: The hoary memory of our erstwhile contributor is longer than  his what-ever-it-is that he keeps stepping on!?
进行 ...