Skip to main content
Topic: A new questionable separation political party in Scotland (a farce!) (Read 872 times)

A new questionable separation political party in Scotland (a farce!)

Alex Salmond a former First Minister of Scotland who won his recent court case costing the Scottish Govt hundreds of thousands on losing has formed a second Scots independence party. He says it is not a party to be against the SNP which he left but to help the campaign for independence Eh/ How head shaking is that weird attitude corner and get support for independence from the Green Party. It is dashed obvious the rift Salmond has with his former party and his accusations against that corner. I am a staunch Unionist  and this nonsense is his negative corner to his former party. Frankly his new lot will probably get nowhere but must be getting fed up doing little and although I have no support for the SNP they do NOT need him acting in a huff. He is being subtle as nothing.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: A new questionable separation political party in Scotland (a farce!)

Reply #1
He's aiming for the list vote and I get his reasoning for that as it will hit the unionists as most of their seats are on the list. I'm not convinced myself that trying to game the system will work, it's been tried before and ended in failure. He will have his diehard followers of course and they will follow him regardless. The rest of us will vote on our principles and policies, rather than vote on personality.

If his Alba party gain a single seat, well let's just say I will be mightily surprised.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #2
If his lot get a seat I WILL be surprised too and he should just stick to his arrogance on his RT show (!).

Reply #3
Now three in Scotland as independence parties. Don't think Salmond's lot going very far and that Green Party lot make me shake my head. Weird. They aren't a hit parade south of the border and they are an  eccentric lot up here.

Reply #4
There's more than three. SNP. Scottish Greens, Alba, ISP (Independence for Scotland Party), AFI (Action for Independence). The AFI have stepped aside for this election and are backing Alba. I think ISP have as well, but don't quote me on that as I may be wrong.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #5
I have a groaning view of the Green Party as a bunch of eccentrics (!) it is rather odd having a squad of independence parties that are tiny. Even Salmond's lot is a pointless exercise and is his way of a slap back at his former party.