Skip to main content
Topic: Is D&D the same as D&D? (Read 2737 times)

Is D&D the same as D&D?

I note that Opera has a new Group called D&D which stands for Discussions and Debates, not the other way round. It already has a few members, but I don't want to join just yet for fear of diluting our effort here.

I note however that we have some spies there. .

So can one of those tell us if it looks like a continuation of D&D or a lesser beast?

Does it matter?

Re: Is D&D the same as D&D?

Reply #1
Could you link to it?

Reply #2
Here it is

my.opera.com/Discussions%20%26%20Debates/members/

Looking at that list, it reminded me of Facebook's cavalier attitude regarding privacy so I googled
Opera Facebook takeover +2013
I wonder if FB has taken over Opera - It would explain one or two things

Reply #3
I don't really know what it is (Mac?), but surely it's old rather than new. Looks like the last activity there was around '06. :P

Reply #4

I don't really know what it is (Mac?), but surely it's old rather than new. Looks like the last activity there was around '06. :P

What gave you the idea that I would know anything about it?
( other than the member list  :-X )

Old group, created by a member who's been inactive for years, I don't remember what exactly the purpose was.

Reply #5
I looked at the forum and there was a "Macallan's topic" xD

Reply #6
I just looked at it, not much there but enough for a flashback. I miss the squirrel :(

Reply #7
Quote from: String
I note that Opera has a new Group called D&D which stands for Discussions and Debates, not the other way round. It already has a few members, but I don't want to join just yet for fear of diluting our effort here.

Why??

I'm surprised of you String -- better put, somewhat disappointed.

Hey.....Join, & make a positive impact on their future.

Let them know that come March 2014 they have none.

Invite them to taste the good green grass on [glow=green,2,300]DnD Sanctuary's [/glow]side of the fence!

[glow=green,2,300]DnD Sanctuary [/glow] is here now, & it will not ignore their taste & need for freedom of expression well past March 2014!

Simply said, don't ignore any opportunity to exploit Opera's decision to negate their freedom to associate!!!

Oh BTW...........Tell them to invite their friends too!

Reply #8
Sorry -  I made a mistake about the date of the latest rumours of a Facebook - Opera takeover. Looking back I did it seems to have been May 2012.

See
here

and here

Reply #9
I suspect Facebook is like many other buyout rumours the last decade, manufactured for stock manipulation purposes. My impression of the Oslo Stock Exchange is that it is more Wild West than stock exchanges at large, and investors there have definitely not been beyond a little rumour spreading from time to time. During my time they had a stellar performance record of never matching reality.

I thought the rumour of a Microsoft buyout was particularly rich. (At least Facebook would kind of make sense.)

String's sleuthing skills struck a fumble. "Group started:  Sep 2005"