Skip to main content
Topic: Is the American NCC Channel bias?? (Read 872 times)

Is the American NCC Channel bias??

Sometimes here in the UK I will occasionally go through the Freeview channel list we have and there is something that I am seriously pondering on regarding the CNN company. Repeatedly having Democrat Party Congressmen on and interviews leaning against the other lot the Republicans. Does not look very democratic for a news channel??
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Is the American NCC Channel bias??

Reply #1
...been locked in Biden's Basement® the last few decades, eh? :)

There aren't any news stations anymore, RJ. Journalism is a dying profession. (But some "amateurs" do yeoman's work. And some old hands are joining the "amateurs".)
Remember the old saw, Believe none of what you read and only half of what you see!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2
I just felt Oakdale after repeatedly looking at CNN it is not broad and impartial and might as well be labelled Democrat. One night they had 4 people together and all Biden leaning which made me shake my head. Also produce a politician and the D representation under their name when they yak.

Reply #3
There's always Al Jazzera, and the Beeb! :)
进行 ...

Reply #4
The BBC nowadays is living on it's past standards. They were shocking on what they did about the famous long time singer Cliff Richard who won a sum against them. Now seems they were false in matters dealing with the late Princess Diana People pay just over £15 a month  then that sum was closed by the government for pensioners over 70. Then the following year brought the damn thing back! Only a proportion of lesser off pensioners get it free but routinely most back to having it! Personally I would scrub the BBC as presently organised as a public and although no adverts good it is a joke these days everyone having a kind of tax for the damnable thing.

My query on the US NCC I stick with and it is head shaking actually leaning to one side.

Reply #6
Unfortunately a damn farce Frenzie! The government scraps the BBC licence fee for older people hen the next year brings the damn thing back! Twice the BBC has been involved in two rather disgraceful impropriety matters. The nonsense n Cliff Richards and now a falseness on the late Princess Diana. It seemed head shaking the government cancelss that fee making no action of the effect on BBC income so just brings it back??! Senior Citizens with less income get allowed for that re the BBC but the rest of that age group gets hit as many will have a state and a works pension.

Although fine it has no adverts to pay for itself but frankly its not what it historically as and the government financial involvement should be binned. Even a well known top BBC man involved in seeing to political and current affairs on screen is shoving off and going to a brand new news company starting soon. My consolation is I m not married and can gripe when watching tv!   :yes:

Reply #8
removing the Fairness Doctrine
was a terrible thing! Because where would we be without gov't bureaucrats telling us what thoughts are allowable? :)

(I well remember Johnny Carson's skits on the "Fairness" Doctrine! And Gilda Radner's on SNL!)
进行 ...