Skip to main content
Topic: The Pope is now breaking tradition and supporting queerdom! (Read 1022 times)

The Pope is now breaking tradition and supporting queerdom!

What a really surprising bit of news from the present Pope jumping away from centuries and all for that corner now. Even more surprising considering when he was an archbishop in South America he was the opposite. Now he is all for such according to the news and just gives me another negative on the man!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: The Pope is now breaking tradition and supporting queerdom!

Reply #2
Congrats for managing to post a link, rj :up: (even though your "latest head shaking stuff" is from five years ago).

Reply #3
Well I think I need to also inform you ersi that this news IS LATEST listed in Britain!!

Reply #4
And ersi here is the latest RC stuff.

A new African American cardinal and the first in that country when Archbishop of Atlamta was pusing homosexuality

Reply #5
He’s supporting civil unions. Not recognizing gay marriage. Not sure why you are fretting over that.

Given that your Kirk allows women as Reverends, seems a bit hypocritical on your part Mr. Howie. The Bible and Paul are very clear on a woman’s place in the church after all.

Reply #6
Well as it happens I am against the Kirk moving towards queer ministers and indeed a crawl for marriages for that corner. Progress in a general mind is fine and Paul an outstanding man as I said once in a sermon but we have moved on regarding his time. I had to wear a black gown twice a month but not on spiritual matters!

Reply #7
Well as it happens I am against the Kirk moving towards queer ministers and indeed a crawl for marriages for that corner. Progress in a general mind is fine and Paul an outstanding man as I said once in a sermon but we have moved on regarding his time. I had to wear a black gown twice a month but not on spiritual matters!
No doubt you had Red Socks on? :left:

Reply #8
Ah you poor man not knowing and will explain.

When I said that wore a black gown it was not for religious reasons it was a court at one of my city's District Court and I was in charge. Nice being a 'your honour.' As for socks - no red ones but have orange (of course) and Union Flag ones amongst my collection. Mind you at rallies my staunch reformed faith speeches have went down well!  :rolleyes:

Reply #9
It's not really controversial to point out that the scriptures condemn same-sex relationships and that there is no room for marriage or anything like marriage for same-sexers and that all popes until the present one solidly held to these views. However, the present pope's gay-friendliness may be a ploy to divert attention from the church's pedophile scandal, because everybody knows that once LBTQ(open-ended) gets normalised, so do basically all unspeakable sexual perversions. This is a bit controversial to say, until it actually happens, even though easily foreseen.

Meanwhile, Vatican has published a weak attempt of a copout, too weak to be bothered with.

Reply #10
That Church has a routine historical big problem and included top clergy and not just routine priests. Time that lot changed the priest status.

Reply #11
Pope Names First Women to Office That Helps Select Bishops
The decision to name the three women — two nuns and a laywoman — as members of the Congregation for Bishops will put them in position to influence the selection of the 5,300 bishops who lead dioceses and play a prominent role in the church’s interaction with the faithful all over the world.

“The Pope is saying that the church is choosing bishops together with women,” said Paolo Rodari, a Vatican expert for the Italian daily La Repubblica. “Even in the most male chauvinist niches of the church, his message will resonate.”
Oh, there are male chauvinist niches of the church? Who could have guessed?

Next: Elect a female pope. Well, they actually had one.