Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce of the American 2028 Presidential Elections  (Read 962 times)

The Awesomesauce of the American 2028 Presidential Elections

I was buying milk and mozzarella, both with an expiration date at or after the 2020 US presidential election (counting and quarreling not included).

That is a signal the 2028 US presidential campaign is about to begin. So here we are. 

Re: The Awesomesauce of the American 2028 Presidential Elections

Reply #1
For the record, previous presidential campaigns:

The Awesomesauce of the American 2024 Presidential Elections
The Awesomesauce of the American 2020 Presidential Elections
The Awesomesauce of the American 2016 Presidential Elections
The Awesomesauce of the American 2012 Presidential Elections
The Awesomesauce of the American 2008 Presidential Elections
The Awesomesauce of the American 2004 Presidential Elections

The 2000 Gush vs Bore nailbiter was Before Opera.

Reply #2
That word 'awesome' is a typical American expression but the whole election thing is a national farce. A country that is full of head shaking negatives and equally interfering with all over the world while tens of millions getting little good in the place. It will not matter a d whether of the two men win the election generally the negatives will continue. Even in a non-virus situ when the normalise those so-called party conferences that area is a farce and daft. In the high court level it is all about political views too. Republican or Democrat parties mean sod all in normality and the system head shaking.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #3
Awesome.

159 date=1594156227]
I note you like a lot of folk here in Gt Britain have got brained by Yanks. The 'awesome' word and we tend to use the words they use here routinely which I find a groan.

Reply #4
Om television news I watched a bit of Obama speaking to a crowd looking casual and that routine daft habit of his with sleeves rolled up which is a damn nonsense. Oh he can put over words but in hard facts not stating polices do not mean a damn from either the Democrat or Republican corner.  Both sides come out with waffle not hard policy matters for improving does not matter who wins the braining will continue. The system lacks much and is more easy to waffle people.

Reply #5
That was, I assume, for the 2008 election, not the 2028 one.

There is a loophole, either big or medium-sized, in the 22nd amendment. Obama cannot run for president a third time, but he may probably run for vice-president. There is some debate about that, but as he's probably a supreme court justice by then, he could get a favourable ruling. Assume that, after their re-election in 2028, president Ocasio-Cortez and VP Omar both resign. Then the presidency, by the line of succession, will go to the speaker of the House, which happens to be Barack Obama.

Reply #6
Obama? Sigh but at least farce continuation matter!

Reply #7
Speaker of the House [...] Barack Obama [!]
I assure you, Barack will probably have lost interest in even his golf game by then. (He really has never had much truck with work... :) I'm still waiting for his legal scholarship!)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #8
Besides, by inauguration day 2029 Obama would be 68 years old. To paraphrase Borat, he would be too young for you.

Reply #9
And still doing little practically.

Reply #10
Trump will have completed his final term in 2028. Will be interesting to see how the Russopublicans will move past Trumpism or if they will not and instead nominate Don Jr or Ivanka?

Reply #11
Pity Americans stuck with the system they have.