Skip to main content
Topic: FIFA World Cups (Read 56741 times)

Re: FIFA World Cups

Reply #150
In more news, France and Germany intervened over World Cup votes, says Sepp Blatter.

It looks like the mud is being spread around. The result of the Swiss investigation into the awarding of the World Cups to Russia (1018) and Qatar (2022) will be interesting to read. I hope they get it out before the Finals take place!

Reply #151

The result of the Swiss investigation into the awarding of the World Cups to Russia (1018) and Qatar (2022) ...

Does the US now investigate the Kievan Rus'?  :o
I thought the English invented football and not Vladimir the Great already at the beginning of the 11th century.

BTW, it's a politically motivated attemt of the USA to deprive Russia from hosting the world cup.
It started more than a year ago.

Reply #152

The result of the Swiss investigation into the awarding of the World Cups to Russia (1018) and Qatar (2022) ...

Does the US now investigate the Kievan Rus'?  :o
I thought the English invented football and not Vladimir the Great already at the beginning of the 11th century.

BTW, it's a politically motivated attemt of the USA to deprive Russia from hosting the world cup.
It started more than a year ago.

I certainly approve of sanctions against Russia for their annexation of the Crimea and their instigation and support of secessionists in the east of Ukraine, but the preparations for the World Cup in Moscow are too far gone to stop now unless some very, repeat very, football, related behaviour comes to light.

By the way Switzerland is not beholden to the US, they are, I hope, sharing evidence, but working to a political agenda, I doubt it. The Swiss are good at being neutral.

Reply #153
Should politics and sport be kept separate?
=================================

Reply #154

Should politics and sport be kept separate?
=================================

As far as I can see, the picture is from the 1934 world cup in Italy. Neither was fascism a concern for the USA at that time nor did it boycott the games.
As you probably know, the USA was one of the participants.
Besides, should I enumerate some big US corporations which helped Hitler to vage war? ...

Anyway, how about a more recent example (one example should suffice so far) instead of yours that is more than 80 years old?

Should the FIFA have ban the US soccer team from the 2006 world cup because of the Iraq war which was in breach of international law and based on lies?
What sanctions would be appropiate for setting on fire entire regions?

Should dirty geopolitical games be extended and used as propaganda on sports and athletes?
In case you think it should - who can guarantee that it will be done equitably?
You? The USA? Russia? China? Switzerland? Or rather Tuvalu?

Reply #156

Besides, should I enumerate some big US corporations which helped Hitler to vage war? ...

What are you trying to imply sir?  And it better be good.   :knight:  :chef:

It's astonishing how little some (most?) Americans know even about their very recent history, even so American history as a whole started very late (17th century).
BTW,

German diplomats award Henry Ford, center, with their nation's highest decoration for foreigners, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, in July 1938.
=========================================================================

Looking at Jimbro's picture more carefully, I realise that it's from the Summer Olympics (1936).
In contrast to the soccer team in Italy (1934), the American olympic team (359 athletes) was quite successful in Berlin. ;)

Reply #157
On September 30, 1938, British prime minister Neville Chamberlain (an advocate of appeasement), French premier Edouard Daladier, Italian prime minister Benito Mussolini, and Hitler signed the Munich agreement. The Munich agreement ceded the Sudetenland to Germany. In March 1939, Germany occupied and dismembered the rump Czechoslovak state.
=======================================
My picture or my avatar? The avatar is an amalgam of the American and British flags.

Reply #159
It's astonishing how little some (most?) Americans know even about their very recent history, even so American history as a whole started very late (17th century).

Not their fault, they live in what's basically a giant history/reality washing machine.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #160

I'm not a world historian d**khead, but I know enough about the history of my country.  The trouble is that idiots like you make it sound as though corporate America knew in advance of Hitler's plans and in fact that more than 60 million people would be slaughtered in a world war.  Moreover you make it seem as if IBM, Ford and Bush's grandfather were not patriotic Americans, but indeed, more evil than Hitler himself.  Why do you do stupid shit like this--you sound like rj, only much worse and more prejudiced (jealous).   :knight:   :mad:
James J

Reply #161

d**khead, idiots like you, stupid shit

Mister, your primitive wording speaks for itself.
As for my statement that big US corporations helped Hitler to wage war - it's a fact. BTW, it weren't only Ford and IBM.

Reply #162
Back to FIFA. You boys can get back to your spitting match after this one.

ZURICH (AP) — Chuck Blazer was expelled by FIFA's ethics committee on Thursday for widespread corruption, finally ending the career of the longtime most senior American in world football.

Reply #163
German diplomats award Henry Ford, center, with their nation's highest decoration for foreigners, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, in July 1938.

Never trust either a diplomat, a plutocrat or a politician, no matter how highly regarded.

:o
U.S. Founding Father and 3rd President, Thomas Jefferson, owned slaves.

:o

Reply #164

Back to FIFA. You boys can get back to your spitting match after this one.

ZURICH (AP) — Chuck Blazer was expelled by FIFA's ethics committee on Thursday for widespread corruption, finally ending the career of the longtime most senior American in world football.

One can't help wondering if Blazer's biggest crime, in the eyes of the present incumbents at FIFA, was to plea bargain and spill so many dirty beans about corruption at FIFA.

Reply #165
How much do you think a FIFA hit man would €cost€.

Reply #166
As for my statement that big US corporations helped Hitler to wage war - it's a fact. BTW, it weren't only Ford and IBM.

Yes, it was also all the German corporations in case you're forgetting it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #167
As for my statement that big US corporations helped Hitler to wage war - it's a fact.

Is it proper to make it sound as if the US corps abetted Hitler in the commitment of his atrocities?  No it is not, you are just another member of the US basher's club here on DnD--and none too veiled either.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #168
Every country teaches, and learns, and believes, its own brand of history.

Reply #169
Where is the true interpretation?   :knight:
James J

Reply #170
I think you may have begged the question.

Reply #172
The newest news on FIFA. Putinistas weigh in.
Russia 2018 chief: Blatter is a victim
Visa has been one of the most critical of Fifa's top sponsors. Nevertheless, such public plain talking is rare.
Coca-Cola and McDonald's have also been vocal about their concerns.
Fifa's other key sponsors include Budweiser and Adidas.
Top Fifa officials were arrested earlier this year on charges of racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering as part of a US prosecution that also indicted 14 people.
It sparked the resignation of its president, Sepp Blatter, who announced he intended to leave next year.

Reply #173
Did not every European nation (Spain, Italy…), the U.S.S.R., Japan, etc.? (Let's leave out the South Americans… :) ) Your point seems to be that -if U.S. actors support "evil"- the source and main support of the "evil" can be ignored: Because the U.S. is complicit. And we all know that the U.S. needs to be pure as the driven snow — else it is dirty!
Pots calling kettles black is an old women's game. Feel free to play, Krake:)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #174
Did not every European nation (Spain, Italy…), the U.S.S.R., Japan, etc.?

Nazi ideology was widely spread across Europe. It had sympathizers even among members of the British Royal Family and last but not least in the USA as well (I assume you know about the failed fascist coup over the pond :) ).
But don't mix things up. There is a distinct difference.
Feel free to enumerate big corporations from "Spain, Italy..." able to boost with technology German war industry so it can wage war.
As for the USSR, you are really funny. It must be your 'intellectual' verbal contribution to global warming. :D