Skip to main content
Topic: New Black Lives Matter nonsense in UK annoyed folk here (Read 560 times)

New Black Lives Matter nonsense in UK annoyed folk here

On a regular tv show here "Britain's Got Talent"  that corner got publicity dance troupe centring on that subject by their actions . However may watchers not taken with the content and 13,000 put in complaints to Ofcom. It apparently included a kneeking incident to emphasise their corner. Utterly ridiculous the way that corner is going on here in Britain.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: New Black Lives Matter nonsense in UK annoyed folk here

Reply #1
Some few here in NutJobLand™ are even so politically in-correct as to ask the obvious question: What exactly are they protesting?
A likely necessary follow-up: Do they even know?"
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2
I was glad that so many watxhers snipped at that BLM nonsense in the show. Utter nonsense that was put on. Nice to know there are others who are brave enough apart from me on BLM nonsense.

Reply #3
Were the performances good!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #4
Glad I did not watch that rubbishy tv programme but that so many screen viewers got so angry and sent all those complaints brilliant! :up:

Reply #6
Incidentally, we had a Singlish guest lecturer during my Englishes linguistics course at the university.

Reply #7
And in my secondary school there was a Canadian guest teacher of English for a while. (Yup, a foreign guest teacher in SU.) In Canada they speak a language that is very similar to English https://youtu.be/lepM8VCGN7c?t=74

Reply #8
Oakdale I do not watch that programme too run of the mill stuff. But at least there were people responding who were not brain dead folk and the courage to express their right of opinion on an iffy item.  :irked: