Skip to main content
Topic: Why people don't have sense of humour? (Read 16516 times)

Re: Why people don't have sense of humour?

Reply #25
What gives you the audacity to think that I give a rat's ass about your amusement?

Seems to be your thing. As is irrational emotional response. You can choose to be amused, indifferent or hurt by what I said... So, you've retreated to defensive simply because I disagree.

Presuming I care about your amusement when you have no regard for mine (But do ersi's?):

First of all, most humor (from slapstick to sarcasm), resonates with me.

... when, indeed, I do not. Probably a symptom of the mood I'm in.

If you're not done bellyaching? You can go on to point out just what these people are missing from your melancholy view on the meaning of life.

Reply #27
Seems to be your thing. As is irrational emotional response. You can choose to be amused, indifferent or hurt by what I said... So, you've retreated to defensive simply because I disagree.

It was hardly an irrational response, it was completely warranted by the smart ass remark you made.  If you can't take it then don't dish it out sir.  Btw, I believe I was being quite offensive and certainly not 'defensive'. 

You can go on to point out just what these people are missing from your melancholy view on the meaning of life.

Melancholy???  Are you daft...I celebrate life everyday.  Being alive is the luckiest thing that can happen to anyone, but few appreciate the opportunity.  I haven't always realized what I had in being alive, thank goodness I realized it in time to enjoy the better part of my existence.  As far as the meaning of life is concerned, isn't it rather obvious that it is simply what each of us chooses it to be. 
James J

Reply #28
If you can't take it then don't dish it out sir.

I'm sorry? Did you do something?

Btw, I believe I was being quite offensive and certainly not 'defensive'.

Yeah /s. your ability for situational understanding is what's in question.

Being alive is the luckiest thing that can happen to anyone, but few appreciate the opportunity.

Few appreciate the opportunity? That's an over generalization. You have nothing to back that up.

But really, crying time is over. I'm not insulted by your remarks. If you want to make a valid point about why people who don't subscribe to your idea of humor are not living life to its fullest... Please do so.   

Edit:(On a side note; I find it amusing this started as someone insulting your intelligence but now you wish you could insult mine.)

Reply #29

Some people think they are above having a sense of humor or joking about anything because it demeans their awesome intellect; they see a sense of humor as being childlike and irrational (we really must pity these poor souls--such as Ersi). 

You are right in that you are demeaning my awesome intellect by being way too far below it, but you are wrong in thinking that I have no sense of humour about it. If your aim was to make a joke that would resonate with anyone, or ridicule me so that someone would get laugh, you failed. Try again, and try harder. Humour must be practised seriously if it is to succeed.

I have no apologies for shining the light of my awesome intellect to the world. The bright sparkling pearls of my wisdom are making this a better place. You only draw from me and you contribute nothing of your own. You are not able to refute even a word of mine. My shoelaces have a broader experience of life than you have. The hair of my beard is more learned than you are. Do you even have a beard?

It's because of my intellect alone that the average IQ here in these forums is 246. You miserly mortal, you think you are something, but you are only basking in the light and warmth of my glory. Don't even for a minute think that your ingratitude affects me in any way. I don't need anything from you. Be thankful to merciful Allah for your remaining breathing hours here and make a good use of the sense of humour He gave you, if you haven't already completely squandered it, you earthworm.

Reply #30
i am Humor

and i find this thread  offensive  :D

Reply #32
I have no apologies for shining the light of my awesome intellect to the world. The bright sparkling pearls of my wisdom are making this a better place. You only draw from me and you contribute nothing of your own. You are not able to refute even a word of mine. My shoelaces have a broader experience of life than you have. The hair of my beard is more learned than you are. Do you even have a beard?

Lol...you are a riot Ersi (and yes, I love it)!  That's an awful lot of ranting and raving for you to spout and then proclaim that I have no effect on you.  I believe that more than anything, you know that I have struck a chord of 'the way things truly are' with you and it pisses you off to no end.  Your castle of intellect is crumbling around you and you can't stop it because there is no way to hide from the truth. 

There is no more after this and if you can't have a sense of humor about it, then your life Ersi, with all that imagined intellect of yours, will be greatly diminished from what it could be.  By declaring that you are of superior intellect, simply proves that you are not.  If you are going to pretend for the rest of your days then you are much worse off than I imagined. 

I already have the answer for all you seek.  It's not so much that I found it or invented it as it is that, what I have always believed, has now been irrefutably proven to be true.  You could never grasp the concepts of which I speak because your immense ego absolutely does not allow you to admit error.  And that's the real shame of Don 'Ersi' Quixote who will go on tilting at windmills to his dying day. 
James J

Reply #33
Do you even have a beard?

I am further along the human evolutionary process than you, therefore, I have very little facial hair to grow a neanderthal beard, such as yours (now THAT'S humor folks)!!   :cheers: 
James J

Reply #34
:yes:

Reply #35
I am further along the human evolutionary process than you, therefore, I have very little facial hair to grow a neanderthal beard, such as yours (now THAT'S humor folks)!!

I'm starting to see the problem. :pokerface:

Your humor is rather simplistic and off point... Ersi nailed his entrance. His mock rant sent you into a tizzy. :lol:

Reply #36
Your humor is rather simplistic and off point... Ersi nailed his entrance. His mock rant sent you into a tizzy.

First of all, get your nose out of Ersi's ass--I doubt he needs or welcomes your aid.  Some people never see the humor in jokes...but then they have right temporal lobe damage--what's your excuse?  (Ba dum tssshhh)   :lol:  :cheers:

(This site is getting funnier by the minute!)   :hat:
James J

Reply #37
First of all

Positively defensive. Is this your catchphrase?
get your nose out of Ersi's ass--I doubt he needs or welcomes your aid.

And here is an irrational emotional response. ersi and I aren't in league against you because we don't agree with whatever you're saying. Agreeing with him hasn't been a habit of mine, like lame posts are one of yours.
Quote from: jseaton2311
Some people never see the humor in jokes

Some jokes just suck. I'd explain but I'm already running the risk of you thinking I'm taking this seriously.
but then they have right temporal lobe damage--what's your excuse?  (Ba dum tssshhh)

A good example, tho. What? Are we age 12? Is this funny to ya, chuckles? Aww. :(
(This site is getting funnier by the minute!)

You clearly have no idea. ;)

Reply #38
Boys!
Play nice.

Reply #39
 :lol: This thread has been highly entertaining.  :devil:

Reply #40
Positively defensive. Is this your catchphrase?

You are picking apart what I have said in a meek effort to save a little face with those watching.  I have insulted you clearly enough by means of a joke (tho u will deny it)--is that your best 'sissy' response?  We need not draw pistols at twenty paces, but c'mon...have a backbone and you could save 15% or more on car insurance.  8)  :cheers:
James J

Reply #41
well,

i guess an Upvote / DownVote button is necessary for this kind of situation .

Reply #42
You are picking apart what I have said in a meek effort to save a little face with those watching.

You really should stop responding. I'm stringing you along a bit here... Tho, that's never really a good crowd pleaser. 
Quote from: jseaton2311
I have insulted you clearly enough by means of a joke (tho u will deny it)

You really have no idea what's going on. I fear you can't remember past one or two posts now.
We need not draw pistols at twenty paces, but c'mon...have a backbone and you could save 15% or more on car insurance.

I'm going to have to apologize to you if it turns out you're mentally retarded. :-\

Reply #44
You really should stop responding. I'm stringing you along a bit here...

Give me a freaking break.  I think it's been apparent from the start who is stringing who along.   :no:

I'm going to have to apologize to you if it turns out you're mentally retarded.

Again with the childish sissy responses?  If you can do no better than that, then just let it go fer chrissakes!   :cry:
James J

Reply #45
People in general have a sense of humor. Sometimes it wears thin in certain situations.

Right now, it's not hard to tell who's lacking in humor-- not hard at all, really-- so how about lightening up a bit, eh?
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #46
Give me a freaking break.

You're right. You are a bit fragile. I'll play nice.

Regardless of their intent it's only demeaning to you if you take it that way, at first. Humor is no different. I can't fault someone for laughing at slapstick antics even if the source is me busting my ass and I am not amused. By the same regard you can't fault me if I'm not amused. Continuing to jeer on after the reaction wouldn't be humor anymore despite any joy derived. So really, if we're going Freudian, seems insecurities are to blame.

Although after rereading this I would word it a bit different, I may of went too far in making the point... even the joke at the end may be spot on. Humor is many different things. The same circumstances can be funny to some while not others or eventually even wear out and not be funny to anyone anymore. Missing that along with the fact you've really failed to be funny in a humor thread is telling enough without me.

Reply #47

You really should stop responding. I'm stringing you along a bit here...

Give me a freaking break.  I think it's been apparent from the start who is stringing who along.   :no:

I'm going to have to apologize to you if it turns out you're mentally retarded.

Again with the childish sissy responses?  If you can do no better than that, then just let it go fer chrissakes!   :cry:
Can you enlighten me. Who is chris?

Reply #49
Can you enlighten me. Who is chris?

Might be his lover?

These lame responses are so repetitive and predictable for this site that it's really getting quite tedious.  Anyone out there with an original thought for a change?  At least something with the real-deal-spicy-awesome-sauce.   :knight:
James J